PDA

View Full Version : Should Big Dawg Camp be extended to sophomores as well?

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 09:47 PM
As I said during the Robert Washington recruitment and de-commitment fiasco and was for some reason criticized for it- college football recruiting is getting younger and younger. Therefore to be ahead of the curve we need to look at players sooner and sooner- which was why I applauded taking Washington's commitment in the first place and wasn't really concerned with whether he followed through on it or not.

Well here we are in 2016 now and we have some rising sophomores that we are looking at and will be in attendance at Big Dawg Camp this year- Dominic Eiland from Philadelphia, and then a player from Northwest Rakin named Jarrian Jones will be in attendance. There is a DL prospect from Louisville, MS in that class that could very well be there as well but we'll see as the week progresses.

My guess is as time goes along we will ultimately start to see rising freshmen participate as well.

Anyway, I was a little surprised to learn from twitter that the only players that actually got to participate in drills were rising juniors, seniors, and JUCO players. To be ahead of the curve we should probably start to add sophomores to the list as well IMO.

Johnson85
07-21-2016, 12:30 PM
As I said during the Robert Washington recruitment and de-commitment fiasco and was for some reason criticized for it- college football recruiting is getting younger and younger. Therefore to be ahead of the curve we need to look at players sooner and sooner- which was why I applauded taking Washington's commitment in the first place and wasn't really concerned with whether he followed through on it or not.

Well here we are in 2016 now and we have some rising sophomores that we are looking at and will be in attendance at Big Dawg Camp this year- Dominic Eiland from Philadelphia, and then a player from Northwest Rakin named Jarrian Jones will be in attendance. There is a DL prospect from Louisville, MS in that class that could very well be there as well but we'll see as the week progresses.

My guess is as time goes along we will ultimately start to see rising freshmen participate as well.

Anyway, I was a little surprised to learn from twitter that the only players that actually got to participate in drills were rising juniors, seniors, and JUCO players. To be ahead of the curve we should probably start to add sophomores to the list as well IMO.

I thought you couldn't actually do invite camps for anyone younger than rising juniors?