PDA

View Full Version : Committee on Infractions meetings

Maroons
07-21-2016, 07:12 PM
Per the NCAA website, the committee meets six times per year, normally in the second weekend of the scheduled months. Upcoming months are August, October, and December.

Any news, rumor, or other way to know when OM is scheduled?

BrokerDawg
07-21-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm hearing October is their scheduled date and it looks like they are going to break this into two parts.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm hearing October is their scheduled date and it looks like they are going to break this into two parts.

Where did you hear two parts?

That would be really interesting because it would mean the NCAA denied Ole Miss' request to delay. It would also possibly insinuate that the NCAA wants to go ahead and lay down a bowl ban and showcause, while waiting till later to lay another hammer down.

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2016, 08:09 PM

You know they're going in dry when they have to break your punishment up into two parts.

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Where did you hear two parts?

That would be really interesting because it would mean the NCAA denied Ole Miss' request to delay. It would also possibly insinuate that the NCAA wants to go ahead and lay down a bowl ban and showcause, while waiting till later to lay another hammer down.

You might be on to something there

msstate7
07-21-2016, 08:22 PM

Has the NCAA ever issued a show cause midseason?

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Would they levy a showcase and bowl ban after the season has started? If so, the city of Oxford better be on suicide watch. Especially if they somehow manage to get off to a good start.

scottycameron
07-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Originally it was June. OM put it off. The NCAA is letting them do whatever they want. Now it's October unless OM wants to push it back again.
I said it before, this is going to end up being a dog and pony show. There's going to be pure hell to pay in October. I almost look forward to the national meltdown and backlash .

Todd4State
07-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Would they levy a showcase and bowl ban after the season has started? If so, the city of Oxford better be on suicide watch. Especially if they somehow manage to get off to a good start.

I've never heard of it being done before but I don't see why they wouldn't or couldn't.

Chip
07-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Originally it was June. OM put it off. The NCAA is letting them do whatever they want. Now it's October unless OM wants to push it back again.
I said it before, this is going to end up being a dog and pony show. There's going to be pure hell to pay in October. I almost look forward to the national meltdown and backlash .

I'm pretty sure it was an August date originally that Ole Miss requested the delay from, due to the Tunsil draft night incidents. Steve R has said since the NOA response was released with the delay request that he expected the NCAA to grant the request, as they were still investigating.

Jarius
07-21-2016, 09:26 PM

They aren't letting them do Whatever they want. Their damn left tackle went on national TV and told the world that they paid him. The NCAA is continuing to investigate that and other things (per the SI article that mentioned the NCAA was not happy when Bjork said the investigation was over).

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 09:37 PM
They aren't letting them do Whatever they want. Their damn left tackle went on national TV and told the world that they paid him. The NCAA is continuing to investigate that and other things (per the SI article that mentioned the NCAA was not happy when Bjork said the investigation was over).

If I followed correctly, I think he meant they are letting Ole Miss do whatever they want in the same way that they let a guy on death row eat whatever he wants before putting him down.

Jarius
07-21-2016, 09:56 PM
If I followed correctly, I think he meant they are letting Ole Miss do whatever they want in the same way that they let a guy on death row eat whatever he wants before putting him down.

Nah, he's said multiple times that he thinks ole miss gets off lightly. It's possible, but the NCAA is not just letting them do what they want.

spbdawg
07-21-2016, 10:16 PM
#

Todd4State
07-21-2016, 10:37 PM

Isn't it kind of curious how the guys on death row always seem to want a steak and two root beer floats for their last meal?

Of course since this is Ole Miss, it's probably going to be cold Abner's chicken fingers and bourbon.

Liverpooldawg
07-21-2016, 10:44 PM

That's the way I read it.

Mjoelner34
07-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Isn't it kind of curious how the guys on death row always seem to want a steak and two root beer floats for their last meal?

Of course since this is Ole Miss, it's probably going to be cold Abner's chicken fingers and bourbon.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Todd4State again.

HailState39110
07-22-2016, 08:28 AM

Sometimes when you give a guy enough rope he'll hang himself