PDA

View Full Version : TE Breakdown

archdog
07-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Alright, C34 to starkville/callaway/ aside, let's start talking about position groups. It's time to start talking football again.

What are your takes on the TE position this year? Who is going to take a big step this year? How would we like to see them utilized? I will hang up and listen to your thoughts.

Covercorner2
07-19-2016, 04:50 PM
I think it depends on if any of the 3 new big WRs (Couch, Todd, Mitchell) step up. If that happens and Justin Johnson isn't needed outside, I think the depth chart goes like this: J. Johnson/J. Thomas/Farrod Green, with the new guys (Jones and Roberson) red shirting.

mcain31
07-19-2016, 05:45 PM
I really like the video that I saw of Jordan Thomas. A 6'7" tight end can bail a new qb out of a lot of difficult situations

GTHOM
07-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Jeremy Johnson is a solid player he's already shown that. He'll start backed up by Jordan Thomas I'll be anxious to see how we use him especially in the redzone after that I doubt any of the other guys see much time unless we have an injury

Dallas_Dawg
07-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Jeremy Johnson is a solid player he's already shown that. He'll start backed up by Jordan Thomas I'll be anxious to see how we use him especially in the redzone after that I doubt any of the other guys see much time unless we have an injury
Justin Johnson. Jeremy is the overrated Qb from auburn

GTHOM
07-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Justin Johnson. Jeremy is the overrated Qb from auburn

Hahahaha I know my bad man God I hope he doesnt have a year like Jeremy had

somebodyshotmypaw
07-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Jeremy is the overrated Qb from auburn

Well after watching him play QB, auburn might move him to tight end.

Reason2succeed
07-19-2016, 07:34 PM
If Jordan Thomas is all that Dan Mullen thinks he is I would hope to see Justin Johnson at the X receiver spot. If not we should run 2 TE packages to take advantage of their size and blocking ability. This could help our OL in the running game as well as the passing game.

msbulldog
07-19-2016, 07:36 PM
If Jordan Thomas is all that Dan Mullen thinks he is I would hope to see Justin Johnson at the X receiver spot. If not we should run 2 TE packages to take advantage of their size and blocking ability. This could help our OL in the running game as well as the passing game.

^^^^^

Reason2succeed
07-19-2016, 07:42 PM
I just looked at a roster and it has Justin Johnson listed as a WR already. Did I miss something?

Covercorner2
07-19-2016, 07:54 PM
I just looked at a roster and it has Justin Johnson listed as a WR already. Did I miss something?

No he's not.

Dallas_Dawg
07-19-2016, 08:20 PM
No matter if they are listed as TEs or not, they can still be lined up in the slot and wreck shop like a Gronk or Jimmy Graham