PDA

View Full Version : Keytaon Thompson

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2016, 09:58 PM
I'm not at Big Dawg, but word is that this guy has looked really really good tonight.

Here's the thing, we can complain about recruiting rankings till the cows come home, and rightfully so, but I think it's also important to acknowledge that, if Dan Mullen gets the right QB for his system, we will win a ton of games.

It appears that Mullen has found the right guy.

Political Hack
07-22-2016, 10:08 PM
That's awesome to hear.

Dawgology
07-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Awesome! Great news!

Reason2succeed
07-22-2016, 10:22 PM
A great QB can almost neutralize any other defiency. Almost. That's why we can complain about many aspects of Mullen but he is by far the best coach we've had in my lifetime.

djaymsu5
07-22-2016, 11:06 PM
A great QB can almost neutralize any other defiency. Almost. That's why we can complain about many aspects of Mullen but he is by far the best coach we've had in my lifetime.

The thing is, he could be even better if he would get out of his own way sometimes. He puts a ceiling on his potential

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Best QB Mullen has committed.

confucius say
07-22-2016, 11:30 PM
Best QB Mullen has committed.

At state you mean or period?

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2016, 11:32 PM
At state you mean or period?

Cam Newton is the best QB Mullen has recruited. If Thompson were actually better than him, then we are winning a natty in the near future

JohnnyQuid
07-22-2016, 11:46 PM
I feel like dan has recruited at all positions by his own criteria. our OL is the only place it's disappointed. he recruits skill ability heart and work ethic.

he prolly does lose some 5 star guys telling them they gotta work like never before to earn a starting role. I'll take the guys who wanna work and have all the tools physically and mentally just not refined

tldr: I trust our evaluation esp at qb

Todd4State
07-23-2016, 12:26 AM
Thompson is legit. I'm hesitant to say that he is as good as Cam but he definitely has a similar skill set. The great thing is we are bringing in great skill guys to surround him- Malik Heath, Kylin Hill, Austin Williams, and Monterio Hunt ad if we can land McMath and his teammate Devonta Smith (I think is his name) who is a 2018 that just de-committed from LSU we're going to have an embarrassment of riches at the skill positions for him to work with.

We're off to a decent start at building a good o-line for him as well- Suggs and Gainer are both solid prospects that can be developed and should fill the LT and C spots for us. So, we just need to find two more guards and a tackle. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a Michael Storey type o-line prospect out there that no one knows about yet that will emerge during the season. There always seems to be one out there.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2016, 09:06 AM
So what is Thompson's style ?

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2016, 09:49 AM

I think from a size, style, and toolset, we are looking at something extremely similar to Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick currently plays at 6'4" 225 and Keytaon is currently 6'4" 210. I expect him to be Kaepernick's size. On film, he also appears to play similarly.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2016, 10:21 AM

I think the comparison I would use is Brett Hundley. Keytaon has everything you need. Good athleticism, a very strong arm, leadership abilities (guys just gravitate to him & who knew pretty much all the recruits), & intelligence (he's a 4.0gpa student). After a RS year all bets are off no matter who the starter becomes he's going to challenge them.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2016, 10:25 AM
I know we give Dan some grief here sometimes but the man can't be accused of not having a QB since his own recruiting efforts kicked in .... love the measurable's and style referenced above

sleepy dawg
07-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Damn! This guy looks amazing. Damn glad to have him join us.

confucius say
07-23-2016, 12:25 PM
He looks faster than the 4.96 forty that 24/7 has him listed at

Percho
07-23-2016, 01:20 PM
He looks faster than the 4.96 forty that 24/7 has him listed at

Third grade time :) !