PDA

View Full Version : Cordavian Suggs

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Looks like SR may be hinting that he may be about to pull the trigger for us at BDC.

DawgPoundtheRock
07-22-2016, 04:30 PM
Don't know anything about him. Could you elaborate?

07-22-2016, 04:32 PM

http://247sports.com/Player/Cordavien-Suggs-88887

https://twitter.com/_73era

Todd4State
07-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Legit LT prospect originally from Jackson but moved to Florida. Would be huge pick up for us and it would be big to fill the two most difficult positions to fill on the o-line already with Gainer at center and Suggs at LT.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Why is a big time LT prospect only rated an 83?

mic
07-22-2016, 04:39 PM

Dozen or so Power 5 offers.
Don't give a **** about star rankings when it comes to OL ...
Offers > Stars

Todd4State
07-22-2016, 04:41 PM

Not sure. My guess is because he is 270 right now pending today's weigh in and is not going to be day one ready for the SEC. I'm not concerned about what the experts think about him- he's an excellent prospect and his score will probably go up.

HSVDawg
07-22-2016, 05:04 PM

Strictly based on his offer list, he appears to be a good (but not elite) OL prospect. Several other Power 5 offers, but none from the "big boys" like Bama, LSU, Florida, FSU, OSU, Oklahoma, etc. But it's certainly a step in the right direction given the current status quo for our OL recruiting.

msstate7
07-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Strictly based on his offer list, he appears to be a good (but not elite) OL prospect. Several other Power 5 offers, but none from the "big boys" like Bama, LSU, Florida, FSU, OSU, Oklahoma, etc. But it's certainly a step in the right direction given the current status quo on OL recruiting.

"Good (lots of offers, even if not sec)" is a move in the right direction. I want him

Dallas_Dawg
07-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Hell yeah. I like how we are going to Florida to fill the OL needs. Reese last year, Suggs and maybe more this year.

Lance Harbor
07-22-2016, 07:35 PM

But Bull was too busy in the pimp game to qualify.

Goldendawg
07-22-2016, 07:58 PM
What kind of and how many offers did Dylan Day have? With the # of players in Florida and the "Star" system, I would trust our coaches on the young man and his upside. OL is a very hard position to evaluate. Takes some good players a couple of years to grow into a starting position in the SEC. We don't seem to interest many 4 & 5 star OL against the Big Boys and those under the microscope of the NCAA. I do hate missing on local 4 Star players that would rather be buried on the depth chart at an Alabama or LSU rather than play multiple years for us. Our coaches need to work harder to prevent this.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2016, 08:32 PM
I trust our coaches when we offer early.

Bully13
07-22-2016, 09:22 PM
I trust our coaches when we offer early.

Not with ol. They've proven their incompetence time after time. Save me and others time by pointing out the one offs like day.

I will give hevesy credit if he can hang on to an ol croot with offers other than Memphis but I'm not sure until signing day.

Hevesy still sucks my knob.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2016, 10:53 PM
Not with ol. They've proven their incompetence time after time. Save me and others time by pointing out the one offs like day.

I will give hevesy credit if he can hang on to an ol croot with offers other than Memphis but I'm not sure until signing day.

Hevesy still sucks my knob.

The difference is when Hevesy has ran off the early offers we then fill in with warm bodies at the end. That is the guys we are stealing from USM or South Alabama.

msujan
07-22-2016, 11:28 PM
He looked very good tonight.

JohnnyQuid
07-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Kylin hill and Tyler dunning are the kind of guys u want on a team. they're doing a great job as leaders before they're even on campus. gonna be fan favorites quickly. those guys use social media in a positive way and it's refreshing

dawgoneyall
07-23-2016, 12:43 AM
The difference is when Hevesy has ran off the early offers we then fill in with warm bodies at the end. That is the guys we are stealing from USM or South Alabama.

Wonder if any one on this board has ever been around Hevesy? He has issues......nothing else has to be said.

msbulldog
07-23-2016, 07:17 AM
I'm just glad we're signing OL!

sleepy dawg
07-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Hell yeah. Looks like a solid pickup.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2016, 10:25 AM
"Good (lots of offers, even if not sec)" is a move in the right direction. I want him

Looks like Tenn and SC has offered.

msstate7
07-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Looks like Tenn and SC has offered.

When did Tennessee and South Carolina join the sec?!!!!*** yeah, I overlooked some of his offers

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2016, 03:01 PM
Pawl just said that Suggs is the best LT prospect we've had committed since Sherrod.

So I guess his ranking will improve

HSVDawg
07-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Pawl just said that Suggs is the best LT prospect we've had committed since Sherrod.

So I guess his ranking will improve

That's really not saying much. Basically he's a better prospect than Blaine Clausell. That being said, I'm still excited to have him and hope that he sticks with us.

msstate7
07-23-2016, 04:15 PM
That's really not saying much. Basically he's a better prospect than Blaine Clausell. That being said, I'm still excited to have him and hope that he sticks with us.

Rankin was well thought of