PDA

View Full Version : Reports that Chris Smith died tonight

Really Clark?
07-16-2016, 12:51 AM
Possibly shot and killed in Meridian. Prayers to his family and friends. Hate to see that

klong-dog
07-16-2016, 04:08 AM
So terrible to hear if true.

Reason2succeed
07-16-2016, 07:00 AM
What?!? OMG!

Dawgface
07-16-2016, 07:28 AM
There is a report of a shooting last night. No details or names at this point.

http://www.wtok.com/content/news/387061951.html

MadisonDawg
07-16-2016, 07:46 AM
It's coming out on Twitter that it was Chris. Always hate hearing about stuff like this. My prayers are with his family as well as his bulldog brothers.

Bdawg
07-16-2016, 09:44 AM
Terrible news of a fallen dawg. I really wish our society could get back on track and stop all this killing stuff. Just tragic, and it happens all the time in our great country. Prayers for his family and kids after losing their father. People are so quick to pull a trigger these days instead of walking away.

Corn Bread
07-16-2016, 09:48 AM
I live in this hell whole. Happens way to often and most of the time not reported. The town has gone to crap. To quote the great C34, the Arm Pit of Mississippi. Meridian

fader2103
07-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Oh man that is horrible

Harrydawg
07-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Chris would have come to State with T. Russell I think. Won a State title for Meridian High as a senior in a great game VS South Panola.

On another note, Meridian has a problem - like a lot of cities..........gangs and drug related violence has been an issue that only seems to be getting worse. I hope that wasn't the case here, not that it matters much now

smootness
07-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Chris would have come to State with T. Russell I think.

Huh? He did.

Reason2succeed
07-16-2016, 10:14 AM
As a country we have got to do something about our violent culture. No one thinks that it is going to affect them until it does. None of us are safe. People of goodwill from every perspective need to come together and figure this issue out of it is going to destroy our country. I've travelled all over the world and I can tell you that it is not common to have murder stories on the news EVERY SINGLE NIGHT in EVERY SINGLE CITY. We must do something.

NCDawg
07-16-2016, 11:18 AM
I live in this hell whole. Happens way to often and most of the time not reported. The town has gone to crap. To quote the great C34, the Arm Pit of Mississippi. Meridian

I grew up in Meridian-went to high school there many years ago.. It used to be a great city to grow up in. Seems as if everything changed starting in the early 70's.

archdog
07-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Nothing has changed. Every generation has the same issues. It is well documented that every generation thinks the previous is much worse. This has happened before and it will happen again, just in today's media it gets played out 24/7 on multiple platforms. Given the frequency of events is slightly up, but given the growth of population and media, this may be just a situation of everyone hearing about every murder constantly.

archdog
07-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Why the hell was he even involved with those people in the first place. Man has a college degree.

djaymsu5
07-16-2016, 12:20 PM
I grew up in Meridian-went to high school there many years ago.. It used to be a great city to grow up in. Seems as if everything changed starting in the early 70's.

The gang violence got worse here after Katrina. A ton of the violence followed the people that moved to Meridian from New Orleans. Not saying that's where it all came from but it definetly got worse after Katrina.

maroonmania
07-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Goodness, brings back the horrible memories of Darren Williams dying in the same way over in Georgia I believe.

Really Clark?
07-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Nothing has changed. Every generation has the same issues. It is well documented that every generation thinks the previous is much worse. This has happened before and it will happen again, just in today's media it gets played out 24/7 on multiple platforms. Given the frequency of events is slightly up, but given the growth of population and media, this may be just a situation of everyone hearing about every murder constantly.

It's actually reverse what many think. The number of violent crime and murder rates have actually been decreasing since the early 1990's. The 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's were all higher (much higher for the vast majority of the years) than the last 5 years (2014 is the last rates published). In fact in 2014, the last numbers released, was just about half the rate of 1980. So you have to ask your self why is the perception that murder and violent crimes are higher now compared to other decades? Instantaneous reporting of the events and social media. Everyone with a phone are now able to give us video feed of an event. I won't touch issues with the actual news media and how they report things.

Reason2succeed
07-16-2016, 12:40 PM
For the record I never said that things are worse than what they used to be. I know the statistics are going down. My comparison was with other developed countries that I have traveled to our country is the least safe. I guess some people are okay with the way things are and don't want to inconvenience themselves with the hard work of change. I'm just not one of those people.

Prayers to the family, friends, coaches and teammates of Chris Smith.

Bothrops
07-16-2016, 12:40 PM
He was a good one. Just awful. RIP

Duckdog
07-16-2016, 12:43 PM
It's actually reverse what many think. The number of violent crime and murder rates have actually been decreasing since the early 1990's. The 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's where all higher (much higher for the vast majority of the years) than the last 5 years (2014 is the last rates published). In fact in 2014, the last numbers released, was just about half the rate of 1980. So you have to ask your self why is the perception that murder and violent crimes are higher now compared to other decades? Instantaneous reporting of the events and social media. Everyone with a phone are now able to give us video feed of an event. I won't touch issues with the actual news media and how they report things.

Exactly and the media pushing this crap to make a buck and an agenda

Commercecomet24
07-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Prayers for his family! So sad and tragic! Grew up in meridian graduated from mhs in '83. It used to be a great place to live and grow up. It's changed dramatically. I go there for business several times a year and it's not the same place I grew up. Sad.

blacklistedbully
07-16-2016, 01:14 PM
As a country we have got to do something about our violent culture. No one thinks that it is going to affect them until it does. None of us are safe. People of goodwill from every perspective need to come together and figure this issue out of it is going to destroy our country. I've travelled all over the world and I can tell you that it is not common to have murder stories on the news EVERY SINGLE NIGHT in EVERY SINGLE CITY. We must do something.

Perhaps we could begin by cutting back on the hyperbole?

Reason2succeed
07-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Perhaps we could begin by cutting back on the hyperbole?

I wish it were hyperbole. So do the family and friends of the fallen.

THE Bruce Dickinson
07-16-2016, 02:25 PM
I wish it were hyperbole. So do the family and friends of the fallen.

Totally the least safe. Let's book a trip to Nice, France. *

Reason2succeed
07-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Totally the least safe. Let's book a trip to Nice, France. *

And how many terrorist attacks have we had in the US?!? If you're going to chime in to make an argument at least make a half way decent one. France has had two major terrorist attacks but we have had more than that plus daily murders every day.

Really Clark?
07-16-2016, 03:06 PM
And how many terrorist attacks have we had in the US?!? If you're going to chime in to make an argument at least make a half way decent one. France has had two major terrorist attacks but we have had more than that plus daily murders every day.

Actually the global terrorist rate per country has us and France as nearly identical. UK is higher than both of us. But let's end this debate in this thread and concentrate on prayer, the light of love, and the loss of a former great Bulldog and the hurt his family is feeling.

I seen it dawg
07-16-2016, 06:34 PM
It's actually reverse what many think. The number of violent crime and murder rates have actually been decreasing since the early 1990's. The 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's were all higher (much higher for the vast majority of the years) than the last 5 years (2014 is the last rates published). In fact in 2014, the last numbers released, was just about half the rate of 1980. So you have to ask your self why is the perception that murder and violent crimes are higher now compared to other decades? Instantaneous reporting of the events and social media. Everyone with a phone are now able to give us video feed of an event. I won't touch issues with the actual news media and how they report things.

Dingy ding ding. But muther****ers stop shooting people. It's ****ing stupid.

Goldendawg
07-16-2016, 06:43 PM
Prayers sent for the Smith family. Any details on what happened? Clarion "Liar" has an article and I have some free articles, but I hate to click and read.

TimberBeast
07-16-2016, 09:09 PM

Terrorism isn't the problem in this country yet, we're going to get there though because of liberals. The violent crime and senseless killing problem in this country comes down to basically one thing, but we can't talk about it. If we can't even mention it, we damn sure aren't going to fix it.

I seen it dawg
07-16-2016, 09:40 PM
The problem is too many stupid shitty people on the planet. And they should be euthanized.