PDA

View Full Version : I heard Hugh will be on Mike & Mike tomorrow morning. Just softballs?

DancingRabbit
07-18-2016, 09:39 PM
nm

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Yes, because Mike & Mike are pro-sport guys & they don't understand the problem.

Mike & Mike probably believe that college athletes should be paid & thus may not see what Hugh Freeze has done as wrong. They don't understand that this has nothing to do with whether or not athletes should be paid or not & has everything to do with a football program offering illegal enticements to recruits in order to gain an advantage on the competition.

MoreCowbell
07-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Yes, because Mike & Mike are pro-sport guys & they don't understand the problem.

Mike & Mike probably believe that college athletes should be paid & thus may not see what Hugh Freeze has done as wrong. They don't understand that this has nothing to do with whether or not athletes should be paid or not & has everything to do with a football program offering illegal enticements to recruits in order to gain an advantage on the competition.

If I'm not mistaken, Greenberg called out Freeze a couple of months ago and blasted him over the satellite camp stuff. I remember the Reb fanbase freaking out over it. Hopefully he still has some bent up anger from that and decides to give him the business.

MarketingBully
07-18-2016, 11:27 PM
If either of them will put his feet to the fire, it would have to be Greeny. Golic probably won't throw up any hardballs but Greeny is a pretty passionate guy and may let Freeze have it.

Dawgface
07-19-2016, 07:40 AM
Listening to him now. Nothing but softballs.

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Hugh is just sticking to the talking points & sucking up to the NCAA with his verbiage.

The only people that would potentially ask Hugh non-softball questions are either in-state media like Bo Bounds or Rosebowl, or national media like Forde or Wolken. I'm not sure why Forde hasn't asked tougher questions in his interviews

msstate7
07-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Hugh is just sticking to the talking points & sucking up to the NCAA with his verbiage.

The only people that would potentially ask Hugh non-softball questions are either in-state media like Bo Bounds or Rosebowl, or national media like Forde or Wolken. I'm not sure why Forde hasn't asked tougher questions in his interviews

If you want an interview, soft tosses are most likely a requirement

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Probably. I know we all want to see the embarrassing moment where Freezus is stumped, gets mad, & walks off stage, but it isn't going to happen. Hugh is way to polished & selective about what interviews he does to fall into that trap. We are dealing with a professional BSer & talker here.

starkvegasdawg
07-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Soft balls and hard wood. Just like Hugh likes it.

jumbo
07-19-2016, 08:24 AM
He's on sportscenter now...did he just say that he hasn't and can't talk to Tunsil because of the investigation?

mic
07-19-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm not listening to that POS .. But for the ones who did what bible verse did he quote today?
And is he talking in 3rd person yet ?

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2016, 09:05 AM
He's on sportscenter now...did he just say that he hasn't and can't talk to Tunsil because of the investigation?

I guess they can only communicate by letters since he said he received a letter from Big Softie. #Hugh'slies

dawg27
07-19-2016, 09:08 AM
I am not listing to him, but i bet he has said he is a christian at least twice, and how he loves all. They were mistakes made but gooly gee wiz we did not mean to.

maroonmania
07-19-2016, 09:12 AM

Doubt Hugh would have even gone on there without at least some verbal agreement about what type of questions he would get.

I seen it dawg
07-19-2016, 09:14 AM
**** that guy

dawg27
07-19-2016, 09:29 AM
It was just simply mistakes ncaa mistakes were made. Now please leave us alone because God loves u.

maroonmania
07-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Probably. I know we all want to see the embarrassing moment where Freezus is stumped, gets mad, & walks off stage, but it isn't going to happen. Hugh is way to polished & selective about what interviews he does to fall into that trap. We are dealing with a professional BSer & talker here.

Agreed, Freeze is made 100% in the UNM mold, in that he is sold out to maintaining and projecting a certain image and he knows where to go to sell that and where not to go. In religious terms IMO he is just such a "Pharisee" as Jesus would have described. Always "praying in public for others to see" and making sure whatever "good deeds" he does are broadcasted so he can receive the praise of men. Now I don't know that he is a hypocrite in other aspects of his life, I just know that he is a hypocrite when it comes to being honorable and ethical in the way he and his staff handle recruiting. I know a LOT of the things that go on during their big recruiting weekends are anything BUT moral and wholesome.

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2016, 09:37 AM
Doubt Hugh would have even gone on there without at least some verbal agreement about what type of questions he would get.

Dan got grilled over Simmons but Hugh doesn't even get asked where he disappeared to after Tunsil's press conference. Everyone knows Hugh would have loved to be in the hug fest of Paidwell and lil kimdeechee and yet no one even asks him? That isn't even asking about the NCAA, just ask why he disappeared and didn't face the media.

Tbonewannabe
07-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Agreed, Freeze is made 100% in the UNM mold, in that he is sold out to maintaining and projecting a certain image and he knows where to go to sell that and where not to go. In religious terms IMO he is just such a "Pharisee" as Jesus would have described. Always "praying in public for others to see" and making sure whatever "good deeds" he does are broadcasted so he can receive the praise of men. Now I don't know that he is a hypocrite in other aspects of his life, I just know that he is a hypocrite when it comes to being honorable and ethical in the way he and his staff handle recruiting. I know a LOT of the things that go on during their big recruiting weekends are anything BUT moral and wholesome.

The owner of my company says when he lets people know when he donates then he no longer receives the blessing of that good deed. He does it sometimes to hopefully ignite giving in others but he does a lot that no one ever knows. The giving no one knows about is what he will receive blessings on. I doubt Hugh does anything that isn't broadcast for the world to hear what a "Great Christian man" he is unless there is some recruit that is some other nationality then he is busting up in their house with bongo drums or whatever is needed. Someone needs to update the wikipedia under hypocrite and put Hugh's pic there.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-19-2016, 10:43 AM

I'll have to look back at my posts, but I found a quote from him when I think he was the recruiting coordinator:

"Ten minutes later, Freeze was giving Roderick Davis pointers on how to handle his Signing Day press conference.

"Don't forget good ol' Coach Freeze, your new position coach, when you talk to those newspapers," Freeze told him. "You do want to see that ball thrown to you, dontcha, Big Rod?""

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=3227211

MadDawg
07-19-2016, 11:04 AM
I'll have to look back at my posts, but I found a quote from him when I think he was the recruiting coordinator:

"Ten minutes later, Freeze was giving Roderick Davis pointers on how to handle his Signing Day press conference.

"Don't forget good ol' Coach Freeze, your new position coach, when you talk to those newspapers," Freeze told him. "You do want to see that ball thrown to you, dontcha, Big Rod?""

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=3227211

I saw that yesterday when looking back at Freeze's recruitment of Robert Elliot. Pretty enlightening. And is that a threat that if he doesn't sing his praises to the press that he won't get any balls thrown to him? How Christian of him.

TrapGame
07-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Well, if it wasn't for Freeze getting soft balls he'd have no balls at all.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-19-2016, 11:21 AM
I saw that yesterday when looking back at Freeze's recruitment of Robert Elliot. Pretty enlightening. And is that a threat that if he doesn't sing his praises to the press that he won't get any balls thrown to him? How Christian of him.

That's the crazy thing about all this...Freeze hasn't changed in 10 years. He's still the same recruiting coordinator that got hit with violations in his previous stint at ole miss. Freeze is a detriment to the little integrity that's left in CFB.

notsofarawaydawg
07-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Taken from the interview..............

Freeze said on Mike & Mike that ?it is impossible for a head coach to totally control and monitor every single thing that goes on particularly outside the walls of that building? but that he thought ?it should be our absolute ambition and goal to make sure everyone around your program, in your program, understands that we have zero desire to cut any corners to have success.? BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT This asshole has encouraged this kind of behavior and it is now documented that he was directly involved on several occasions as he is named in the NOA. Why does he keep LYING so much? God is gonna get mad.

The NCAA?s current penalty structure, adopted Aug. 1, 2013, holds head coaches more accountable for their actions and the actions of their coaching staffs.

MadDawg
07-19-2016, 01:27 PM
That's the crazy thing about all this...Freeze hasn't changed in 10 years. He's still the same recruiting coordinator that got hit with violations in his previous stint at ole miss. Freeze is a detriment to the little integrity that's left in CFB.

He sounds like a very nervous, very guilty man.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Taken from the interview..............

Freeze said on Mike & Mike that ?it is impossible for a head coach to totally control and monitor every single thing that goes on particularly outside the walls of that building? but that he thought ?it should be our absolute ambition and goal to make sure everyone around your program, in your program, understands that we have zero desire to cut any corners to have success.? BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT This asshole has encouraged this kind of behavior and it is now documented that he was directly involved on several occasions as he is named in the NOA. Why does he keep LYING so much? God is gonna get mad.

The NCAA?s current penalty structure, adopted Aug. 1, 2013, holds head coaches more accountable for their actions and the actions of their coaching staffs.

It doesn't matter what Freeze says:

NCAA Division I Bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a head coach is
presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who
report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach. The head coach will
be held accountable for violations in the program unless he or she
can rebut the presumption of responsibility.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/DI_Enf_387100_HeadCoachRes-20160208.pdf

scottycameron
07-19-2016, 01:36 PM
That show may be the the most worthless show on. It's "the view" of sports talk.
It's on around here so apparently there are people in the South who actually listen to it. I know there were a lot of snowbirds down here now, but that's still mind boggling.
I can't believe greenstein had college football as a topic. That must have been awkward.