PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Holloway is the future of our backfield

fmbdawg17
07-18-2016, 01:16 AM
Been watching some replays from 2015... Brandon Holloway is the future of our backfield. Yes he's small, but he's got speed and the unteachable abilities to make men miss. Shump can't keep a handle on the ball and can't run through a hole the size of OM's after the NCAA is done with them. I'll be some kind of pissed if he sees any significant ball carrying time next year. All Holloway needs is blocking help.

Taog Redloh
07-18-2016, 08:55 AM
He's OK but we've got to have another big back step up. Got to.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Aeris IMO is the future of our backfield. Gibson will challenge him as the season goes on. Holloway has a very important role in our offense but he isn't the future of our backfield.

Dawgology
07-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Nice troll job. Understated, simple, and effective.

preachermatt83
07-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Then we are in trouble

QuadrupleOption
07-18-2016, 10:01 AM
I like Holloway's skillset - his ability to get to the edges and his pass-catching are very nice.

But, we've got to have someone back there that can smash into the line and carry some folks with them for a couple of yards. I don't know who that is but surely we have someone who can make it rain.

GTHOM
07-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Hes not an every down back but hes a hell of a player and Im glad hes on our team

msbulldog
07-18-2016, 10:09 AM
If we would use Aeris more, the opposing defenses couldn't focus on Holloway making him more dangerous.

Coackjek
07-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Hes not an every down back but hes a hell of a player and Im glad hes on our team

Agreed, he doesn't have the body to take the every down beating but can't be denied that he finds a way to get yardage when needed. Don't understand the disdain for the guy when he is given a hole to run through and expected to run over a 250 lb middle lb and gets drilled. He's not going to truck anyone.

dawg27
07-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Been watching some replays from 2015... Brandon Holloway is the future of our backfield. Yes he's small, but he's got speed and the unteachable abilities to make men miss. Shump can't keep a handle on the ball and can't run through a hole the size of OM's after the NCAA is done with them. I'll be some kind of pissed if he sees any significant ball carrying time next year. All Holloway needs is blocking help.

That is what all of our backs need is blocking,

Jarius
07-18-2016, 10:22 AM
A. Williams is our back of the future. He looked really good in the scrimmages I watched. Holloway is a great change of pace back and he has gotten much better at catching the football which makes him more dangerous as well.

Behrdawg
07-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Hmmmm

TrapGame
07-18-2016, 12:03 PM
I think we will see Holloway used very deceptively this season. That's because Dan will tailor the play book for his starting QB like he always does. If it's Fitz (which I think it will be) will see more of the old 2010 Relf offense with much better passing. It will be more of a Spread look giving Holloway a better chance to catch a crease that his size and speed can utilize.

RAYn_Man
07-18-2016, 01:45 PM
I'd love to see Aeris and Holloway in a two back backfield

chef dixon
07-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Hope Aeris has made a jump or you guys have lost your mind

DownwardDawg
07-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Nice troll job. Understated, simple, and effective.

This. It was a quality job.

HoopsDawg
07-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Hope Aeris has made a jump or you guys have lost your mind

Agree. I just don't see the combo of size, explosiveness, and quickness from any of our current backs. Kylin Hill is probably the future of our backfield if I had to name one guy.

Jarius
07-18-2016, 03:07 PM
I watched him in 2 scrimmages this spring and he looked like the best back we had both times. He didn't do much in the spring game but I don't put a lot of stock into that.

Bothrops
07-18-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm not concerned about the players we have, I'm concerned about who plays the most.

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Aeris IMO is the future of our backfield. Gibson will challenge him as the season goes on. Holloway has a very important role in our offense but he isn't the future of our backfield.

I still say Aeris is more likely to be Shump 2.0. He doesn't have a great first step, doesn't make guys miss, and isn't fast enough with his top end to run away from the D.

Reason2succeed
07-19-2016, 08:48 AM
I watched Nick Gibson's senior hudl and was impressed by his ability to find the hole and get through traffic. He has a good spin move and a stiff arm. His speed is alright but his vision is what makes him special. I think he could be our main back of he picks up blocking assignments like Knox requires.

archdog
07-19-2016, 10:58 AM

The correct answer in my opinion. This guy does what none of us would even do, carry the ball on the inside against grown man defenses and he even gains some yards there. Now there is not a single person on either team, including some kickers that he could run over, but that is not what we are asking him to do. BHolloway is fast, shifty, and small. He is effective, so I say play him.

Now, I would like to get another back up to speed that is a traditional type of running back to gain the tough yards. I miss seeing Dixon break through the line and finding daylight. Running people over, etc.

Prentis
07-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Brandon Holloway is not a sec back. From what I've seen Nick Gibson is ready to pop. As far as blocking is concerned who has Brandon Holloway ever blocked?

Bothrops
07-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Holloway is not an every down player. He's plenty capable of making big plays as a RB in the SEC.

sleepy dawg
07-19-2016, 03:49 PM
This. It was a quality job.

Yeah, this post seems suspicious. Holloway is a good player, and hardworking. However, your description of him isn't completely accurate.

TUSK
07-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Then we are in trouble

A bunch.