PDA

View Full Version : Newest on Freezus

I seen it dawg
07-20-2016, 04:46 PM
From Dodd on a sports talk radio show today said...an NCAA suspension for Freeze is definitely in play. He'd be the first coach suspended under the new rules.

Better start looking for some Haiti tickets for himself...

Goldendawg
07-20-2016, 04:50 PM
How so? This would hurt his image, his self-esteem, and good name for a few "mistakes" that he "could not control outside our building".

MadDawg
07-20-2016, 04:56 PM
How long before the rebnecks start a "Free Freezus" campaign?

Reason2succeed
07-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Newest on Freezus? I heard Freezus walked on water and fed a few recruits and boosters breakfast with two catfish and five loaves of bread.

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2016, 05:06 PM
From Dodd on a sports talk radio show today said...an NCAA suspension for Freeze is definitely in play. He'd be the first coach suspended under the new rules.

So it appears he'll escape the show cause even though he was busted in a recruit's home with a booster?

Fred Garvin
07-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Newest on Freezus? I heard Freezus walked on water and fed a few recruits and boosters breakfast with two catfish and five hushpuppies.

Fixed that for you

ILOATHEBears
07-20-2016, 05:32 PM
So it appears he'll escape the show cause even though he was busted in a recruit's home with a booster?

That would make him and nmu the luckiest program in history. He and his coaches are directly tied to rules violations that according to the NCAAs own rules are show cause worthy

TXDawg
07-20-2016, 05:34 PM

What's the difference between a suspension and a show cause?

I seen it dawg
07-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Think they mean along with all the other shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/sportstalkwbo/status/755849565320810496

missouridawg
07-20-2016, 05:52 PM

Suspension means you sit out for a bit.

Show cause means you lose your job for that period of time.

Essentially, one is temporary and one is permanent. You would be crazy to hire a coach again after the show cause ends.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-20-2016, 05:55 PM
I have always pondered whether or not this could happen while everything was in limbo considering so many Level 1's were under his watch.

DancingRabbit
07-20-2016, 05:55 PM

I think it's referred to as a suspension if the term is less than 1 year.

missouridawg
07-20-2016, 05:58 PM
I think it's referred to as a suspension if the term is less than 1 year.

It would be pretty disappointing to see him get suspended. After seeing the recent show causes for Pearl and Tyndall, Hugh has made similar infractions and knowingly broke rules to do so. If he was caught lying in the Tunsil thing, he deserves the exact penalty that Pearl got for lying.

Bothrops
07-20-2016, 05:59 PM
I fully expect them to receive substantial punishment, that will last at least, 2 or 3 years. Plus, penalties added for every blatant lie that was made in the public eye.

I seen it dawg
07-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Do you guys realize how ****ing embarrassing it would be for him to be suspended? He would be a national joke

Dawgowar
07-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Dowd is talking out his ass. He can't report on anything that hasn't been discussed. The COI committee has yet to be selected. None of the names on the master list have been designated to chair it yet. Go to the NCAA site and look at the smaller schools and smaller sports who got show causes. Far less was done by them and they got show causes. UNM's staff signed documents stating they knew the rules. They met with recruits with boosters present. They paid benefits according to one of their own players. They can't give Freeze a Pass and stay plausible with their new system.

Tripp McNeely
07-20-2016, 06:07 PM
It would be pretty disappointing to see him get suspended. After seeing the recent show causes for Pearl and Tyndall, Hugh has made similar infractions and knowingly broke rules to do so. If he was caught lying in the Tunsil thing, he deserves the exact penalty that Pearl got for lying.

Don't forget Chip Kelley...Dodd is being conservative in his prediction

PassInterference
07-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Show causes for a few assistants and a suspension for Freeze. Good luck with replacement assistants and no head coach.

msstate7
07-20-2016, 06:11 PM
When a coach is suspended, can he participate in practice? I don't think so. So, if freeze is suspended in the offseason next year before game 1, can he participate in preseason practices?

RocketDawg
07-20-2016, 06:47 PM
If Freeze is just suspended for cheating, shouldn't the university go ahead and fire him because of it? I'm sure they want a clean program and will punish violators accordingly.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 07:11 PM
If Freeze is just suspended for cheating, shouldn't the university go ahead and fire him because of it? I'm sure they want a clean program and will punish violators accordingly.

It's complicated and I think what they do will be based on how they do next season. If they have a bad year, they'll throw Freeze's ass under the bus like they did Houston Nutt when he started losing.

Either way I think he is screwed because he will either continue to do well but probably get a show cause or he will lose and get run over by the Rebel bus. If he somehow makes it through unscathed I think he basically becomes the NCAA's next Jackie Sherrill as public enemy number one and the NCAA will just stay around until they nail him. After all of this is said and done I don't think it would take much for that to happen because of the repeat violator rules in place.

If I were Freeze, I would just try to ride it out until the blade falls and then get the rogue boosters to take care of me for the rest of my days. Maybe go coach at Mississippi College or somewhere like that if I just really loved coaching.

Turfdawg67
07-20-2016, 07:12 PM

They won't because they'll martyr him and the narrative will be "self reported", "less than $15K in benefits", "rogue boosters" etc... AND the Network will keep chugging along. AND if all that happens, I'm ready to start "donating" to the MSU cause...

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Show causes for a few assistants and a suspension for Freeze. Good luck with replacement assistants and no head coach.

I think that's one reason why they are trying to protect the current staff. The only people that are likely willing to go there while this mess is going on are ex-Ole Miss players and South Panola assistant coaches. No assistant coach with a brain is going to want to go there while all of this going on because they are either going to get caught up in all of this crap or they are going to be looking for a new job because of coaching turnover in a year.

gravedigger
07-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Of course. So what. Show cause means ole miss rejected penalties. Suspension means they are negotiating.

End of the day, they are screwed.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 07:20 PM
They won't because they'll martyr him and the narrative will be "self reported", "less than $15K in benefits", "rogue boosters" etc... AND the Network will keep chugging along. AND if all that happens, I'm ready to start "donating" to the MSU cause...

You're right. I remember back in 1994 after they were on probation they never stopped cheating. In fact, one thing that they did is they just found a lot of Ole Miss legacies like Matt Luke to "walk on" and they had boosters paying for everything under the table which helped soften the lack of scholarship blow.

They'll probably keep cheating again but keep it more local like they did when they were on probation and still landed Rufus French, Deuce, Romaro Miller, and Terrance Metcalf. So, we have to be ready for that because I don't think the NCAA is going to care about Ole Miss as long as they keep their cheating local.

That's one big reason why they are about to get burned. They got away with local cheating but then they decided to take it national and mess with people like Bama, Georgia, and Texas and now they are going to have to pay the piper.

gravedigger
07-20-2016, 07:24 PM
I say O.M. be given a choice to do one of two things:

Choose show cause for Freeze and others or take more severe penalties.

Blow your own brains out or we will.

Let us know.

Sincerely

NCAA

DawgHouseUnited
07-20-2016, 07:26 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/XOywjQnU8R89q/giphy.gif

Spiderman
07-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Newest on Freezus? I heard Freezus walked on water and fed a few recruits and boosters breakfast with two catfish and five loaves of bread.

Tweeting about cursing cancer at Blair Batson. Please God, let that be legit and not a PR move.

But it just looks so iffy with him because every time there is bad news, he does something then makes sure to tweet about it.

Go back and look, 9 out of 10 times when he tweets a "message" bad news soon follows.

Again, Please let that not be the case about the kids hospital.

Reason2succeed
07-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Tweeting about cursing cancer at Blair Batson. Please God, let that be legit and not a PR move.

But it just looks so iffy with him because every time there is bad news, he does something then makes sure to tweet about it.

Go back and look, 9 out of 10 times when he tweets a "message" bad news soon follows.

I was trying to figure out what you were talking about so I took a page out of Hugh Freeze's book and searched "Hugh Freeze" on Twitter and there it is. He cursed cancer. That dude is bonkers.

https://twitter.com/coachhughfreeze/status/755850168881311744

HailState39110
07-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Here is the Dennis Dodd interview where he discusses the Freeze suspension

https://www.google.com/amp/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/audio-cbs-sports-columnist-explains-ncaa-suspend-hugh-freeze-2016/amp/?client=safari#

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2016, 08:13 PM

For an ex girl's basketball coach, he certainly lacks "court awareness". He must be so insulated in the Oxford bubble that he simply doesn't get it.

I think he is a terribly conflicted person. I believe he got the job at Ole Miss because they knew he'd go along with whatever the Network wanted, but I also think there's a part of him that may feel uncomfortable with it.

He may be the guy that cheats on his wife, feels guilty, and sucks up to his wife as much as possible so she won't think otherwise. However, he can't stop cheating on her because the mistress will taddle on him if he stops.

Reason2succeed
07-20-2016, 08:51 PM
He may be the guy that cheats on his wife, feels guilty, and sucks up to his wife as much as possible so she won't think otherwise. However, he can't stop cheating on her because the mistress will taddle on him if he stops.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

DeviousDawg
07-20-2016, 08:57 PM
1. Dodd didn't get this info from Ole Miss. It came from the NCAA. If the NCAA is leaking stuff like this, they are obviously trying to soften the blow when Freeze is suspended, or even receives a show cause. It will come down to how the COI feels about Freeze's involvement. Nothing has been decided, and if anyone tells you that something has been, they are lying.

2. According to the new NCAA head coach accountability rule, Freeze would receive some type of suspension even if his name had never been listed in the NCAA. This is based on the fact that he had 4 current assistant coaches listed in the NOA. That's 4 of his 9 assistant coaches or 44%. Maurice Harris was listed 19 times, Chris Kiffin 6 times and Derrick Nix and Matt Luke were listed once each. That means that Freeze had an assistant coach listed in a NCAA Notice of Allegations 27 times. That's damming stuff.

3. Couple the fact that he had assistant coaches listed 27 times in the NOA with the fact that Freeze himself was listed 6 times and Freeze finds himself on the boarder line of suspension and show cause. The 6 times Freeze was listed aren't pretty either, and all involve disassociated booster Walter Hughes. Once Freeze went to an in home visit with Maurice Harris and Hughes. Once Hughes notified Freeze that a recruit he was transporting had arrived in Oxford, and 4 times Freezes residence was listed when Hughes was attending a breakfast with coaches and recruits on an official visit weekend, the Tunsil, Treadwell, and Nkemdiche OV weekend.

4. With all that said, if a second NOA drops and Freezes name is even listed once, you can bet the house that a Show Cause is in store for Freeze.

coastdoglover
07-20-2016, 09:08 PM
You're right. I remember back in 1994 after they were on probation they never stopped cheating. In fact, one thing that they did is they just found a lot of Ole Miss legacies like Matt Luke to "walk on" and they had boosters paying for everything under the table which helped soften the lack of scholarship blow.

They'll probably keep cheating again but keep it more local like they did when they were on probation and still landed Rufus French, Deuce, Romaro Miller, and Terrance Metcalf. So, we have to be ready for that because I don't think the NCAA is going to care about Ole Miss as long as they keep their cheating local.

That's one big reason why they are about to get burned. They got away with local cheating but then they decided to take it national and mess with people like Bama, Georgia, and Texas and now they are going to have to pay the piper.

You nailed it Todd. They don't know how not to cheat and the network is still in action as we speak.

Chip
07-20-2016, 09:12 PM
1. Dodd didn't get this info from Ole Miss. It came from the NCAA. If the NCAA is leaking stuff like this, they are obviously trying to soften the blow when Freeze is suspended, or even receives a show cause. It will come down to how the COI feels about Freeze's involvement. Nothing has been decided, and if anyone tells you that something has been, they are lying.

2. According the new NCAA head coach accountability rule, Freeze would receive some type of suspension even if his name had never been listed in the NCAA. This is based on the fact that he had 4 current assistant coaches listed in the NOA. That's 4 of his 9 assistant coaches or 44%. Maurice Harris was listed 19 times, Chris Kiffin 6 times and Derrick Nix and Matt Luke were listed once each. That means that Freeze had an assistant coach listed in a NCAA Notice of Allegations 27 times. That's damming stuff.

3. Couple the fact that that he had assistant coaches listed 27 times in the NOA with the fact that Freeze himself was listed 6 times and Freeze finds himself on the boarder line of suspension and show cause. The 6 times Freeze was listed aren't pretty either, and all involve disassociated booster Walter Hughes. Once Freeze went to an in home visit with Maurice Harris and Hughes. Once Hughes notified Freeze that a recruit he was transporting had arrived in Oxford, and 4 times Freezes residence was listed when Hughes was attending a breakfast with coaches and recruits on an official visit weekend, the Tunsil, Treadwell, and Nkemdiche OV weekend.

4. With all that said, if a second NOA drops and Freezes name is even listed once, you can bet the house that a Show Cause is in store for Freeze.

Agree

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 09:28 PM
For an ex girl's basketball coach, he certainly lacks "court awareness". He must be so insulated in the Oxford bubble that he simply doesn't get it.

I think he is a terribly conflicted person. I believe he got the job at Ole Miss because they knew he'd go along with whatever the Network wanted, but I also think there's a part of him that may feel uncomfortable with it.

I think Freeze is delusional. By that I mean I really think on some level that he truly believes that all of their good fortune is because God wanted it to happen because he is a "good Chrsitian" and I think he also believes that he is a really good football coach. He doesn't understand the reality is all of this happened not because God "wanted it to happen to him because he is good or in his words "showed favor" but because they are cheating out the wazoo and he's basically a glorified high school coach with a team of mercenaries that were bought and paid for that anyone with even remedial football knowledge would have won with.

My guess is he justifies it to himself by saying that everyone else cheats on our level too- therefore it's not cheating and they are choosing Ole Miss because of him and his faith based football and the fact that Oxford is a "nice town". Again the reality is while I'm sure the Alabama's and Georgia's are not totally on the up and up either I doubt that they go to the same level that Ole Miss goes with their cheating or they just simply keep it local. Because if Alabama and Georgia were cheating at the same level Ole Miss is those players would have chosen Alabama and Georgia and not Ole Miss. Especially someone like Tunsil who grew up pulling for and leaning towards Georgia for years. If Georgia boosters had given him and his family a house no question he goes to Georgia.

When the reality hits him I think it's going to crush him.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 09:29 PM

2. According to the new NCAA head coach accountability rule, Freeze would receive some type of suspension even if his name had never been listed in the NCAA. This is based on the fact that he had 4 current assistant coaches listed in the NOA. That's 4 of his 9 assistant coaches or 44%. Maurice Harris was listed 19 times, Chris Kiffin 6 times and Derrick Nix and Matt Luke were listed once each. That means that Freeze had an assistant coach listed in a NCAA Notice of Allegations 27 times. That's damming stuff.

3. Couple the fact that he had assistant coaches listed 27 times in the NOA with the fact that Freeze himself was listed 6 times and Freeze finds himself on the boarder line of suspension and show cause. The 6 times Freeze was listed aren't pretty either, and all involve disassociated booster Walter Hughes. Once Freeze went to an in home visit with Maurice Harris and Hughes. Once Hughes notified Freeze that a recruit he was transporting had arrived in Oxford, and 4 times Freezes residence was listed when Hughes was attending a breakfast with coaches and recruits on an official visit weekend, the Tunsil, Treadwell, and Nkemdiche OV weekend.

Soften the blow for who? Ole Miss and Freeze?

archdog
07-20-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't forget the falsification of ACT scores that has been discussed at length.

DeviousDawg
07-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Soften the blow for who? Ole Miss and Freeze?

The rest of the sporting world that is being lied to by Ole Miss. The Ole Miss narrative has been that Freeze is safe, nothing to see here. That's simply just not true. Freeze is not only fighting for his reputation, but his job too. This isn't the first time the NCAA has leaked something either. The NCAA sees Ole Miss downplaying and lying to anyone and everyone that will listen. They can't do anything about it publicly, but they can leak info to set the record straight.

Ole Miss and Freeze are well aware of what's at stake. They just won't admit it, not even themselves. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Bodaski
07-20-2016, 09:49 PM
I'll bet as late as a week or week and a half ago the NCAA was still interviewing people. They are nowhere near through with their investigation. Book it Dano! Concerning Freeze, I honestly think he believes in his mind he has done nothing wrong. Some people lie so much they start to actually believe their own lies. He seems to me that is where he is. He has gotten caught doing exactly what he was hired to do. There is no other sensible reason for him to have been hired with his past college experience, none. And he knew the inter workings of the network from being there under Orgeron and working in the recruiting office his 1st year at OM, before being an on the field coach.

Schultzy
07-20-2016, 09:56 PM
It is not an either/or situation. You can get a show cause without a suspension. Getting a suspension is at least adding insult to injury.

EditWatch this page
Show-cause penalty
In the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a show-cause penalty is an administrative punishment ordering (for a limited time) that any NCAA penalties imposed on a coach found to have committed major rules violations will stay in effect against that coach for a specified period of time -- and could also be transferred to any other NCAA-member school that hires the coach while the sanctions are still in effect. Both the school and coach are required to send letters to the NCAA agreeing to abide by any restrictions imposed, and, report back to the NCAA every 6 months, until either the end of the coach's employment or the show-cause penalty (whichever comes first). If the school wishes to avoid the NCAA penalties imposed on that coach, the college must send representatives to appear before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, and "show cause" (i.e., prove the existence of good reason) as to why it should not be penalized for hiring that coach.[1] The penalty is intended to prevent a coach from escaping violations that he/she had a role in committing or allowing -- which are generally applied to the school (e.g., lost scholarships, forfeited wins) -- by merely resigning and taking a coaching job at another, un-penalized school. It is currently the most severe penalty that can be brought against an American collegiate coach.

Contrary to popular belief, an NCAA member school is allowed to hire a coach who is under an ongoing show-cause order. However, the show-cause restrictions make it prohibitively difficult for a coach with a show-cause order to get another collegiate job. As mentioned above, any school that hires a coach with an outstanding show-cause order can be penalized merely for hiring him. Additionally, that school could be severely punished if such a coach commits additional violations while the show-cause order is still in effect.[2] Consequently, most schools will not even consider hiring a coach with a show-cause penalty in effect, meaning that it usually has the effect of blackballing that coach from the collegiate ranks for the duration of the penalty. Many coaches who receive a show-cause penalty never coach again, even after the penalty expires, since a large number of athletic directors and university presidents are unwilling to hire someone with a history of major violations.[3]

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 10:05 PM
The rest of the sporting world that is being lied to by Ole Miss. The Ole Miss narrative has been that Freeze is safe, nothing to see here. That's simply just not true. Freeze is not only fighting for his reputation, but his job too. This isn't the first time the NCAA has leaked something either. The NCAA sees Ole Miss downplaying and lying to anyone and everyone that will listen. They can't do anything about it publicly, but they can leak info to set the record straight.

Ole Miss and Freeze are well aware of what's at stake. They just won't admit it, not even themselves. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Makes sense.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 10:07 PM
It is not an either/or situation. You can get a show cause without a suspension. Getting a suspension is at least adding insult to injury.

EditWatch this page
Show-cause penalty
In the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a show-cause penalty is an administrative punishment ordering (for a limited time) that any NCAA penalties imposed on a coach found to have committed major rules violations will stay in effect against that coach for a specified period of time -- and could also be transferred to any other NCAA-member school that hires the coach while the sanctions are still in effect. Both the school and coach are required to send letters to the NCAA agreeing to abide by any restrictions imposed, and, report back to the NCAA every 6 months, until either the end of the coach's employment or the show-cause penalty (whichever comes first). If the school wishes to avoid the NCAA penalties imposed on that coach, the college must send representatives to appear before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, and "show cause" (i.e., prove the existence of good reason) as to why it should not be penalized for hiring that coach.[1] The penalty is intended to prevent a coach from escaping violations that he/she had a role in committing or allowing -- which are generally applied to the school (e.g., lost scholarships, forfeited wins) -- by merely resigning and taking a coaching job at another, un-penalized school. It is currently the most severe penalty that can be brought against an American collegiate coach.

Contrary to popular belief, an NCAA member school is allowed to hire a coach who is under an ongoing show-cause order. However, the show-cause restrictions make it prohibitively difficult for a coach with a show-cause order to get another collegiate job. As mentioned above, any school that hires a coach with an outstanding show-cause order can be penalized merely for hiring him. Additionally, that school could be severely punished if such a coach commits additional violations while the show-cause order is still in effect.[2] Consequently, most schools will not even consider hiring a coach with a show-cause penalty in effect, meaning that it usually has the effect of blackballing that coach from the collegiate ranks for the duration of the penalty. Many coaches who receive a show-cause penalty never coach again, even after the penalty expires, since a large number of athletic directors and university presidents are unwilling to hire someone with a history of major violations.[3]

Angelo Mirando is just now getting back into football with Eastern Kentucky as an assistant and David Saunders has been barred to Mississippi JUCO ball as examples.

DeviousDawg
07-20-2016, 10:11 PM
If the school wishes to avoid the NCAA penalties imposed on that coach, the college must send representatives to appear before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, and "show cause" (i.e., prove the existence of good reason) as to why it should not be penalized for hiring that coach.[1] The penalty is intended to prevent a coach from escaping violations that he/she had a role in committing or allowing -- which are generally applied to the school (e.g., lost scholarships, forfeited wins) -- by merely resigning and taking a coaching job at another, un-penalized school. It is currently the most severe penalty

Key word: Allow

In the COI's eyes, a Head Coach allowing a violation is just as bad as a Head Coach committing a violation.

Schultzy
07-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Angelo Mirando is just now getting back into football with Eastern Kentucky as an assistant and David Saunders has been barred to Mississippi JUCO ball as examples.

I didn't know Saunders had been barred from coaching Mississippi CC football and its hard to get barred from that. Very interesting.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 10:20 PM
I didn't know Saunders had been barred from coaching Mississippi CC football and its hard to get barred from that. Very interesting.

No- I meant barred from coaching D-I football and is therefore regulated to only being able to coach in Mississippi CC football. Although I think Pearl River CC was considering letting him go because of the ULL stuff but I'm not sure what happened with all of that. But he is still eligible to coach JUCO ball.

Schultzy
07-20-2016, 10:23 PM
Key word: Allow

In the COI's eyes, a Head Coach allowing a violation is just as bad as a Head Coach committing a violation.

Yeah, people just don't understand how screwed they are with these dozens of level one violations that are captioned under the eight level one's. That's why the AL.com guy opined that he doesn't think Danny Hugh will ultimately survive this.

mic
07-20-2016, 10:27 PM
If they get hit for 25 or more and a couple years bowl ban it won't matter if Freeze gets show clause or not he will get the **** out of dodge ASAP..

Political Hack
07-20-2016, 10:37 PM
If they get hit for 25 or more and a couple years bowl ban it won't matter if Freeze gets show clause or not he will get the **** out of dodge ASAP..

Yep. Nobody survives that. If he brought that kind of scrutiny on their program and they don't take action to fire him, the NCAA will consider the school complicit with his actions and they will never leave Oxford again. Hell, they may as well set up a satellite office there. They're pushing close towards half a decade with the NCAA on campus.

DancingRabbit
07-20-2016, 10:47 PM

Was about to post the same thing. I'm fine with Hugh getting a 4-6 game suspension as long as they get lose 25+ schollies, 2 year bowl ban and get the last 2 years' wins vacated, plus get show causes for 2-4 assistants.

Schultzy
07-20-2016, 10:55 PM
The assistants up there are already contacting old friends for new jobs after next season. And their buddies in the industry understand why.

Political Hack
07-20-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure why anyone ever thought he was somehow above a show cause.

DeviousDawg
07-20-2016, 11:03 PM

If that happens he might as well stay in Dodge. If he loses his job at Ole Miss you will never see him coach a snap of D1 football again.

Ever wonder why Freeze has had the best assistant coach retention rate in the history of College Football? Because no one wants a part of whats been going on in Oxford for the better part of a decade. Texas and ULL learned their lesson. If you dig deep enough, you will find dirt under every one of OM's assistants fingernails.

Ill give it to OM, they have lied about everything except for one thing, they are indeed #ALLIN. It's funny that their own slogan epitimizes everything that they are about to a T. However, when you go all in, there are two possible outcomes, win big or lose everything. OM is all in on a bluff, and the NCAA is holding a cripling river in their hand, taunting Ole Miss before dealing the final blow.

Go hard or go home, I suppose.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2016, 11:16 PM
If that happens he might as well stay in Dodge. If he loses his job at Ole Miss you will never see him coach a snap of D1 football again.

Ever wonder why Freeze has had the best assistant coach retention rate in the history of College Football? Because no one wants a part of whats been going on in Oxford for the better part of a decade. Texas and ULL learned their lesson. If you dig deep enough, you will find dirt under every one of OM's assistants fingernails.

Ill give it to OM, they have lied about everything except for one thing, they are indeed #ALLIN. It's funny that their own slogan epitimizes everything that they are about to a T. However, when you go all in, there are two possible outcomes, win big or lose everything. OM is all in on a bluff, and the NCAA is holding a cripling river in their hand, taunting Ole Miss before dealing the final blow.

Strong....

It's always been interesting how none of their assistants leave.

Devious, what's your best guess on Ole Miss' sanctions?

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 11:27 PM

I can't see anyone hiring Freeze after all of this even if he didn't get a show cause.

Schultzy
07-20-2016, 11:31 PM
After the texts surfaced on draft night no assistants could possibly leave because that's an admission of guilt. Firing anyone inside the building (and they are confident about how they handle things inside the building) puts the HC in an impossible position.

Todd4State
07-20-2016, 11:32 PM
Strong....

It's not too surprising because they have to have assistants that are going to be willing to go along with their cheating and what their main boosters want. I would imagine most coaches wouldn't want to do that so their pool is limited to guys that they have connections to like Matt Luke, Maurice Harris, Freeze, guys that have really questionable back grounds like Chris Kiffen, or guys that are basically at the end of their careers like Dan Werner and Dave Wommack. Most coaches probably don't want their ceiling to be coaching at Ole Miss. It would be like me taking an upper level management job at Enron after the whistle blew.

JoseBrown
07-21-2016, 12:40 AM

They made a deal with the devil, kinda ironic, what-with Freeze and all. Too bad for them it didn't get them to Atlanta before the devil came calling...haha.. It's gonna be fun watching them go down.

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 02:55 AM
Strong....

When you really look into the NOA and compare it to previous NCAA investigations, Ole Miss's self imposed sanctions are a joke. The actual sanctions should atleast double the self imposed sanctions.

When looking through the NOA, it really breaks into 4 parts, the Tunsil stuff (allegations 1-4), the Kiffin stuff (alegations 5-7), the Walter Hughes stuff (allegation 8) and the ACT stuff (allegations 10-13). Allegation 9 was a BS level III violation involving recruiting videos. The fairest way to estimate OM's sanctions would be to treat each of the 4 parts as separate investigations and add the results from each.

Part 1: Tunsil

We can compare Tunsil's allegations to our own with Redmond. We gave Redmond a $2500 discount on a vehicle. We got 4 schollies over 2 years and 2 year probation, Mirando recieved a 1 year show cause. It should also be considered that we self reported all of this and cooperately fully with the NCAA who accepted our self imposed sanctions

Ole Miss is accused of giving Tunsil $7,495 worth of free car loans in allegation #1. Allegation #2 is really just an extension of #1, it says that after Tunsil was caught using free cars, he did it again, and Ole Miss failed to monitor whether he was continuing to do it. This isn't good for them because while #2 is only a level II violation, it will most certainly make #1 become an aggravated Level I violation. Allegation #3 is a booster giving Miller $800. #4 involves free lodging and stuff for tunsils family worth $2,253. So that's a total of $10,548 worth of inducements to Tunsil and fam as well as a failure to monitor.

When compared to our 4 schollies and 2 years of probation, OM's allegations 1-4 should be worth atleast double but probably triple what we got for Redmonds stuff.

Conservative guess for allegations 1-4:

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

Part 2: Kiffin

These allegations aren't too serious. There were 2 level III allegations, one for talking to a recruit during spring evaluation period, one for letting a recruit stay at his house. There was also one level II allegation which involved Kiffin setting up lodging, transportation and meals for family friends of a recruit, the monitary total of the inducements was worth $1027.

Conservative guess for allegation 5-7:

1-2 scholarships
possible 1 year show cause for Kiffin but most likely a suspension of some sort.

Part 3: Walter Hughes

This one could go so many different ways. There are 16 sub violations in the Level I allegation #8. All involve Walter Hughes and recruiting inducements. Three assistant coaches (Harris, Kiffin, and Matt Luke) and Hugh Freeze are listed in this allegation. All are said to have been contacted by Hughes while knowingly committing NCAA recruiting violations. So throw ignorance on OM's part of the window for this violation, which is never good.

The total monitary value for allegation #8 was $2,250. It involved 4 current coaches, 3 recruits and one booster. If we got 4 scholarships for $2,500 worth of inducements to Redmond, involving 1 coach, 1 recruit and 1 booster with exemplary cooperation on our part, then you would have to put the lowest amount of scholarships docked for this allegation at 4.

Conservative guess for allegation 8:

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation
2 year show cause for Maurice Harris

Part 4: ACT scandal

Let's compare this to ULL's case, they are actually very similar. ULL had 4 level I violations, so did OM. The first one for each schools was about fixing ACT scores. ULL's involved one coach and 6 recruits. OM's involved 3 coaches and 3 recruits, one of which is still on staff in Derrick Nix, who put the recruits families in contact with Saunders and the Crager(sp?) lady to recieve free lodging, transportation and meals, similiar to Mirando's case. The second allegations for both schools involved improper inducements to recruits. ULL's was worth $6,500 while OM's was worth $1650. The last 2 allegations for both schools involved coaches lying to the NCAA during investigations, just Saunders for ULL; Saunders and Vaughn for OM.

The NCAA stated that ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties for their violations(11 scholarships over 3 years and 2 years of probation) because the University was unaware of Saunders actions and acted swiftly to fire him and self report as well as cooperate fully with the NCAA. Well, Ole Miss can't really say the same because Nix is STILL ON STAFF. There's a reason Ole Miss is fighting Nix's involvement, but they aren't going to win it. All of this leads me to believe that, if ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties that OM would atleast have to get 11 schollies for the ACT allegations.

Conservative guess for allegations 10-13:

11-14 scholarships
1-2 year show cause for Nix
8 year show cause for Vaughn
1 year bowl ban

Adding all 4 parts together for a final estimate:

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban
Show Causes for: Nix and Harris
Suspensions for: Kiffin, Freeze, and Matt Luke

Seems harsh, but when you really break it down into it's components I think that is a well educated and fair estimate.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-21-2016, 05:59 AM
Harris and Freeze are the 2 that have been at it the longest. They started out at ole miss and Harris has followed him ever since. After over 10 years in the business there's no excuse for them making "mistakes". Also, disassociating with 8 boosters is not an isolated incident, that is a network.

I seen it dawg
07-21-2016, 06:29 AM
Guess Freeze should have taken the Florida job when he could....oh wait....

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 07:32 AM
When you really look into the NOA and compare it to previous NCAA investigations, Ole Miss's self imposed sanctions are a joke. The actual sanctions should atleast double the self imposed sanctions.

When looking through the NOA, it really breaks into 4 parts, the Tunsil stuff (allegations 1-4), the Kiffin stuff (alegations 5-7), the Walter Hughes stuff (allegation 8) and the ACT stuff (allegations 10-13). Allegation 9 was a BS level III violation involving recruiting videos. The fairest way to estimate OM's sanctions would be to treat each of the 4 parts as separate investigations and add the results from each.

We can compare Tunsil's allegations to our own with Redmond. We gave Redmond a $2500 discount on a vehicle. We got 4 schollies over 2 years and 2 year probation, Mirando recieved a 1 year show cause. It should also be considered that we self reported all of this and cooperately fully with the NCAA who accepted our self imposed sanctions

Ole Miss is accused of giving Tunsil $7,495 worth of free car loans in allegation #1. Allegation #2 is really just an extension of #1, it says that after Tunsil was caught using free cars, he did it again, and Ole Miss failed to monitor whether he was continuing to do it. This isn't good for them because while #2 is only a level II violation, it will most certainly make #1 become an aggravated Level I violation. Allegation #3 is a booster giving Miller $800. #4 involves free lodging and stuff for tunsils family worth $2,253. So that's a total of $10,548 worth of inducements to Tunsil and fam as well as a failure to monitor.

When compared to our 4 schollies and 2 years of probation, OM's allegations 1-4 should be worth atleast double but probably triple what we got for Redmonds stuff.

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

These allegations aren't too serious. There were 2 level III allegations, one for talking to a recruit during spring evaluation period, one for letting a recruit stay at his house. There was also one level II allegation which involved Kiffin setting up lodging, transportation and meals for family friends of a recruit, the monitary total of the inducements was worth $1027.

1-2 scholarships
possible 1 year show cause for Kiffin but most likely a suspension of some sort.

This one could go so many different ways. There are 16 sub violations in the Level I allegation #8. All involve Walter Hughes and recruiting inducements. Three assistant coaches (Harris, Kiffin, and Matt Luke) and Hugh Freeze are listed in this allegation. All are said to have been contacted by Hughes while knowingly committing NCAA recruiting violations. So throw ignorance on OM's part of the window for this violation, which is never good.

The total monitary value for allegation #8 was $2,250. It involved 4 current coaches, 3 recruits and one booster. If we got 4 scholarships for $2,500 worth of inducements to Redmond, involving 1 coach, 1 recruit and 1 booster with exemplary cooperation on our part, then you would have to put the lowest amount of scholarships docked for this allegation at 4.

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation

Let's compare this to ULL's case, they are actually very similar. ULL had 4 level I violations, so did OM. The first one for each schools was about fixing ACT scores. ULL's involved one coach and 6 recruits. OM's involved 3 coaches and 3 recruits, one of which is still on staff in Derrick Nix, who put the recruits families in contact with Saunders and the Crager(sp?) lady to recieve free lodging, transportation and meals, similiar to Mirando's case. The second allegations for both schools involved improper inducements to recruits. ULL's was worth $6,500 while OM's was worth $1650. The last 2 allegations for both schools involved coaches lying to the NCAA during investigations, just Saunders for ULL; Saunders and Vaughn for OM.

The NCAA stated that ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties for their violations(11 scholarships over 3 years and 2 years of probation) because the University was unaware of Saunders actions and acted swiftly to fire him and self report as well as cooperate fully with the NCAA. Well, Ole Miss can't really say the same because Nix is STILL ON STAFF. There's a reason Ole Miss is fighting Nix's involvement, but they aren't going to win it. All of this leads me to believe that, if ULL recieved the lowest possible penalties that OM would atleast have to get 11 schollies for the ACT allegations.

11-14 scholarships
1 year bowl ban

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban

Seems harsh, but when you really break it down into it's components I think that is a well educated and fair estimate.

Wow!!!! Outstanding breakdown.

Will be interesting to see what else the NCAA dogs up in the 2nd NOA.

Do you think a second NOA means Freeze is gone?

msstate7
07-21-2016, 07:37 AM
Is om in danger of lack of institutional control since 3 sports are under investigation?

Chip
07-21-2016, 07:54 AM

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

1-2 scholarships

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation

11-14 scholarships
1 year bowl ban

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban

Best analysis I've read breaking down the allegations/involvement/comparative penalties. Thanks for doing that. Having read nothing more convincing me otherwise, I'd agree with this assessment as the probabilities given the current NOA.

If there are additional allegations, and Freeze is named OR if the allegations are more damning level 1s, I'd think Freeze would be in danger of a show cause himself.

Reason2succeed
07-21-2016, 08:18 AM

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

1-2 scholarships

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation

11-14 scholarships
1 year bowl ban

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban

With the new penalty matrix passed in 2012 it is not a secret what the penalties will be for OM. That's why Dennis Dodd can say confidently that a suspension is on the table.Thats why Wolken and others can say that they believe OM is going to get hit hard.

There is no amount of spinning that OM can do especially when they have already agreed to the fact of 12 out of 13 allegations.

Anything else coming out of Oxford is smoke going up your butt. So those coming here and dumping their fears that OM is going to skate should print this out and tape it to their refrigerator.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Is om in danger of lack of institutional control since 3 sports are under investigation?

I can't see how it's not on the table.

Reason2succeed
07-21-2016, 08:30 AM
I can't see how it's not on the table.

LOIC has to be on the table and Bjork is done. I'm not sure if ADs can get a show cause but if so he will be the first candidate. Also, I didn't see John Miller or Barney Farrar named but they are also in deep trouble.

OM is royally screwed or the NCAA will be disbanded. Period.

BrunswickDawg
07-21-2016, 09:02 AM

4 if there is any truth to the rumors that the current investigation/2nd NOA includes men's basketball. That's a Golden Sombrero of cheating.

spiral
07-21-2016, 09:15 AM

Just this week L. Ron Freezus claimed he had an offer to be a head coach elsewhere. He said: "Had I pursued job offer I had in 2014 he's (Barry Odom) who I wanted to go w/me as DC." How do you say that? What a slap in the face to Wommack who's been there at om for 5 years. Clearly there are some "other" factors pressuring these assistants.

thf24
07-21-2016, 09:33 AM
4 if there is any truth to the rumors that the current investigation/2nd NOA includes men's basketball. That's a Golden Sombrero of cheating.

Yep. If you're cheating hard enough in men's basketball to draw even slight attention, then you've got some beyond serious shit going on.

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 09:36 AM

You misspelled "backpacks of cash"

Reason2succeed
07-21-2016, 09:41 AM
You misspelled "backpacks of cash"

You're right. But you have to give me credit that they had a couple of catfish. One was name Anal Ease.

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2016, 09:57 AM
One was name Anal Ease.

That was Lil Kim's favorite.

TrapGame
07-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Just this week L. Ron Freezus claimed he had an offer to be a head coach elsewhere. He said: "Had I pursued job offer I had in 2014 he's (Barry Odom) who I wanted to go w/me as DC." How do you say that? What a slap in the face to Wommack who's been there at om for 5 years. Clearly there are some "other" factors pressuring these assistants.

Oh, you're getting rep points for that! Excellent!

Liverpooldawg
07-21-2016, 10:14 AM

I don't see how you can define institutionalized cheating as lack of institutional control. It's very much under control.

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 10:33 AM
I think Freeze is delusional. By that I mean I really think on some level that he truly believes that all of their good fortune is because God wanted it to happen because he is a "good Chrsitian" and I think he also believes that he is a really good football coach. He doesn't understand the reality is all of this happened not because God "wanted it to happen to him because he is good or in his words "showed favor" but because they are cheating out the wazoo and he's basically a glorified high school coach with a team of mercenaries that were bought and paid for that anyone with even remedial football knowledge would have won with.

My guess is he justifies it to himself by saying that everyone else cheats on our level too- therefore it's not cheating and they are choosing Ole Miss because of him and his faith based football and the fact that Oxford is a "nice town". Again the reality is while I'm sure the Alabama's and Georgia's are not totally on the up and up either I doubt that they go to the same level that Ole Miss goes with their cheating or they just simply keep it local. Because if Alabama and Georgia were cheating at the same level Ole Miss is those players would have chosen Alabama and Georgia and not Ole Miss. Especially someone like Tunsil who grew up pulling for and leaning towards Georgia for years. If Georgia boosters had given him and his family a house no question he goes to Georgia.

When the reality hits him I think it's going to crush him.

THIS. EVERY WORD OF THIS. 1000X.

Mjoelner34
07-21-2016, 10:47 AM
I think Freeze is delusional. ......When the reality hits him I think it's going to crush him.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IAib94rT_Fw/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABs/AwzHXiGgWwo/photo.jpg

I figure he'll be able to coach at that nervous hospital. If'n they have a football team. Mmmmm.

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 10:57 AM

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

1-2 scholarships

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation

11-14 scholarships
1 year bowl ban

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban

WOW! This is excellent work! Very impressed. Wish there was a way to pin this post to the top of ED as a "go-to" reference. Very, very nice job.

Let me know if you ever plan to run for office.

Can you help the situation at Starkville High School?

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Yep. If you're cheating hard enough in men's basketball to draw even slight attention, then you've got some beyond serious shit going on.

Men's basketball? What about track? How or why does one cheat in track? And before I get a smart alec response...I know that the track team was tied to the cash funneling to FB recruits. But just in general, if you get caught cheating in track, I'd say you've got serious issues.

msstate7
07-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Didn't ULL have 1 level 1 infraction? If so, they self-imposed 11 scholarship losses, vacated wins, and Saunders got an 8-year show cause over 1. Is that right?

spbdawg
07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
#

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Didn't ULL have 1 level 1 infraction? If so, they self-imposed 11 scholarship losses, vacated wins, and Saunders got an 8-year show cause over 1. Is that right?

You are correct, sir...said in my best Ed McMahon voice.

I stand corrected.

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 11:40 AM

No. All 4 of their allegations were level I. First one for fixing ACT scores, second one for recruiting inducements and 3 and 4 involved Saunders lying to the NCAA and denying a third interview. All 4 were seen as level I violations. Also, I'm almost 99% positive that they didn't include any scholarship reductions in their self imposed sanctions, those were levied by the COI.

TrapGame
07-21-2016, 11:42 AM
I remember hearing a sports attorney on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying om is really trying hard to get most of those Level Ones down to Level Twos b/c otherwise it's going to be devastating to the entire athletic department top to bottom.

msstate7
07-21-2016, 11:44 AM
I remember hearing a sports attorney on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying om is really trying hard to get most of those Level Ones down to Level Twos b/c otherwise it's going to be devastating to the entire athletic department top to bottom.

What are the level 1s and do they have a leg to stand on trying to reduce?

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 11:50 AM

There are 8 level 1's. All 4 of the ACT allegations will no doubt remain level I. Allegation #8 involving Walter Hughes, and 4 coaches will no doubt remain level I. The other 3 involve tunsil and over $10,000 worth of inducements, all three of the tunsil allegations will no doubt remain level I, especially when considering a failure to monitor was slapped in between them.

I could see the COI slapping on Lack of Institutional Control before downgrading any of the level I allegations to level II

TrapGame
07-21-2016, 12:28 PM

I remember he said om might get two or three reduced but certainly not all eight level ones. His opinion was that om had some pretty serious violations in most of those level ones b/c the NCAA rewrote the guidelines a few years ago to make sure some really innocent stuff (like getting tires paid for but repaying the debt the same day) was knocked down to level two and three.

Reason2succeed
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM
I remember he said om might get two or three reduced but certainly not all eight level ones. His opinion was that om had some pretty serious violations in most of those level ones b/c the NCAA rewrote the guidelines a few years ago to make sure some really innocent stuff (like getting tires paid for but repaying the debt the same day) was knocked down to level two and three.

I see what you did there.

MSUDawg99
07-21-2016, 01:12 PM
You're right. But you have to give me credit that they had a couple of catfish. One was name Anal Ease.

Yeah I certainly wasn't discounting the catfish part. Just the loaves of bread. I thoroughly enjoyed the catfish investigation & watching it unfold. Quite the entertainment.

MedDawg
07-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Either way I think he is screwed because he will either continue to do well but probably get a show cause or he will lose and get run over by the Rebel bus. If he somehow makes it through unscathed I think he basically becomes the NCAA's next Jackie Sherrill as public enemy number one and the NCAA will just stay around until they nail him. After all of this is said and done I don't think it would take much for that to happen because of the repeat violator rules in place.

If Freeze only gets a suspension, he stays at OM no matter how long it is. If he gets a show cause, I think he will definitely get hired after the show cause is over. Maybe not P5 school, but a school like UL-Monroe would take him. Bruce Pearl had a show cause and he's now at Auburn

Freeze is still young and probably seen as an offensive guru. He'd be hired as an OC if not as a HC. If he is hit with a show cause his narrative will be that he needs to take responsibility for others' mistakes. State fans justified that Sherrill was never personally hit with any violations, and Freeze's next school will say them same (even if it is not true for Freeze).

Like you said, it's also likely that he would be watched closely by the NCAA like Sherrill was. They would be waiting for him to trip up, especially if he does turn up at a P5 school.

BrunswickDawg
07-21-2016, 02:33 PM
I think this is something like the sliding narrative we saw last summer with Tunsil - "Nothing to see here" >>>>> "Might be suspended a game, two at most">>>> "Definitely a suspension, but couldn't be more than 3-4 games." >>>>> "Six games just seems really unfair for talking to agents and forgetting to take a rental car back." >>>>

Ole Danny Hugh is about to get his. I would say at this point their hearing has not been delayed (or they would crow about it), and they all know that they could be looking at show causes and suspensions coming down as the season starts. As we get closer to August, you will see the narrative shift again to "I'm sure Dave Wommack can hold it together for a couple of weeks, its all designed to keep FSU and Bama on top. Sucks for our kids that they are ruining a great team by taking away our Fearless Leader. We just need to pray for them."

TrapGame
07-21-2016, 02:39 PM
I think this is something like the sliding narrative we saw last summer with Tunsil - "Nothing to see here" >>>>> "Might be suspended a game, two at most">>>> "Definitely a suspension, but couldn't be more than 3-4 games." >>>>> "Six games just seems really unfair for talking to agents and forgetting to take a rental car back." >>>>

Ole Danny Hugh is about to get his. I would say at this point their hearing has not been delayed (or they would crow about it), and they all know that they could be looking at show causes and suspensions coming down as the season starts. As we get closer to August, you will see the narrative shift again to "I'm sure Dave Wommack can hold it together for a couple of weeks, its all designed to keep FSU and Bama on top. Sucks for our kids that they are ruining a great team by taking away our Fearless Leader. We just need to pray for them."

Yep, if the Hammer comes down in late August/early September it will be a grand conspiracy to keep om from winning the SEC and playing for a NC. They'll hang a banner anyway though.

thf24
07-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Yep, if the Hammer comes down in late August/early September it will be a grand conspiracy to keep om from winning the SEC and playing for a NC. They'll hang a banner anyway though.

Hanging a banner for the natty they surely would have won if the whole rest of the college football world wasn't jealous and out to get them. It's really not hard to imagine them doing that.

spbdawg
07-21-2016, 02:58 PM
#

DawgHouseUnited
07-21-2016, 03:01 PM

8-12 scholarships
3 years probation
1 year bowl ban

1-2 scholarships

4-8 scholarships
1-2 years probation

11-14 scholarships
1 year bowl ban

24-36 scholarships
4 years of probation
2 year bowl ban

This is great. Well thought-out, reasoned with explanations, and lacking any obvious bias. Which means that it will fly over the head of any OM fans reading it. I just wish I could CC this to some folks...

Bodaski
07-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Remember, we are not including the rest of the ongoing investigation. The NCAA was still interviewing people 1 to 1 1/2 weeks ago. It's still a long ways from being over and from my understanding the pile keeps growing. So who really knows where this corruption and cheating will stop or whether the NCAA decides to just drop the hammer and quit. They are in a world of hurt and don't believe anything different.

DawgHouseUnited
07-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Has anyone even bothered to speculate on the "majority" of the violations- the WBB and track ones? The football ones are significant enough on their own, but if there's any strength to the others, then I think the athletic department itself is in the crosshairs.

Ranchdawg
07-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Wasn't it last year or the year before Freeze argued for and received a "significant" pay raise for all his assistants at TCUN? It raised my interest as to why he did that. At first it was spun by TCUN as the righteous Freeze doing the right/Godly thing for his assistants that had worked so hard for him. And this was done before we the general public knew anything for sure about depth of cheating that was going on by Freeze, his assistants and the Network.

Couldn't it now be construed as a form extortion by Freeze from TCUN to pay-o-la/bribe the assistants to keep their mouths shut for the upcoming & ongoing NCAA investigation? Also to keep assistant coaches at the school and keep them from going else where, landing a cushy job with another school and then spilling the info to the NCAA about TCUN's cheating? I've found it very strange for the most part that Freeze's assistants have pretty much stayed intact!

Just a thought! What Ya'll say?

lastmajordog
07-21-2016, 03:46 PM
I wish the NEW Coach34 apparent would step up with tales and photos of the NEW AND IMPROVED Zena Reb wannabes.......You know there has got to be some serious NCAA behind (and other) kissing going on as well other interesting circus acts.

spiral
07-21-2016, 03:52 PM
For 2016 there were 47 coaching changes (44 assistants) in the SEC. Only one school had no changes. Seems normal. No red flags here. Carry on. Then again om is in Oxford if you haven't heard.

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 04:30 PM
For 2016 there were 47 coaching changes (44 assistants) in the SEC. Only one school had no changes. Seems normal. No red flags here. Carry on. Then again om is in Oxford if you haven't heard.

Wow. That's a pretty good stat you found there. I knew there assistant coaching turnover was low, but that's incredible.

Central Pork
07-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Wow. That's a pretty good stat you found there. I knew there assistant coaching turnover was low, but that's incredible.

The assistants consider themselves disciples and hope to be mentioned in the new Bucky Bible. :D

shannondawg
07-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Wonder if they will have a portrait of the last supper commissioned ? I would buy one for my reb friend for Christmas.

I seen it dawg
07-21-2016, 05:53 PM
It's coming

Liverpooldawg
07-21-2016, 05:58 PM
There are 8 level 1's. All 4 of the ACT allegations will no doubt remain level I. Allegation #8 involving Walter Hughes, and 4 coaches will no doubt remain level I. The other 3 involve tunsil and over $10,000 worth of inducements, all three of the tunsil allegations will no doubt remain level I, especially when considering a failure to monitor was slapped in between them.

I could see the COI slapping on Lack of Institutional Control before downgrading any of the level I allegations to level II
There are way more than 8 level ones. Many of those included multiple violations that fell under the same category. I think it's actually something like 60 individual level one violations.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 06:00 PM
It's coming

Oh lawd

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Wonder if they will have a portrait of the last supper commissioned ? I would buy one for my reb friend for Christmas.

Imagine being a fly on the wall of the conference rooms and sponsored rooms of the Inn at Ole Miss and listening in on some of the conversations that have occurred their over the past 6 months.

Here's the thing about Ole Miss. The NCAA has shown that they can be sympathetic to teams that fully cooperate, fire involved coaches and exhibit honesty about the investigation to the NCAA AND public. Ole Miss has done none of that.

Think about this, the NCAA has already shown that they have no interest in protecting Ole Miss when they dropped the first NOA the week of signing day. They obviously did that to hurt OM's recruiting class and forewarn recruits considering OM. How does OM handle this? Their ATHLETIC DIRECTOR lied to the public, downplaying the allegations, "freeze isn't involved", "mostly Womens Basketball and Track, footballs involvement is minimal as possible". Their coaches lied to recruits, saying the same things that Bjork told the public.

The NCAA tried to screw Ole Miss before signing day, instead of laying down and accepting it, OM stood up and slapped the NCAA in the face. Ole Miss dug their own grave and then pushed themselves into it.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Imagine being a fly on the wall of the conference rooms and sponsored rooms of the Inn at Ole Miss and listening in on some of the conversations that have occurred their over the past 6 months.

Here's the thing about Ole Miss. The NCAA has shown that they can be sympathetic to teams that fully cooperate, fire involved coaches and exhibit honesty about the investigation to the NCAA AND public. Ole Miss has done none of that.

Think about this, the NCAA has already shown that they have no interest in protecting Ole Miss when they dropped the first NOA the week of signing day. They obviously did that to hurt OM's recruiting class and forewarn recruits considering OM. How does OM handle this? Their ATHLETIC DIRECTOR lied to the public, downplaying the allegations, "freeze isn't involved", "mostly Womens Basketball and Track, footballs involvement is minimal as possible". Their coaches lied to recruits, saying the same things that Bjork told the public.

The NCAA tried to screw Ole Miss before signing day, instead of laying down and accepting it, OM stood up and slapped the NCAA in the face. Ole Miss dug their own grave and then pushed themselves into it.

Are close to some action on this case? It seems as if the volume of the chatter is rising.

DawgPoundtheRock
07-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Will someone please explain the ramifications of Loss of Institutional Control. I understand the concept and what it is, but I don't know how it would impact the sanctions placed on a school. Would the penalties imposed under an NOA become multiplied by some random factor by the COI? Are there different sanctions that could be levied against the institution?

msstate7
07-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Will someone please explain the ramifications of Loss of Institutional Control. I understand the concept and what it is, but I don't know how it would impact the sanctions placed on a school. Would the penalties imposed under an NOA become multiplied by some random factor by the COI? Are there different sanctions that could be levied against the institution?
Also does LOIC have to be mentioned in the NOA to be on the table?

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Also does LOIC have to be mentioned in the NOA to be on the table?

Great article from the NCAA website on LOIC.

Notice the part that's says, "Ignorace of the rules will not be a sufficient explanation -- and it certainly will not be an adequate defense." Lol

http://www.ncaa.org/governance/institutional-control

DeviousDawg
07-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Are close to some action on this case? It seems as if the volume of the chatter is rising.

I mean, technically, we will see no action on this case until at the earliest October when the COI meets. I think the increase in chatter is centered around the fact that the public has finally started to turn on Ole Miss. Most people don't care enough to actually read the NOA and understand what it's implications are, instead they just listen to OM when they say "no pay for play", "the allegations are not that bad", "15 scholarships max", "it's all but over". However, recently people have actually been looking into the NOA objectively and realizing that Ole Miss is 17ed.

The public is like an avalanche in these cases, everyone is sitting there on the top of the mountain, restless until pushed by another, and once it starts it's like a snow ball effect. The avalanche is making it's way down the mountain and the only people that didn't get sucked into it are the lonely Rebs. Gotta be cold on top of that lonely mountain top, but they just keep adding layers and telling each other that it's really not that cold as they are clinching their teeth so the others can't hear their teeth chattering.

Reason2succeed
07-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Great article from the NCAA website on LOIC.

Notice the part that's says, "Ignorace of the rules will not be a sufficient explanation -- and it certainly will not be an adequate defense." Lol

http://www.ncaa.org/governance/institutional-control

Uhh ohh, I see why LOIC isn't mentioned in the NOA. "Any athletics program must reflect the ideals of the institution it represents...". As we all know the institution know as OM is a breading ground for pompous, delusional, nitwits who fawn over each other and recollect the glory years of pre-integration and dixie lore. Their athletics program was just "reflecting the ideals of the institution" so there is no grounds for LOIC.*********************************************

Liverpooldawg
07-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Uhh ohh, I see why LOIC isn't mentioned in the NOA. "Any athletics program must reflect the ideals of the institution it represents...". As we all know the institution know as OM is a breading ground for pompous, delusional, nitwits who fawn over each other and recollect the glory years of pre-integration and dixie lore. Their athletics program was just "reflecting the ideals of the institution" so there is no grounds for LOIC.*********************************************

If that's the case why is the NCAA even there? What they have been doing is totally in line with the ideals of UM. I'd say it represents what "Ole Miss" is all about more than anything else possible by at least a mile. It is the essence of the institution. What's more if they are honest with themselves they can't dispute that. They know it as well as we do.

I seen it dawg
07-22-2016, 06:36 AM
Maybe the NCAA is there bc OM isn't doing enough to be reflecting the ideals of the institution. Freezus isn't trying hard enough so that's why they will be punished.

Reason2succeed
07-22-2016, 08:58 AM
But the trick is on the NCAA. The denial and delusion about basic facts is the most accurate reflection of the ideals of their institution. They just "invited" the NCAA to their beautiful town and campus so that they could reflect the ideals of their university even better.