PDA

View Full Version : Update on Luke Alexander

Goldendawg
07-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Ran into Luke Alexander late this afternoon. Said that his wrist was really coming along and he expected to start hitting the ball next week. He's been working out this summer and really looked cut and stronger. Started the summer at 174 lbs and now weighs 192, but looked really lean and mean, on a good workout plan. Tough Freshman year with the broken wrist, but said that he would be ready for the first day of practice and didn't expect to miss a beat. Luke and family great members of MSU family. I'm looking forward to football, but also excited about coming basketball and baseball seasons. Great days to be a Bulldog, but everyday is a great day to be a "Dawg".

Thick
07-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the update!

Todd4State
07-21-2016, 10:14 PM
The way things have been going I figured this was about him leaving for the Yokohama BayStars of the Japanese League.

Great to hear that this is actually good news for a change. I think he would have taken over the SS job at the end of the year and pushed Gridley to second had he not been injured. He may take it this year- at least I hope so.

I seen it dawg
07-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Great update

msstate7
07-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Thanks for update. Next time you see him ask is switch hitting over with or did we just put it on hold this year.

Martianlander
07-22-2016, 07:56 AM
The way things have been going I figured this was about him leaving for the Yokohama BayStars of the Japanese League.

Great to hear that this is actually good news for a change. I think he would have taken over the SS job at the end of the year and pushed Gridley to second had he not been injured. He may take it this year- at least I hope so.

Is there a chance Alexander or Gridley one might play third? If not who are we projecting there?

Goldendawg
07-22-2016, 07:47 PM
Didn't talk to Luke again, but another close source states that as far as we know he does plan to switch hit again. He had to stop due to the wrist injury. He has been a switch hitter for many years.