PDA

View Full Version : Great Call on Bo Bounds this morning

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2016, 10:22 AM
The last call of the day was by a guy named Rob & he compared Jim Harbaugh's recruiting to Hugh Freeze's recruiting.

Here is how they lineup.

Harbaugh's 1st recruiting class 2015: Michigan finished ranked 37th by 247

Harbaugh's 2nd recruiting class 2016: Michigan finished ranked 5th by 247

Hugh Freeze's 1st recruiting class at Ole Miss: 47th by 247

Hugh Freeze's 2nd recruiting class at Ole Miss: 8th by 247

So, let's get this straight.

Hugh Freeze who, who had previously been the head coach at Arkansas State & offensive coordinator at San Jose State had a bigger jump in recruiting his 2nd year than Jim Harbaugh, who was an NFL QB, rebuilt the Stanford program into a national contender, took an NFL team to the Super Bowl as head coach, & was the AP NFL Coach of the Year in 2011. Additionally, Harbaugh is hopping around the country doing satallite camps, wearing home town jerseys, tweeting to cause controversy, & last but not least is coaching at a historical national power with the biggest stadium in college football, while Hugh Freeze coaches at a traditional doormat. Meanwhile, Freeze doesn't attend satellite camps & doesn't appear to go above & beyond to network & sell Ole Miss' program.

So that is laid out objectively & without opinion. Does this look right? Does this smell like a skunk? Is Hugh Freeze the greatest recruiter of all-time?

To Ole Miss fans, do you care about the character & integrity of your football program or do you just care about winning? Do you overlook wrong & right when it benefits you?

These are questions that all of you should consider.

LockeDawg
07-18-2016, 10:31 AM
The last call of the day was by a guy named Rob & he compared Jim Harbaugh's recruiting to Hugh Freeze's recruiting.

Here is how they lineup.

Hugh Freeze who, who had previously been the head coach at Arkansas State & offensive coordinator at San Jose State had a bigger jump in recruiting his 2nd year than Jim Harbaugh, who was an NFL QB, rebuilt the Stanford program into a national contender, took an NFL team to the Super Bowl as head coach, & was the AP NFL Coach of the Year in 2011. Additionally, Harbaugh is hopping around the country doing satallite camps, wearing home town jerseys, tweeting to cause controversy, & last but not least is coaching at a historical national power with the biggest stadium in college football, while Hugh Freeze coaches at a traditional doormat. Meanwhile, Freeze doesn't attend satellite camps & doesn't appear to go above & beyond to network & sell Ole Miss' program.

So that is laid out objectively & without opinion. Does this look right? Does this smell like a skunk? Is Hugh Freeze the greatest recruiter of all-time?

To Ole Miss fans, do you care about the character & integrity of your football program or do you just care about winning? Do you overlook wrong & right when it benefits you?

These are questions that all of you should consider.Jim Harbaugh has taken issue with Hugh Freeze's recruiting tactics. I wonder if Harbaugh chose to inform the NCAA?

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Good points. It has never smelt right. Ole Miss and their boosters got so obsessed with stars that they didn't realize how obvious the cheating was. At this point the only thing that will stop it is the NCAA. It's like the meth addict that denies addiction until his last tooth falls out.

Jarius
07-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Ryan Fowler, who covers Alabama, was also on and he made an excellent comment regarding Ole Miss. He said that they are like a drunk that has checked into rehab but still won't admit that they have a drinking problem.

Dawgface
07-18-2016, 10:44 AM
When I questioned OM recruiting class, one of my OM drinking buddies said it was simply a 'perfect storm' that came together. Yeah right.....a perfect storm filled with money.

missouridawg
07-18-2016, 10:52 AM
When I questioned OM recruiting class, one of my OM drinking buddies said it was simply a 'perfect storm' that came together. Yeah right.....a perfect storm filled with money.

A hurricane of money, girls, and spice. The Ole Miss playbook.

msstate7
07-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Anyone who can look at the situation logically can see om cheated. I just wish the NOA had more of the big payments to players in it. I hope the NCAA looks at the situation and penalizes for what they proved and plus some for what they know was there and couldn't prove

maroonmania
07-18-2016, 10:59 AM

Hope those questions are rhetorical because we certainly already know the answers. Been discussed at length that there were specific reasons why Hugh Freeze was brought in when he was. Its all about pushing the envelope way beyond the breaking point to win. EVERYTIME MSU starts to become a competitive to good program the Bears lose their sh!t. Happened with Brewer's rogue recruiting when Sherrill first got to town, happened with the Private Investigators and the quid pro quo with the NCAA (even sleeping with the NCAA investigator) at the end of Sherrill to put us on probation, and then again with Mullen after the "This is Our State" campaign and proclaiming in the locker that we would never lose to them again they went totally nuts with the Network going into hyperdrive. Its about winning and even more importantly its about their self esteem to make sure they are perceived as the dominant football program in MS. ANYTIME they start losing routinely to us you can just set your watch that they are about to go off the deep end to do something about it.

Jarius
07-18-2016, 11:01 AM
The new penalty structure gives the NCAA leverage to punish harder for things that they can't really prove. If they have it out for someone, 8 level 1 violations is enough to give that program whatever they want to give it based on the new penalty structure. If they feel like Ole Miss is doing much worse than they can prove, they can give them the hammer based on what they have in that NOA and nothing else.

spiral
07-18-2016, 11:01 AM
I want to know who the city planner of Oxford that was apparently hired in 2011-12. He's the real om MVP. I never recall any town being the reason for so many football players wanting to attend a university. It wasn't before he got there.

I guess it's foolish to think coaches, facilities, success, NFL prospects, offensive and defensive schemes, and things like that make a difference to a recruit.

starkvegasdawg
07-18-2016, 11:07 AM

Here is how they lineup.

That beautiful campus, though.***

TrapGame
07-18-2016, 11:31 AM

Here is how they lineup.

Some idiot called into White's show on 105.9 two weeks ago and said that Freeze was a salesman and not a recruiter. He "sold" all these players on building a winning program at a school that had "potential". And he went on to talk about how Freeze was not cheating because he was a good man with character and integrity. He just wouldn't do something like that, he said.

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Some idiot called into White's show on 105.9 two weeks ago and said that Freeze was a salesman and not a recruiter. He "sold" all these players on building a winning program at a school that had "potential". And he went on to talk about how Freeze was not cheating because he was a good man with character and integrity. He just wouldn't do something like that, he said.

If this is true, then it settles it: Hugh Freeze is the absolute best recruiter of all-time. Saban is statistically, but I'd argue, if Hugh did all this above board, then what he's done is far more impressive than what Saban has done.

Is Hugh Freeze the best recruiter of all-time?

notsofarawaydawg
07-18-2016, 12:00 PM
If the preacherman coach was such a good man, one of integrity and character, he would have not RUN like a little bitch when Laremy Tunsil told millions that he had received money from COACHES. He would have stood there and been totally honest about the whole thing. God doesn't like liars. Yet he tucks his tail and runs like the little bitch he is. He would have turned to the God he claims to follow every minute of the day and faced the world like a real man of God. He's now seen as the biggest hypocrite in the college coaching ranks and continues to try and convince people he knows nothing about what is going on in HIS football program. The ignorance is just unbelievable when it comes to an SEC coach making a claim like that. Even more ignorant are the Rebear faithful who know their asses are about to be handed to them yet they still think this man sits at the right hand of God and he would never lie to anyone.

breazy
07-18-2016, 12:07 PM

I've seen and heard this bolded part from quite a few of their fans. Problem is, They most likely don't actually know the man. They know what he purports himself to be, what his appearance he's crafted him to look like, but outside of his family and actual real life friends, anyone claiming this is saying what they hope/believe. This is exacerbated by them taking what they "believe" and screaming from the rooftop as if it is fact. The same goes for all coaches/public persons, You only know what they show you. At least until the skeletons start crawling out of the closet ala Jo-Pa, Petrino, etc.

Out of Bounds
07-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Here's the call on podcast.
Itunes: http://apple.co/29tmwOm

Johnson85
07-18-2016, 01:30 PM

It was a perfect storm as far as having a preexisting connection with NKemdichee. If he hadn't gotten on board first, they likely would have spent a shit ton of money for a class that finished between 10th and 15th in the recruiting rankings.

TopDog58
07-18-2016, 01:31 PM
I've seen and heard this bolded part from quite a few of their fans. Problem is, They most likely don't actually know the man. They know what he purports himself to be, what his appearance he's crafted him to look like, but outside of his family and actual real life friends, anyone claiming this is saying what they hope/believe. This is exacerbated by them taking what they "believe" and screaming from the rooftop as if it is fact. The same goes for all coaches/public persons, You only know what they show you. At least until the skeletons start crawling out of the closet ala Jo-Pa, Petrino, etc.

Ole Miss fans have always had a bad habit of deifying their coaches. How many times did we hear "fine Christian man" about Cutcliffe. He was nearly an apostle until their fan base turned on him just like they do with every coach they sour on

HoopsDawg
07-18-2016, 02:08 PM
I hope they get hammered. BUT, if they don't, can we all agree to stop talking about this BS forever?

benbow
07-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Nope!

msstate7
07-18-2016, 02:16 PM
I hope they get hammered. BUT, if they don't, can we all agree to stop talking about this BS forever?

An actual miss state game would do wonders as far as slowing down all this talk. There's really nothing to talk about much right now... Unless you guys wanna talk braves' baseball bc I'm all in haha

HoopsDawg
07-18-2016, 02:25 PM
An actual miss state game would do wonders as far as slowing down all this talk. There's really nothing to talk about much right now... Unless you guys wanna talk braves' baseball bc I'm all in haha

Yeah, but it's a year round topic. Ole Miss clearly cheats. But if they don't get hammered, we need to either step up our game or just quit complaining about it. The NCAA really needs to send a strong message.

Jarius
07-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah, but it's a year round topic. Ole Miss clearly cheats. But if they don't get hammered, we need to either step up our game or just quit complaining about it. The NCAA really needs to send a strong message.

There is no doubt that if they don't get hammered the rest of the SEC is going to go Wild West afterwards. This isn't an MSU complaint with them. Everyone is bitching about it and everyone is in wait and see mode to decide what to do next.

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2016, 02:40 PM

I think reasonable minds can agree with this

MaroonState
07-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Why did he cuss Robert Elliot's mom if he had such high character and integrity? Ask the Rebs that question.

MadDawg
07-18-2016, 02:58 PM
If ole miss doesn't get hammered by the NCAA, from now on we better:

1. Provide hotel rooms for all players and recruits families

2. Provide travel and/or reimburse any travel expenses for the entire family of recruits/players

3. Have dinners and events hosted at coaches' homes with all the big time boosters in attendance

4. Provide cost of living allowances not just players, but for momma, daddy, aunts, uncles or any other influential family members

Any more?

RocketDawg
07-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Why did he cuss Robert Elliot's mom if he had such high character and integrity? Ask the Rebs that question.

Was she the one he got in a altercation with after one game a year or two ago? If not, I haven't heard about the Elliot Mom incident.

Jarius
07-18-2016, 03:06 PM

2. Provide travel and/or reimburse any travel expenses for the entire family of recruits/players

3. Have dinners and events hosted at coaches' homes with all the big time boosters in attendance

4. Provide cost of living allowances not just players, but for momma, daddy, aunts, uncles or any other influential family members

Any more?

We better do a hell of a lot more than that, and do it in cash.

HoopsDawg
07-18-2016, 03:08 PM

Any more?

Yeah, a lot more. Just throw the rule book in the trash can b/c it would prove that the NCAA has no ability to enforce the rules. Like the other poster said, Wild West.

TrapGame
07-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Was she the one he got in a altercation with after one game a year or two ago? If not, I haven't heard about the Elliot Mom incident.

Nope, when he was with Eddie O. He cussed out Elliot's mom and one of our coaches at Elliot's house.

Gutter Cobreh
07-18-2016, 03:18 PM

Quick google search regarding Freeze and Mcknight, brought up this interesting read.... It shows a different side of Mr. Freeze and gives light to whether he is the best recruiter of all time.... If 800 calls to a high school kid over 3 days and blowing up the recruit's 11 year old brother's phone means you're the best, then yes Freezus must be the best....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=3227211

Johnson85
07-18-2016, 03:33 PM
We better do a hell of a lot more than that, and do it in cash.

Seriously. I doubt any of the things the NCAA has actually identified, other than introducing the players to boosters and the academic improprieties, had any significant impact on their recruiting.

If UM doesn't get hammered, we are going to have to decide whether we are committed enough to compete in big boy football. I hope we are, but I'm not out handing out cash, so I can't really complain about anybody else's commitment.

confucius say
07-18-2016, 03:33 PM

Define hammered.

HoopsDawg
07-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Define hammered.

See USC. 2 year bowl ban. 30 scholarships over 3 years. I would want to see every game that Tunsil played in be forfeited. And all current players be given the option to transfer without sitting out a year.

That's enough to keep up the rhetoric. Much less than that and it's a waste of time to discuss or even think about on a message board.

confucius say
07-18-2016, 03:40 PM
See USC. 2 year bowl ban. 30 scholarships over 3 years. I would want to see every game that Tunsil played in be forfeited. And all current players be given the option to transfer without sitting out a year.

That's enough to keep up the rhetoric. Much less than that and it's a waste of time to discuss or even think about on a message board.

I think 20 schollies and a bowl ban is getting hammered this day in age

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2016, 03:56 PM

I think this makes a ton of sense as well, but would add showcauses for Freeze, Kiffin, Nix, etc. Basically, I don't believe the NCAA should be out to destroy Ole Miss' football program or university, but I think the fair thing to do is to set them back to where they were before Freeze got there. No more, no less. If Freeze's program was built through illegal benefits, then the people involved should be terminated & the program reset to where it was before he got there.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Any more?

This is the recipe.

Avoid handing out large amounts of money. Provide for players and their families on a monthly basis. The Network had a choice, give one lump sum, or portion it over 4 years. They both have pros and cons.

If you give one lump sum, there is only one transaction to be traced, but that transaction could be a program destroyer. They decided against this. Instead, the decided to give a bunch of small amounts over a long period of time. It creates a lot more transactions, but each is small enough to maybe be written off as a part of the "Opportunity Fund". The Opportunity Fund "narrative" was their fire escape plan, however, just because you follow the fire escape plan, doesn't mean you won't get burned.

BossDawg
07-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Quick google search regarding Freeze and Mcknight, brought up this interesting read.... It shows a different side of Mr. Freeze and gives light to whether he is the best recruiter of all time.... If 800 calls to a high school kid over 3 days and blowing up the recruit's 11 year old brother's phone means you're the best, then yes Freezus must be the best....

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=3227211

800 CALLS?!?! How in the hell do you do that?!?! Bona-fide stalkers don't even do that! Oh my God you have to have problems to call someone that much, no matter what's it's about - even if you're trying to warn others of a nuclear fallout.

MSUDawg99
07-18-2016, 05:24 PM

Any more?

Build a hotel on campus that can be used during FB season for recruits & their fam's to stay in.

PassInterference
07-18-2016, 05:57 PM
All of these grand ideas start with axing Bracky Brett.

blacklistedbully
07-18-2016, 06:50 PM

Any more?

5. Provide vastly upgraded new car, "loaners" to key players, recognizing that if he gets caught, he may have to miss s few games, but at least we'll have him the rest of his college career.

6. Offer no-interest "loans" with no pay back deadline to key players. They only have to pay it back if they get caught.

gravedigger
07-18-2016, 07:06 PM
I think reasonable minds can agree with this

I think reasonable minds disagree with this. We are better. We've won without it. Championships won without being earned are not championships. But they are for some.

God love them

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2016, 07:53 PM
I think reasonable minds disagree with this. We are better. We've won without it. Championships won without being earned are not championships. But they are for some.

God love them

is it cheating if it isn't against the rules?

Just as a school principle determines what is and what isn't against the rules, due to what he suspends students for, the NCAA determines what is and is not against the rules, due to how they sanction teams.

lastmajordog
07-18-2016, 08:01 PM

That's not what CJ Johnson said....!!!!!

Dawgology
07-18-2016, 08:12 PM
All of these grand ideas start with axing Bracky Brett.

You know Bracky is probably sweating this all more than UNM is!

dawg27
07-19-2016, 09:25 AM

But freeze said they did no mean to cheat. Was not on purpose.

maroonmania
07-19-2016, 09:42 AM

God love them

If that's the case then very, very few college football championships have been "earned". UNM is certainly not the only ones out there cheating pretty consistently, granted, they seem to have taken it to a new level but they are not alone. A large portion of the top end recruits are looking for something and you can't really compete for a NC without a decent amount of that type talent on your team.

dawg27
07-19-2016, 01:24 PM
I got a ncaa question? For those of u that know more about the ncaa investigation process than i do, why is the ncaa taking so long and is that a good think or bad? It seems that the schools that have got popped here lately has been a slap on the wrist,it seems to me it has been awhile since a school has been hit hard, that self imposed crap that the bears put out, the ncaa does not have to accept that right? I have heard so much stuff on what the ncaa can and cant do. they have 8 level ones i think, i mean if that is not enough to get a couple years bowl ban then what is.

blacklistedbully
07-19-2016, 02:35 PM
I think this makes a ton of sense as well, but would add showcauses for Freeze, Kiffin, Nix, etc. Basically, I don't believe the NCAA should be out to destroy Ole Miss' football program or university, but I think the fair thing to do is to set them back to where they were before Freeze got there. No more, no less. If Freeze's program was built through illegal benefits, then the people involved should be terminated & the program reset to where it was before he got there.

If the setback is, "no less" than where they were before, then it encourages cheating. What do you think their fans prefer...several continuous years of sucking with no end in sight, or a few years of sucking, followed by a few years of top-notch-recruiting, high-end bowls, highest ranking since integration, a SB trophy (albeit it a watered-down one), followed by a return to exactly where they were before the cheating?

"Give me door #2, Bob!" ALL DAY LONG.

Reason2succeed
07-19-2016, 02:56 PM
It's taking a long time because like a police investigating a crime scene every time the NCAA has packed up their bags to leave Oxford they have tripped over the body of a dead prostitute on the way out of the door.

It's not because OM has such a beautiful campus or that OM's compliance staff "invited" them back.

No, it's because the more the NCAA digs the more they find. That's why they sent an NOA, received a response and are STILL INVESTIGATING.

OM will be hammered just because of the sheer volume of infractions. Unlike the past the NCAA now has a matrix to follow for punishment.

Even by a miracle of the false prophet Hugh Freeze the best that OM can hope for is mitigated circumstances on every violation. That's unlikely because what excuse can you make for all these "mistakes". But even if that were to happen the mitigated punishments would still add up to substantial penalties.

Remember Level 1 means that the violation "threatens the integrity" of amateurism. They threatened the integrity of the sport 8 times and there is more to come after the completion of the ongoing investigation.

Anyone saying OM isn't going to get hammered has either been deluded by the NCAA's past, OM's "superiority" or is blowing smoke up your butt.