PDA

View Full Version : I congratulate R Fowler on Bo bounds show

cheewgumm
07-19-2016, 10:45 AM
for saying what most are afraid to say.

That Freeze is using religion to his own defense. It's such a disgusting thing, it's hard to believe he does it. I honestly think that is why he gets the kid gloves treatment. nobody wants to question another mans religion.

Fowler finally said the truth.

Boodawg
07-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Tell that to Tim Tebow.

cheewgumm
07-19-2016, 11:40 AM
If I can find him, I will.

thf24
07-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Tell that to Tim Tebow.

Not many outside the predominantly Christian southeast care about Ole Miss or Hugh Freeze. Tebow was in the national spotlight from very early on, hence a much smaller portion who identify with and/or respect his beliefs of those paying attention.

missouridawg
07-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Not many outside the predominantly Christian southeast care about Ole Miss or Hugh Freeze. Tebow was in the national spotlight from very early on, hence a much smaller portion who identify with and/or respect his beliefs of those paying attention.

Tim also wasn't hiding behind it like Hugh is

thf24
07-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Tim also wasn't hiding behind it like Hugh is

Also true. Funny how people are less afraid to attack someone actually being sincere about their religion than someone pretending and using it.

Boodawg
07-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Also true. Funny how people are less afraid to attack someone actually being sincere about their religion than someone pretending and using it.

Exactly, they berate a man in Tebow who is as genuine as they come, but put their kid gloves on when dealing with a grown man who, as far as I can tell, is hiding behind his beliefs.

notsofarawaydawg
07-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Hey Freezus .. click an ad AND

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/sixpaksux/hypocrite_zpsouuwgd37.jpg

Jarius
07-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Tim Tebow never broke the rules and used Christianity to hide behind in order to try and soften the blow to my knowledge. Comparing Tebow to Freeze is a slap in Tebow's face.

Reason2succeed
07-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Tim Tebow and Hugh Freeze are nothing alike. Tim used his platform to proclaim his faith but did not push it on others. Not only does Hypocrite Hugh hide behind his faith but he also pushes it on other people. I think it was Richie Brown that he told was going to hell or his faith was in peril because he didn't go to OM. This is so contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

mic
07-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Tell that to Tim Tebow.

Not even close to being the same...
Tebow actually got slammed and made fun of more from the media because of his faith..

TrapGame
07-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Tim Tebow and Hugh Freeze are nothing alike. Tim used his platform to proclaim his faith but did not push it on others. Not only does Hypocrite Hugh hide behind his faith but he also pushes it on other people. I think it was Richie Brown that he told was going to hell or his faith was in peril because he didn't go to OM. This is so contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

He feared for Richie's soul if he went to MSU. And supposedly that's when Momma Brown ended Freeze's visit and any recruiting period.

HoopsDawg
07-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Tell that to Tim Tebow.

Huh? Tebow wasn't using faith for personal gain.

LC Dawg
07-19-2016, 01:06 PM
for saying what most are afraid to say.

That Freeze is using religion to his own defense. It's such a disgusting thing, it's hard to believe he does it. I honestly think that is why he gets the kid gloves treatment. nobody wants to question another mans religion.

Fowler finally said the truth.

Wolken alluded to this on a podcast with Gary Parrish a while back but he is the only other person who I have heard call out Freeze for using religion for personal gain.
When a coach says he signed a great class because of God's favor he is saying that God preferred he signed those kids instead of another coach/school. I know this has to piss off other coaches but they have to tread lightly because they don't want to come off as questioning a rival coach's religion. If we were not in the south this would be a bigger issue. It started being more of an issue with Tebow after college when he was more of a national figure.
I don't think Freeze's religious hypocrisy will be hit very hard even if Ole Miss is hammered. He could quote Bible verses at the press conference announcing his show cause and many people will eat it up.

tireddawg
07-19-2016, 01:11 PM
FIFY

Exactly, they berate a man in Tebow who is as genuine as they come, but put their kid gloves on when dealing with a grown man who, as far as I can tell, is hiding behind A belief.

Boodawg
07-19-2016, 01:14 PM
For all who don't understand my point, I was really referring to quote "Nobody wants to question another mans religion". The media tore a true believer in Tebow a new one, but some hypocrite with an agenda gets a pass for some reason.

maroonmania
07-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Exactly, they berate a man in Tebow who is as genuine as they come, but put their kid gloves on when dealing with a grown man who, as far as I can tell, is hiding behind his beliefs.

Terrible analogy. Tebow took plenty of abuse for his devout faith and he wasn't being accused of any wrongdoing either. And he doesn't bring it up in every other sentence when being interviewed like Freeze does although everyone certainly knows where he stands.

maroonmania
07-19-2016, 01:37 PM
For all who don't understand my point, I was really referring to quote "Nobody wants to question another mans religion". The media tore a true believer in Tebow a new one, but some hypocrite with an agenda gets a pass for some reason.

Well good point although most of Tebow's detractors just wanted to mock his devotion to his faith. I don't think anyone thought he was in any way a hypocrite like Freeze seems to be.

coastdoglover
07-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Tim Tebow never broke the rules and used Christianity to hide behind in order to try and soften the blow to my knowledge. Comparing Tebow to Freeze is a slap in Tebow's face.

amen to that!

mparkerfd20
07-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Tebow's actions spoke louder than his words.

Freeze's 'religion' is much like the people who were the object of God's judgment in Isaiah 29:13: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught." NIV

MaroonFlounder
07-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Tim Tebow doesn't recruit football players to any college FB team. You have to be a bit of a snake in the grass to do that, and Hugh needs to admit that about himself or go to counseling.

DeviousDawg
07-19-2016, 03:11 PM

The situations couldn't be more opposite.

Tim Tebow exploits his platform to elevate his religion.

Hugh Freeze exploits his religion to elevate his platform.

Mjoelner34
07-19-2016, 03:13 PM

Perfectly stated!

BulldogBear
07-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Freeze's 'religion' is much like the people who were the object of God's judgment in Isaiah 29:13: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught." NIV
Agree with this

Boodawg
07-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Terrible analogy. Tebow took plenty of abuse for his devout faith and he wasn't being accused of any wrongdoing either. And he doesn't bring it up in every other sentence when being interviewed like Freeze does although everyone certainly knows where he stands.

It's not an analogy, it's somewhat the opposite of it. Tebow got killed by media and lots of others and didn't deserve it, while Freeze on the other hand gets a pass by the media, and many feel sorry for him. Again someone said "no one wants to question a mans religion", but that's not the case with Tebow, while it does seem to be the case for Freeze.

Reason2succeed
07-19-2016, 03:38 PM
1 Peter 4:15-16 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men?s matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God on this account.

According to these scriptures Hypocrite Hugh is wrong on two accounts. First, he is suffering because of his own evil doing not because anyone hates his faith or the games they've won.
They've been stealing players, attracting players through evil means, and have been meddling in Alabama and Georgia's backyard.

Two, even if he was suffering for righteousness sake the bible says you should not complain about it but should rejoice because of it. With all of the bible study and FCA meetings Pastor Hugh ought to know that.

GTHOM
07-19-2016, 06:08 PM
I dont want to see Tim Tebow and Freeze in the same sentence unless its comparing how great the first was to how bad the latter is

somebodyshotmypaw
07-19-2016, 06:52 PM
When Tebow gets a DUI with empty beer cans in the car, but then claims it was because he just left a church service where he took the Lord's Supper, then he and Freeze will be similar.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-19-2016, 06:55 PM

I don't think I've ever read anything on a message board so precise and accurate. I could have explained this, just never as simply and easily as you have. You've hit the nail so squarely on the head. You've explained hours worth of discussion in two perfect sentences.

msbulldog
07-19-2016, 07:23 PM

So sayeth The Lord, Amen.

BiscuitEater
07-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Huh? Tebow wasn't using faith for personal gain.

Clarification needed. How has Tebow "used his faith for personal gain?"

RocketDawg
07-19-2016, 08:42 PM

Just the opposite, actually. One could say that Tebow's faith has led to a certain amount of ridicule (e.g., "Tebowing") and may have even affected his chances in the NFL. But he hasn't strayed from his beliefs as far as I know. And whether you agree with him or not, you have to admire him for it. I'm really not sure about Freeze ... at times I think he's sincere, but at other times you have to wonder at some of the things he apparently does. And you always have to watch out of "bumper sticker Christians". If they've got to tell you how good they are, they they probably aren't. You can tell by their actions.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-19-2016, 09:04 PM

Been waiting on clarification on this also. Are ppl suggesting tebow and freezes motives are the same? Hopefully I misunderstood bc that's pretty ignorant.

archdog
07-19-2016, 09:05 PM

Boom.

Mutt the Hoople
07-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Unlike Freeze, Tim Tebow actually believes in Jesus Christ.

msudawg1200
07-20-2016, 06:17 PM

Did he really say that to Richie? If I'd been a recruit and my father had heard him say something like that to me he'd fixed Freezus' dental problems real quick. Props to Mrs. Brown if she ended all contact at that point. How do some of these recruits not see through his bull? I guess $$$$$$$$$$$$ is blind.

Dawgcentral
07-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Did he really say that to Richie? If I'd been a recruit and my father had heard him say something like that to me he'd fixed Freezus' dental problems real quick. Props to Mrs. Brown if she ended all contact at that point. How do some of these recruits not see through his bull? I guess $$$$$$$$$$$$ is blind.

From what I'm told privately, it really happened.

It's a pattern of behavior that fits the OM staff's attempts to label CDM as evil.

He's a Yankee.

He's a Scientologist.

He not a Christian.

Hevesey uses the F word and the GD words while in the living rooms with Mama.

Sadly, MSU fans repeat this garbage and it's continued. We've overcome much of it, yet it remains an obstacle.