PDA

View Full Version : Interesting story here..the Network well at work on our backyard..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-20-2016, 10:17 PM
link (http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/content/buford-led-build-team-mississippi-faith-2001)

In our backyard..sorry

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-20-2016, 10:19 PM
here is the rest in case you dont have a subscription....it is the most interesting part...

Buford's past students include Starkville High School alums A.J. Brown and Max Bartlett, former Mississippi State signees Delvin Zinn of Pontotoc and Corey Dickerson of Meridian Community College, Ole Miss pitcher David Goforth and others.
Most notably, Buford remembers a young 15-year-old boy that he worked with in the early stages of his career. This boy took the fast track to the MLB and become one of the fastest players in America. It all started under Team Mississippi's watch.
We found Billy Hamilton in Taylorsville several years ago, Buford said. I invited him to come work out at East Webster of all places. He came up there, showed out and he would eventually blow up.
Through the 12 years of working as a scout and his time as a student manager with Ole Miss and eventually Director of Camps for Mike Bianco, Buford said he's been blessed to come in contact with so many people.
That's helped the work he's done with Team Mississippi hit the next level as they've now grown to the point where he needs help. Buford hired Andy Tentoni as the company's Director of Operations for the unit and Brannon Armstrong is the new Director of Team Management and Player Development.
With Buford's duties increasing with the church, he said he's still keeping a watchful eye on his upstart program that has now garnered so much success. It?s become so successful that they've expanded into softball in the coming fall and are dropping down to 8-year-olds and up for baseball.
We've been blessed to have everything really grow for us, Buford said. We're trying to offer an organization and service to players, to encourage them, build them up and put them in a positive Gospel atmosphere.
The success of the program has shown Buford that his faith is working. He's hoping for more success for his program and for the players involved in it along the way. Results for the young kids are the reason he does what he does.
It all comes down to God really blessing the players and the families, Buford said. This is a great opportunity for us to share the Gospel with players and their families. There are players that have come through that the average person never heard of that surrendered full-time as a missionary. It is a tremendous opportunity to disciple players.
If there is any interest in the program, Buford encourages readers to check out www.teammississippi.net for more information.
There is also an opportunity for prospective athletes to take part in an open tryout for the travel team on August 4. The tryout will take place at Starkville Academy at 5 p.m. for athletes 14-18 years of age.

Boston
07-20-2016, 10:25 PM
I think you're a little off on this one.

dawgoneyall
07-20-2016, 10:28 PM

Why?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-20-2016, 10:29 PM

Sounds kind of fishy that this guy did baseball camps for Bianco and uses the religion angle...much like crooked Freeze but please...explain.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Andy Tentoni is a BIG MSU guy.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Andy Tentoni is a BIG MSU guy.

Ok. On the surface you can see where this raised my eye brows when I read it. ha

Boston
07-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Because I know several of the guts that run this organization and they are all stand up guys. These guys are actual Christians trying to help kids around this area. They aren't using Christianity as a facade like that buck tooth **********.

Okrastar1
07-20-2016, 10:59 PM
I personally know Josh and although an ole miss fan, he truly is an upstanding Christian who just wants to see these small town kids make it big. This is WAAAYYY off base.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 11:23 PM
I personally know Josh and although an ole miss fan, he truly is an upstanding Christian who just wants to see these small town kids make it big. This is WAAAYYY off base.

This is one reason why I do not like how Freeze uses religion. He makes the Ole Miss fans that are legit Christians look bad.

notsofarawaydawg
07-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Guess who attends Meadowview Baptist Church??????? The driver himself .. D. Carlisle

cheewgumm
07-21-2016, 12:14 AM
Religious Recruiting...sigh