PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Recruitment of Willie Gay

DeviousDawg
07-17-2016, 06:28 PM
1. Willie is not AJ Brown. He has been said to be better friends with Kobe Jones. No matter where he ends up I will not dislike him, he is a good kid who is gonna make his own decision. You won't see him cruising through Starkville with a brand new red Charger.

2. The day he committed to Ole Miss he also committed to our coaching staff. That's fact, take it for what it's worth.

3. A commitment in college football is nothing more than a word today. Recall the recruitments of Leo Lewis, Nick Brassell and Kailo Moore.

4. Most importantly, don't forget that Ole Miss fans and coaches will use words on websites and Twitter as recruiting tools against us. If you feel like saying any negative words about him, keep them to yourselves and remember, the easiest way to save face is to shut the lower half.

benbow
07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Good post deviousDawg. Willie Gay is indeed a good kid. He has great skills and busts his ass on every play. That said there is something entirely mysterious surrounding the state of affairs at Starkville High. One way or another we have to know what it is and I assure you it is more than Starkville kids wanting to leave town.

Behrdawg
07-17-2016, 09:32 PM
This is what's going on:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?45711-Kevin-Farmer-at-Starkville-High-School

Todd4State
07-17-2016, 11:26 PM
This is what's going on:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?45711-Kevin-Farmer-at-Starkville-High-School

Priority one should be making sure Gay gets to Big Dawg Camp this weekend.

Priority 1A is making sure that Gillespe is out of Starkville by December.

Dawgology
07-18-2016, 07:21 AM

This exactly. If Bulldogs that carry a vote in that district don't make phone calls and send emails then they are a bunch of pussies and deserve it. Unacceptable to let that shit slide in your back yard.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-18-2016, 07:25 AM

Do you really think it matters at this point? He has a relationship with these guys now and it's not going to change his decision. Hell his gf is going to OM and he was throwing up the landshark at AJ's commitment last year. If he's putting on an act he needs an award, but I think he's all rebel. Good luck to the kid in every other game except the egg bowl.

msstate7
07-18-2016, 07:33 AM
I'm about sick of talking about this either way. Tyler dunning is an olb current commit with offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, lsu, Miami, Tennessee, and others... Let's get excited about a good olb commit we got rather than the one we didn't.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm about sick of talking about this either way. Tyler dunning is an olb current commit with offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, lsu, Miami, Tennessee, and others... Let's get excited about a good olb commit we have rather than the one we didn't.

Dunning is a stud recruit, and one to be proud of. However, he will not play the same position as Gay, he will push inside while Gay will stay outside.

Before its all said and done, Gay will be a Dawg. Just let it play out.

Jarius
07-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Dunning is a stud recruit, and one to be proud of. However, he will not play the same position as Gay, he will push inside while Gay will stay outside.

Before its all said and done, Gay will be a Dawg. Just let it play out.

All do respect, we heard this all last year about Brown and Lashley. I hope you are right, but I won't hold my breath.

thf24
07-18-2016, 08:52 AM
All do respect, we heard this all last year about Brown and Lashley. I hope you are right, but I won't hold my breath.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but this strikes me as more of a Leo Lewis situation, even though Leo isn't from Starkville.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-18-2016, 08:57 AM
But he is only a 3 star...Gay is a 4 star....*******

Jarius
07-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but this strikes me as more of a Leo Lewis situation, even though Leo isn't from Starkville.

Maybe so. It would be a very good surprise. I have heard that he is going to drop OM if the sanctions come out before signing day and they are as bad as we all expect them to be. I'm not sure if that is true or not. I don't think the sanctions will be out by then anyway, but if the 2nd letter comes by then maybe it could change some things in recruiting.

thf24
07-18-2016, 09:08 AM
Maybe so. It would be a very good surprise. I have heard that he is going to drop OM if the sanctions come out before signing day and they are as bad as we all expect them to be. I'm not sure if that is true or not. I don't think the sanctions will be out by then anyway, but if the 2nd letter comes by then maybe it could change some things in recruiting.

What makes me think he's not solid to OM is that it makes absolutely no sense for a highly-rated Starkville kid to commit to them this early in the process. He has nothing to gain from it, and is going to have to take shit all around his hometown for eight months if sticks with them. He doesn't have to worry about holding a spot with them; they would absolutely make room on signing day for a 4-star from Starkville for no other reason to win the press conference. This can't be what it seems. Not saying it's an orchestrated flip, but I honestly feel like that's more likely than him being 100% set on OM at this point given the circumstances.

Spiderman
07-18-2016, 09:17 AM
What makes me think he's not solid to OM is that it makes absolutely no sense for a highly-rated Starkville kid to commit to them this early in the process. He has nothing to gain from it, and is going to have to take shit all around his hometown for eight months if sticks with them. He doesn't have to worry about holding a spot with them; they would absolutely make room on signing day for a 4-star from Starkville for no other reason to win the press conference. This can't be what it seems. Not saying it's an orchestrated flip, but I honestly feel like that's more likely than him being 100% set on OM at this point given the circumstances.

As of now, it is what it seems.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 09:20 AM

It should not be forgotten that he committed to our staff just before committing to OM publicly. Watch carefully this weekend. If Gay makes it to BDC Friday, that should be all you need to know.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-18-2016, 09:26 AM

I may be in the minority here but if his (or anyone's) decision to come to State is hinged on OM getting sanctions, I say thanks but no thanks. You are either a Mississippi State Bulldog or you're not! We don't want someone here that don't really want to be here.

cheewgumm
07-18-2016, 09:32 AM
I'll never believe "he's a dawg, jist wait " again, after last year.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 09:37 AM
I may be in the minority here but if his (or anyone's) decision to come to State is hinged on OM getting sanctions, I say thanks but no thanks. You are either a Mississippi State Bulldog or your not! We don't want someone here that don't really want to be here.

This is recruiting, you take the best you can get, however you can get them. Either way, Gay's decision won't be based on OM's sanctions.

maroonmania
07-18-2016, 09:52 AM
I may be in the minority here but if his (or anyone's) decision to come to State is hinged on OM getting sanctions, I say thanks but no thanks. You are either a Mississippi State Bulldog or your not! We don't want someone here that don't really want to be here.

Somewhat feel the same way in that if Gay truly wants to go to the Bears bad enough to go ahead and commit to them this early even knowing the shitstorm that's about to hit there plus is willing to deal with the local backlash then I'm not going to lose any sleep in him leaving. If that crowd up there is who he really wants to associate with he may not be someone that would fit well in our program anyway.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Somewhat feel the same way in that if Gay truly wants to go to the Bears bad enough to go ahead and commit to them this early even knowing the shitstorm that's about to hit there plus is willing to deal with the local backlash then I'm not going to lose any sleep in him leaving. If that crowd up there is who he really wants to associate with he may not be someone that would fit well in our program anyway.

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about that needs to stay off the board. Reserve your judgement for Gay until signing day. He might just end up being one of your favorite Dawgs. Again, he is not AJ Brown.

Tripp McNeely
07-18-2016, 10:15 AM

^^^This

Jarius
07-18-2016, 10:17 AM
I may be in the minority here but if his (or anyone's) decision to come to State is hinged on OM getting sanctions, I say thanks but no thanks. You are either a Mississippi State Bulldog or you're not! We don't want someone here that don't really want to be here.

I will take the best players we can get however we can get them. When they are making great plays for us I won't care about any of the other nonsense. I also have no clue if what I heard is actually true and apologize if that got anyone stirred up. He can go where he pleases, but going there with what is about to happen at that place is really ignorant.

GreenheadDawg
07-18-2016, 10:19 AM
As of now, it is what it seems.

Spiderman to the rebel rescue!!

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 10:25 AM
And right on que, Paul Jones posted an expected list of BDC visitors with Willie Gay included. Think about it like this, why would our coaches want him at BDC if they actually believe that he committed to Ole Miss the same day he committed to our staff?

Jarius
07-18-2016, 10:27 AM
And right on que, Paul Jones posted an expected list of BDC visitors with Willie Gay included. Think about it like this, why would our coaches want him at BDC if they actually believe that he committed to Ole Miss the same day he committed to our staff?

That sounds good. Hopefully this was a Leo situation.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-18-2016, 10:52 AM
I will take the best players we can get however we can get them. When they are making great plays for us I won't care about any of the other nonsense. I also have no clue if what I heard is actually true and apologize if that got anyone stirred up. He can go where he pleases, but going there with what is about to happen at that place is really ignorant.

Yes. But from some 17-18 years olds POV, If they are offered money or a freaking car, they dont give 2 shits what is about to happen just as long as the deal goes through.

maroonmania
07-18-2016, 11:09 AM
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about that needs to stay off the board. Reserve your judgement for Gay until signing day. He might just end up being one of your favorite Dawgs. Again, he is not AJ Brown.

That was pretty mild to be worried about keeping off the board. With everything going on up there with the NCAA mess and just generally being a part of the Hotty Toddy crowd, IF he stills truly wants to go up there (and I don't know what he really wants) then he should go. Hopefully, in the end, he decides he doesn't want to be a part of that and wants to be at MSU. I mean what's offensive about any of that? Its no doubt two very different cultures.

Bodaski
07-18-2016, 11:22 AM
I look at our recruiting of his position after he committed, more as a gauge of how the staff honestly feels about a flip. So I'm not sold one way or the other yet.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 11:40 AM
That was pretty mild to be worried about keeping off the board. With everything going on up there with the NCAA mess and just generally being a part of the Hotty Toddy crowd, IF he stills truly wants to go up there (and I don't know what he really wants) then he should go. Hopefully, in the end, he decides he doesn't want to be a part of that and wants to be at MSU. I mean what's offensive about any of that? Its no doubt two very different cultures.

I agree, mild and probably no big deal, but let's just refrain from characterizing or judging Gay until signing day.

basedog
07-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Maybe he wants to stay at the Inn one weekend, Christmas could come early for some.

DeviousDawg
07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Maybe he wants to stay at the Inn one weekend, Christmas could come early for some.

You may be right, Willie does qualify for the Inn's special offer:

"Are you a 4 or 5 star? Do you like partying, women and plentiful shade trees? If so, come stay two nights FREE and get $10,000!!!"

Would be a hard offer to turn down.