PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds had a good show this morning

Boodawg
07-21-2016, 11:46 AM
It's worth a listen. UM fan was arguing that if you read what in the NOA, then nothing is really that bad. He went on for 13 minutes and sounded like a complete moron. Bo gave him all the actual facts, but the guys still didn't believe anything in the NOA was anything more than a minor infraction.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 11:54 AM
There is going to be massive complaining and bi***** from that side when the sanctions are announced. They are still delusional and aren't seeing this from an objective standpoint. As Devious laid out, by the letter of the law, they have massive, most likely program crippling sanctions coming, yet they are completely unprepared for it. Whenever that time comes, it ms going to be a rough time period for them to comes to grips with this.

My guess is that they blame everyone but themselves. Eventually they may get upset at their own administration for lying to them.

Thick
07-21-2016, 12:07 PM
That's RebelJacob, a complete asshat. I wonder if he ever went down to Ashe Street, and had a rat gnaw off those 2 nipple size moles off of his face??

maroonmania
07-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Apparently nothing is considered bad by them if they were not caught redhanded distributing 1000s of dollars to their top recruits. First, the 8 Level 1 violations in the NOA ARE bad but I have not doubt the NCAA is aware of a LOT more going on with UNM recruiting but don't have the hard evidence to put it in the NOA. Schools that are as ingrained in cheating as UNM have better sense than to leave a paper trail on large payments to recruits. As has been discussed, they usually just give a small down payment that goes with the verbal and LOI with the promise of continued payments after the recruit signs on. Plus taking care of family members and such with "loans" that don't have to be paid back until the player turns professional.

Boodawg
07-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Well it's not fair they had to pay over a million dollars for around $16000 worth of monetary benefits.*** He actually said that. Also said there's not 1 player on UM team right now that was involved in any of this. Haha.

Jarius
07-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Rebel Jacob lives in an alternate reality. Ole Miss has 8 level 1 violations and he acts like it's just no big deal. He actually doesn't think level 1 violations are "a big deal". There are different types of level 1 violations he says. Hey dumbass, perhaps you should go look at the new punishment model that the NCAA has on level 1 violations. You have 8 of them. If you aren't concerned now, you will be when the sanctions come out.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Apparently nothing is considered bad by them if they were caught redhanded distributing 1000s of dollars to their top recruits. First, the 8 Level 1 violations in the NOA ARE bad but I have not doubt the NCAA is aware of a LOT more going on with UNM recruiting but don't have the hard evidence to put it in the NOA. Schools that are as ingrained in cheating as UNM have better sense than to leave a paper trail on large payments to recruits. As has been discussed, they usually just give a small down payment that goes with the verbal and LOI with the promise of continued payments after the recruit signs on. Plus taking care of family members and such with "loans" that don't have to be paid back until the player turns professional.

Exactly, average Rebel fan sees other fans accusing them of "Pay for Play". Then they don't see "Pay for Play" in the NOA and immediately say, "Look, there's nothing here." They don't realize how this works.

whosyourdawgy
07-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Never met him but how he sounds to me on the radio. He sounds exactly how an uppity Ole Miss mofo would sound. Talkin through his nose like his shit doesn't stink and looking down his nose at others like he is better. I've got plenty of Ole Miss friends, but I couldn't be in the room with this asshat for 5 minutes without going off on his ass. I'd probably just leave so I wouldn't make an ass out of myself.

TrapGame
07-21-2016, 12:31 PM
Rebel Jacob lives in an alternate reality. Ole Miss has 8 level 1 violations and he acts like it's just no big deal. He actually doesn't think level 1 violations are "a big deal". There are different types of level 1 violations he says. Hey dumbass, perhaps you should go look at the new punishment model that the NCAA has on level 1 violations. You have 8 of them. If you aren't concerned now, you will be when the sanctions come out.

This right here. They are in SMU territory and think this all about some kid getting a free pair of sneakers from a lowly booster on the Square.

msbulldog
07-21-2016, 12:35 PM

Never met him but how he sounds to me on the radio. He sounds exactly how an uppity Ole Miss mofo would sound. Talkin through his nose like his shit doesn't stink and looking down his nose at others like he is better. I've got plenty of Ole Miss friends, but I couldn't be in the room with this asshat for 5 minutes without going off on his ass. I'd probably just leave so I wouldn't make an ass out of myself.

Not me I'd sit there and 17 with them until they got so mad they'd stomp out of the room. I have done it plenty of times before, man that sure is fun.

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2016, 12:49 PM
I hear the NCAA is building a special conference room for the COI with TSUN.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RNZKFNN9u5Y/TfCZJp4MgaI/AAAAAAAAASs/EZpBek0sheU/s1600/torture.jpg

DawgHouseUnited
07-21-2016, 12:53 PM
This right here. They are in SMU territory and think this all about some kid getting a free pair of sneakers from a lowly booster on the Square.

Exactly. I know at least one specifically that has downplayed the violations as nothing serious. He followed the "9 over 3" mantra. Oh, and Simmons! and Redmon! and Y'all Just Jealous! and WBB and track!

He didn't answer when I asked how he could honestly think 9 scholly's for 8 level 1's was legitimate.

DawgHouseUnited
07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
I hear the NCAA is building a special conference room for the COI with TSUN.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RNZKFNN9u5Y/TfCZJp4MgaI/AAAAAAAAASs/EZpBek0sheU/s1600/torture.jpg

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5326357ae4b0f07b1f05817f/561012cde4b00e2783b37f01/561012cfe4b00e2783b37f16/1443893968065/monty-python-spanish-inquisition.png

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 01:01 PM
That's RebelJacob, a complete asshat. I wonder if he ever went down to Ashe Street, and had a rat gnaw off those 2 nipple size moles off of his face??

What he said. That's OleRebelJacob. He called in yesterday to Jake's show on 105.9 (he's a frequent caller on there) & praised Freeze for being the best recruiter in CFB...that the idea that he could bring in the top rated class in the nation while under the NCAA scrutiny proves that he's the best & that there is no paying for players to come & visit...yada yada.

I'm in complete aww & totally dumbfounded whenever that guy speaks. The delusional is real with that one, Yoda. He really has no idea what's going on in his program. He also said "mark my words, Mullen with go 6-6 & be fired by the end of the season" - referring to this past season. Welp! You look like a complete jackass, yet again Jacob. Nothing you've ever said has come to pass.

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Well it's not fair they had to pay over a million dollars for around $16000 worth of monetary benefits.*** He actually said that. Also said there's not 1 player on UM team right now that was involved in any of this. Haha.

Yeah he said the same thing yesterday on Jake's show. He's just making his rounds. I'm sure he'll be on Head to Head tomorrow, if he's not been already.

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Exactly, average Rebel fan sees other fans accusing them of "Pay for Play". Then they don't see "Pay for Play" in the NOA and immediately say, "Look, there's nothing here." They don't realize how this works.

Except that there is pay for play in the NOA. See Tunsil.

Out of Bounds
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Podcast is on ITUNES http://apple.co/29tmwOm &
Out of Bounds Radio App http://*******/1l69XZN

Boodawg
07-21-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if he planned to do it, but his entire show this morning was about UM and the NCAA.

Chip
07-21-2016, 01:20 PM

It makes no difference whether there's a player still on the team that is named in the NOA. Ask USCw whether Reggie Bush was on the team when they were penalized.

cheewgumm
07-21-2016, 01:20 PM
They don't consider giving a free car as "pay for play".

If someone pays my rent, they "paid me to play".

Chip
07-21-2016, 01:26 PM
If someone pays my rent, they "paid me to play".

I'd have to say, yeah...

MadDawg
07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
I'd have to say, yeah...

Get ole rebel numb-nuts to answer this one simple question: "Would Tunsil have received the free loaner cars and no-term interest-free loans if he didn't play football at ole miss". Yes or No.

I'll hang up and listen.

TUSK
07-21-2016, 01:55 PM
ahhhhh, how soon we all forget... I don't recall any "pay for play" back in the early 90s, either...

Major Infractions Case Display - 1 CaseInstitution: University of Mississippi
Date: November 17, 1994

Violation Sumary: IMPERMISSIBLE RECRUITING: improper contacts by athletics representatives; transportation, lodging, clothing and entertainment provided by athletics representatives during official visits; offer of automobile, money and airline tickets; entertainment outside 30-mile radius during official visit; impermissible comments regarding prospective student-athlete. EXTRA BENEFITS: clothing valued at $200-300; impermissible loan; use of staff member's automobile. UNETHICAL CONDUCT. LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL. [UPHELD ON APPEAL.]

Penalty Summary: Public reprimand; annual reports; reduction from 25 to 13 initial grants for 1995-96 and 1996-97; reduction from 56 to 40 official visits for 1995-96 and 1996-97; recertification. [UPHELD ON APPEAL.]

Bodaski
07-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Ask them to explain why the NCAA is still investigating and having interviews as late as the last week or week and half ago. They are still uncovering things and investigating information they have uncovered. It's not over by a long shot.

Bullsy
07-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Yeah. And in 3 years, none of the 2016 players will be on the 2019 roster when OM gets there 4th NOA