PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting class of '16

msstate7
07-16-2016, 12:08 AM
I see hankerson, dareuan Parker, and Nero Nelson aren't listed as enrolled. Is this correct? If so, what's up with them?

Are Spencer, Kobe jones, Erroll Thompson, and Christian Roberson expected to play this year or RS?

I assume Morgan-walker will play. Think he can be an impact guy as a true freshman?

mic
07-16-2016, 07:30 AM
I see hankerson, dareuan Parker, and Nero Nelson aren't listed as enrolled. Is this correct? If so, what's up with them?

Are Spencer, Kobe jones, Erroll Thompson, and Christian Roberson expected to play this year or RS?

I assure Morgan-walker will play. Think he can be an impact guy as a true freshman?

1. Hank -prep school.. Nero- juco.. Parker not sure..
2. I would say all redshirt ..
3. Yes and yes..

djaymsu5
07-16-2016, 08:33 AM
I think Spencer, Kobe, and Errol could play but I don't think Mullen will play them. Only reason Morgan-Walker got the chance in my opinion was because he was an EE. I know this sounds bad but I'm glad Deonte Evans transferred. I think Errol could back up Leo and be damned good he's already got the body to. Whether he learns the schemes between now and the first game who knows. Spencer prolly needs to beef up some. He's got a great frame but will need to add muscle. Same with Kobe.

Tbonewannabe
07-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Could Spencer be a 3rd down pass rusher? I know people think he flew under the radar and he might have the speed to help immediately.

Bdawg
07-16-2016, 09:32 AM
I thought I heard somewhere Parker expects to be here in August. Had a little work to do through the summer first.

Dawgfan77
07-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Could Spencer be a 3rd down pass rusher? I know people think he flew under the radar and he might have the speed to help immediately.
He will be. He is built for the viper role. This kid is going to be special. Watch his videos and remember he is 17

HancockCountyDog
07-16-2016, 10:27 AM
I think Spencer, Kobe, and Errol could play but I don't think Mullen will play them. Only reason Morgan-Walker got the chance in my opinion was because he was an EE. I know this sounds bad but I'm glad Deonte Evans transferred. I think Errol could back up Leo and be damned good he's already got the body to. Whether he learns the schemes between now and the first game who knows. Spencer prolly needs to beef up some. He's got a great frame but will need to add muscle. Same with Kobe.

I really think Errol ends up on the line. Just my opinion.

I haven't heard anything on Parker, I assume it's just a late clearance issue. We need him here otherwise we signed two OL this past year.

With all the talk of the Bears looming sanctions we may only have 18 new kids coming in this year assuming Parker comes in late. That includes the signing of Todd and Charles who we picked up late.

That means we only signed 15 kids in February that will be here? Also out of that 15, five showed up in January. So 10 kids that we signed in February will be here in August.

That is self imposed sanctions.

shrimp
07-16-2016, 10:49 AM

I haven't heard anything on Parker, I assume it's just a late clearance issue. We need him here otherwise we signed two OL this past year.

With all the talk of the Bears looming sanctions we may only have 18 new kids coming in this year assuming Parker comes in late. That includes the signing of Todd and Charles who we picked up late.

That means we only signed 15 kids in February that will be here? Also out of that 15, five showed up in January. So 10 kids that we signed in February will be here in August.

I thought that about Erroll, too, when he signed. But the pics I've seen of him recently, he looks like he has transformed his body into a LB body. Hopefully he has the speed to stay at LB.

HSVDawg
07-16-2016, 11:35 AM

Not to mention we only had in the neighborhood of 80 or 81 guys at the beginning of fall camp last year. Self-imposed sanctions indeed.

HoopsDawg
07-16-2016, 11:36 AM

That would be funny if not so sad.

HancockCountyDog
07-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Not to mention we only had in the neighborhood of 80 or 81 guys at the beginning of fall camp last year. Self-imposed sanctions indeed.

Anyone know what our total number is now? I'm guessing around 80.

I just went back and counted and giving both kickers scholarships, we are at 80 overall.

Jarius
07-16-2016, 11:48 AM
That depends on where we are with the roster. You can't sign and keep 25 each year or you will be 15 (or more with redshirt seniors) over the 85 man limit. I don't know our roster situation that well though.

HancockCountyDog
07-16-2016, 12:01 PM
That depends on where we are with the roster. You can't sign and keep 25 each year or you will be 15 (or more with redshirt seniors) over the 85 man limit. I don't know our roster situation that well though.

I just counted, we are at 80, and I gave each kicker a scholarship.

I think we had room for at least 5-7 more and that doesn't even count some good attrition that we could have used.

This recruiting cycle is just critical to the future of the program if we are going to take advantage of the situation up north.

HSVDawg
07-16-2016, 12:54 PM
This recruiting cycle is just critical to the future of the program if we are going to take advantage of the situation up north.

Yep. Top 20 class with at least 30 signees (with 5 counting back to last year) should be the absolute minimum expectation.

Dawgfan77
07-16-2016, 01:22 PM
I just counted, we are at 80, and I gave each kicker a scholarship.

I think we had room for at least 5-7 more and that doesn't even count some good attrition that we could have used.

We decided to keep more for JUCO's and EE this year. Do i think it was smart doing what we did this ? No but with the amount of JUCO's we have ins with I think it works out. 3 or 4 JUCO DL and OL this was the year to do so. RUmor is we may add one more late signee from GA. Keep you posted

Jarius
07-16-2016, 05:08 PM
I am totally with you guys on the recruiting, but after a small class we had the 27th ranked composite class in the country according to 247. Just remember where we were and where we are now. 27 used to be something we would celebrate. Our "star average" is pretty good. We had a really good class 2 years ago and should have a really good one this year. If our "bad class" is 27 we will continue to improve.

HancockCountyDog
07-16-2016, 05:18 PM
We decided to keep more for JUCO's and EE this year. Do i think it was smart doing what we did this ? No but with the amount of JUCO's we have ins with I think it works out. 3 or 4 JUCO DL and OL this was the year to do so. RUmor is we may add one more late signee from GA. Keep you posted

We didn't decide to go juco heavy, we have to go juco heavy. There were about 7 guys we would have taken if they had wanted to come.

Jarius
07-16-2016, 05:24 PM
I think our coaches got caught with their pants down on AJ Brown and Lashley. Especially Lashley. We get those 2 and we probably have a top 20 class with a lot of leftover schollies for this year. You just can't let that garbage happen. Willie Gay going to Ole Miss this year is also unacceptable. We have to do whatever it takes to keep our home turf safe. I understand that Ole Miss and Bama cheat, but we also sign some highly rated guys and they don't all come here for free.

HancockCountyDog
07-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Out of state is crucial this year. The in state talent is down.

Thank god for T-Buck.

msbulldog
07-16-2016, 07:56 PM
It seems that the new coaches are expanding our recruiting footprint and this is real good.
There are a lot of good players in Fl, Ga, La and Tx that aren't getting signed by in-state schools
Plus the NFL background of the new coaches is very attractive to the recruits that think they have a chance to go to The Big Show, which is most of them.