PDA

View Full Version : I was reading about that caller on Bo Bounds

lamont
07-22-2016, 11:08 AM
OlRebelsomething was talking about how small the OM issues really are. It just seems that these people really have no clue what they are talking about. Or that they want to believe what their homer reporters are telling them so bad they lose all logic.

That guy and others try to downplay Freeze visiting players with boosters. Because the guy hasn't bought season tickets in a few years is irrelevant. Once a booster- always a booster. He's a booster. End of story

Coaches visiting recruits along with boosters is a huge infraction. They try to downplay it by comparing it with the Baylor situation. Well Rebels, coaches visiting recruits with boosters is a rape level violation among NCAA rules. In society rules, it's not that big of a deal. Among NCAA rules, it's about as bad as can be done.

These people have their head so deep in the sand it's frightening

QuadrupleOption
07-22-2016, 11:11 AM
I was shouting that at the radio during Rebel Jacob's call yesterday on Bo Bounds. It amazes me that they refuse to acknowledge this:

Boosters + coaches = OK

Boosters + Recruits = NOT OKAY

Boosters + Coaches + Recruits = YOU'RE ****ED.

SnoopDawg
07-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Rebel Jacob was all hung up on how little money was involved and he kept calling the Memphis booster just a man. He had no concept of understanding that rules violations are an ethical thing. One time mistake may be that but repetitive mistakes are indicative of knowing what you are doing is wrong and you don't really give a crap about the rules. He also would not let Bo tell him that the 4 players involved in academic fraud cost the University a couple hundred thousand $$$ in scholarship money. I would guess the NCAA is thinking if they will cheat on the little things over and over, then they must be cheating on the big things. Like I said, it is an ethical issue. Seems some people in the TSUN lack ethics.

hobiedawg
07-22-2016, 12:41 PM
...Seems some people in the TSUN lack ethics.

Some?!!!!?

Reason2succeed
07-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Classic case

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/15commondefensemechanisms-111204172606-phpapp02/95/15-common-defense-mechanisms-6-728.jpg?cb=1444054142

MSUDawg99
07-22-2016, 01:12 PM
Ole Rebel Jacob is just an attention whore. He tries to get fans riled up on purpose.

MSUDawg99
07-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh & he is dumber than a box of rocks too. He is the President of the State of Denial.

Dallas_Dawg
07-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Oh & he is dumber than a box of rocks too. He is the President of the State of Denial.
Zing!!!

LockeDawg
07-22-2016, 03:05 PM
I was shouting that at the radio during Rebel Jacob's call yesterday on Bo Bounds. It amazes me that they refuse to acknowledge this:

Boosters + coaches = OK

Boosters + Recruits = NOT OKAY

Boosters + Coaches + Recruits = YOU'RE ****ED.

Booster + Coaches (including HC) + Recruits + Academic Fraud + back to back coaching staff's & AD's + multiple sports teams = A disaster the size of Chernobyl

Reason2succeed
07-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Can the NCAA give Bjork a show cause?

MSUDawg99
07-25-2016, 04:10 PM
OlRebelsomething was talking about how small the OM issues really are. It just seems that these people really have no clue what they are talking about. Or that they want to believe what their homer reporters are telling them so bad they lose all logic.

That guy and others try to downplay Freeze visiting players with boosters. Because the guy hasn't bought season tickets in a few years is irrelevant. Once a booster- always a booster. He's a booster. End of story

Coaches visiting recruits along with boosters is a huge infraction. They try to downplay it by comparing it with the Baylor situation. Well Rebels, coaches visiting recruits with boosters is a rape level violation among NCAA rules. In society rules, it's not that big of a deal. Among NCAA rules, it's about as bad as can be done.

These people have their head so deep in the sand it's frightening

He probably hasn't HAD to buy season tix in a while. He's probably had sideline passes or comp tickets given to him from the athletic dept.