PDA

View Full Version : Aj brown signs with padres

gravedigger
07-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Hmmm

starkvegasdawg
07-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Does that mean he just told Bucky thanks for the sweet ride, I'll be cruising the beach in it?

stalkingpoon
07-15-2016, 05:01 PM
His dad wants him to play baseball.

FISHDAWG
win the day .... lose the month**

gravedigger
Does that mean he just told Bucky thanks for the sweet ride, I'll be cruising the beach in it?

Good question.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2016, 05:05 PM
It's an Anthony Alford type deal. He's still playing football but he'll play summer league baseball with the Padres.

Todd4State
07-15-2016, 05:09 PM
It's an Anthony Alford type deal. He's still playing football but he'll play summer league baseball with the Padres.

And that usually doesn't work out. You can't serve two masters unless you are Bo Jackson.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2016, 05:15 PM
He's not going to play baseball. The Padres just gave him money to reserve his rights for future years in case football doesn't work out. He'll be playing football at OM

msstate7
07-15-2016, 05:28 PM
And that usually doesn't work out. You can't serve two masters unless you are Bo Jackson.

Or prime time

Jacksondevildog
07-15-2016, 05:35 PM
He can play professional baseball and college football. I'm not being an ass, but I don't know why some on here in 2016 don't understand that. He will play for them in the summer once school is out. Anthony Alford did this for them recently.

msstate7
07-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Any word on how much?

Dawg61
07-15-2016, 05:38 PM
He can play professional baseball and college football. I'm not being an ass, but I don't know why some on here in 2016 don't understand that. He will play for them in the summer once school is out. Anthony Alford did this for them recently.

Well it's probably cause 99% of players that sign pro ball don't also play college football. So everyone assumes he's in the 99% till told otherwise.

Jacksondevildog
07-15-2016, 05:42 PM
AJ brown's future is in the NFL, Not MLB. He knows this, but I don't blame him for taking the cash.

Dawg61
07-15-2016, 05:43 PM
I'll believe AJ's dumbass will come back to Oxford, Mississippi in the fall after spending the summer in California when I see it happen. He gone!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-15-2016, 05:48 PM
I'll believe AJ's dumbass will come back to Oxford, Mississippi in the fall after spending the summer in California when I see it happen. He gone!

ordinarily I wouldnt agree with you but considering the shit storm going on up there you may be right. He would be a damn fool to stay.

msstate7
07-15-2016, 05:56 PM

Only way I see that happening is if om doesn't keep up the promised payments once he's enrolled. Even then, aj may transfer rather than drop football

Homedawg
07-15-2016, 06:13 PM

He won't be spending the summer in California. He will be in rookie ball, and he will be in Oxford in the falls. Whatever the Padres spent on him it was too much. He's not a great baseball player.

msstate7
07-15-2016, 06:18 PM
He won't be spending the summer in California. He will be in rookie ball, and he will be in Oxford in the falls. Whatever the Padres spent on him it was too much. He's not a great baseball player.

I just don't understand it from the Padres' perspective. Why not draft and use that money on a college player that has a little potential rather than a kid that wants to play football?

msstate7
07-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Off topic, but this reminded me of manziel being drafted. Wonder if that offer from an MLB team is still on the table.

Todd4State
07-15-2016, 06:26 PM
I just don't understand it from the Padres' perspective. Why not draft and use that money on a college player that has a little potential rather than a kid that wants to play football?

Because they may look smart in seven years if he actually pans out. 1% chance of that happening but it's a 19th round pick. What do they really have to lose?

HancockCountyDog
07-15-2016, 06:31 PM

I was about today the same thing. Do the Bears have someone in the Padre organization? Because he just got a three year deal worth decent money if I'm hearing right.

Dawg61
07-15-2016, 06:56 PM
Off topic, but this reminded me of manziel being drafted. Wonder if that offer from an MLB team is still on the table.

Padres drafted Manziel too. I'm starting to see why the Padres always suck. They value their picks like you value marrying a stripper from platinum plus.

Jack Lambert
07-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Maybe Freeze told him he could do it and Mullen said no. MIght have been part of the deal.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2016, 07:26 PM
Maybe Freeze told him he could do it and Mullen said no. MIght have been part of the deal.

Not at all because they were all in selling him on playing for Bianco.

KB21
07-15-2016, 08:41 PM
I was about today the same thing. Do the Bears have someone in the Padre organization? Because he just got a three year deal worth decent money if I'm hearing right.

Not sure where you are hearing a three year deal, because all of these players will get 6 full years in the minors before they become minor league free agents. His slot value was also $100,000, so anything above that would come out of the Padres allotment. If he signed for $100,000, it is a sign that he really wants to play baseball.

Homedawg
07-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Not sure where you are hearing a three year deal, because all of these players will get 6 full years in the minors before they become minor league free agents. His slot value was also $100,000, so anything above that would come out of the Padres allotment. If he signed for $100,000, it is a sign that he really wants to play baseball.

No, it's a sign he got paid to do something he will never do...... Big difference. He's a football player. And that's his future. There is a reason the Padres suck...

I seen it dawg
07-15-2016, 09:22 PM
**** that guy

Todd4State
07-15-2016, 09:52 PM

Maybe they spread his bonus out over three years? Normally I think you get whatever your bonus is up front and then you have to live off of that until you make it up to MLB.

Todd4State
07-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Not at all because they were all in selling him on playing for Bianco.

How did that pitch go? Hey, AJ- you're not a pitcher so you probably won't get hurt while you're playing for us?

archdog
07-15-2016, 10:40 PM

Probably.

HancockCountyDog
07-15-2016, 11:10 PM

The way it works is that they normally do 3-5 year deals with kids that have football offers. Whatever the total is, they divide that by the years, and in order for the player to get paid for each year, they have to come play for a period of time during the summer. It varies how much they have to stay during the summer.

I'm hearing a 3 year deal north of 60k. So he gets 20k for going out to summer camps, probably not longer than two weeks. It's a great deal for the player, which makes me wonder if the Bears have someone in the padre organization.

WesternSkyDawg
07-16-2016, 12:13 AM
**** that guy

^^this

msstate7
07-16-2016, 12:16 AM
The way it works is that they normally do 3-5 year deals with kids that have football offers. Whatever the total is, they divide that by the years, and in order for the player to get paid for each year, they have to come play for a period of time during the summer. It varies how much they have to stay during the summer.

I'm hearing a 3 year deal north of 60k. So he gets 20k for going out to summer camps, probably not longer than two weeks. It's a great deal for the player, which makes me wonder if the Bears have someone in the padre organization.

It would just about have to be the gm or owner to go along with something like that. I don't think om could pull something like that off.

redstickdawg
07-16-2016, 08:25 AM
is this a way to legitimize the payments as he is now a professional baseball player and immune to the otherwise amateur rules? Can they now funnel payments to him in the guise of the baseball stuff when it is really coming from TSUN?

mic
07-16-2016, 08:33 AM
**** that guy

Exactly...

Political Hack
07-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Or prime time

He's got the primadonna thing down.

Mutt the Hoople
07-16-2016, 09:02 AM
All this griping and bitching about Brown spurning The Mississippi State University to go to lowly olemiss...and he's gonna play baseball anyway.

smootness
07-16-2016, 10:14 AM
is this a way to legitimize the payments as he is now a professional baseball player and immune to the otherwise amateur rules? Can they now funnel payments to him in the guise of the baseball stuff when it is really coming from TSUN?

Holy crap.