PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern penalties

msudawglb
07-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Did anyone notice that Georgia Southern received their NCAA penalties last week. If there was a post on it, sorry about this repost.

Two coaches got 3 year show-causes. Seems that at least 4 coaches (if not more) on the bears staff would get show-causes.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/m/section/1/article/75132/

missouridawg
07-18-2016, 02:02 PM
If case precedent has any meaning whatsoever, Kiffin and Nix are done. And Freezus better hope his prayers get answered.

scottycameron
07-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Geez, they got squat. 2 schollies and no bowl ban? Show causes for guys that aren't even there anymore?

That's not making me feel great.

BrunswickDawg
07-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Geez, they got squat. 2 schollies and no bowl ban? Show causes for guys that aren't even there anymore?

That's not making me feel great.
The difference is GSU self reported, it was extremely isolated, and they haven't stonewalled (notice that the incidents less than 2 years old).

jumbo
07-18-2016, 02:46 PM
The difference is GSU self reported, it was extremely isolated, and they haven't stonewalled (notice that the incidents less than 2 years old).

And the staffers still got show causes. That speaks volumes to me.

RocketDawg
07-18-2016, 02:52 PM
And the staffers still got show causes. That speaks volumes to me.

Was one of them the head coach? If not, then that kinda dilutes the NCAA's claim that the head coach is responsible for what his subordinates do.

msbulldog
07-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Good thing Sankey should recuse himself from the Mississippi case.

scottycameron
07-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Was one of them the head coach? If not, then that kinda dilutes the NCAA's claim that the head coach is responsible for what his subordinates do.

Exactly. I'm sure Saunders and Vaughn will get show cause for OM. Ooooooooooooo.
That shows me that the NCAA has packed it in. Self report self impose they'll sign off on whatever. I don't know if they even care anymore. Give them some of that exemplfied cooperation and they're good with whatever the school thinks they deserve.

Saltydog
07-18-2016, 03:18 PM
worse like a lot of people automatically assume. Considering the gravity of what we know, I think they'll get a mere slap on the wrist.

jumbo
07-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Exactly. I'm sure Saunders and Vaughn will get show cause for OM. Ooooooooooooo.
That shows me that the NCAA has packed it in. Self report self impose they'll sign off on whatever. I don't know if they even care anymore. Give them some of that exemplfied cooperation and they're good with whatever the school thinks they deserve.

If the NCAA has packed it in then we would at the very least know when OM is going in front of the COI, if not have already wrapped up their case. I understand the "I'll believe it when I see it" pessimistic attitude of the past, but OM is going to get hit hard. Just have some patience and enjoy the ride.

scottycameron
07-18-2016, 03:35 PM
If the NCAA has packed it in then we would at the very least know when OM is going in front of the COI, if not have already wrapped up their case. I understand the "I'll believe it when I see it" pessimistic attitude of the past, but OM is going to get hit hard. Just have some patience and enjoy the ride.

OM is the one that's delaying it! **** the NCAA. There just sitting there waiting on OM to tell them when they're ready to wrap it up. Have y'all been keeping up?
This is going to turn out to be a freakin dog and pony show when it's all said and done, wait and see. The last couple weeks have opened my eyes.
It's time to play the game. We were stupid not to figure it out by now.

TheRef
07-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Good thing Sankey should recuse himself from the Mississippi case.

Why should Sankey recuse himself? His daughter went to State so if anything, he has more of a loyalty to State than OM.

jumbo
07-18-2016, 03:45 PM
OM is the one that's delaying it! **** the NCAA. There just sitting there waiting on OM to tell them when they're ready to wrap it up. Have y'all been keeping up?
This is going to turn out to be a freakin dog and pony show when it's all said and done, wait and see. The last couple weeks have opened my eyes.
It's time to play the game. We were stupid not to figure it out by now.

How is OM the one's that are delaying it?

Reason2succeed
07-18-2016, 04:11 PM
The statement also emphasized that the violations were committed by "rogue" former employees who tried "to hide what they knew to be policy violations."

How many of the coaches named in OM's NOA are former?

A professor identified the academic dishonesty and notified the football program, which self-reported the incident to the NCAA.

How many of OM's academic violations were self reported versus Saunders having to rat of them?

The fact that these coaches got show causes is not "good news" for OM. None of this is good news for OM.

msbulldog
07-18-2016, 04:54 PM
How is OM the one's that are delaying it?

Because NCAA rules say he must, because he has interest in the school in question as a conference member.

msbulldog
07-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Why should Sankey recuse himself? His daughter went to State so if anything, he has more of a loyalty to State than OM.

Because NCAA rules say he must, because he has interest in the school in question as a conference member.

TheRef
07-18-2016, 05:12 PM

Fair enough...now I see where you're coming from.

Dawgface
07-18-2016, 06:09 PM
worse like a lot of people automatically assume. Considering the gravity of what we know, I think they'll get a mere slap on the wrist.

Hope you are wrong but afraid you may be right.

DogsofAnarchy
07-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Did anyone notice that Georgia Southern received their NCAA penalties last week. If there was a post on it, sorry about this repost.

Two coaches got 3 year show-causes. Seems that at least 4 coaches (if not more) on the bears staff would get show-causes.

http://www.statesboroherald.com/m/section/1/article/75132/

I can tell you this, OM is not getting off of these NCAA problems. It is not gonna be a slap on the wrist. It is going to be talked about for years.

jumbo
07-18-2016, 07:27 PM
They have 8 level 1 violations in the first noa. USC didn't have that many and they got 30 over 3 and a bowl ban.

UNC is basically where OM is right now but they only have 5 level 1s.