PDA

View Full Version : Serious question on Mississippi NOA

confucius say
07-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Has any program ever been put on probation that included a loss of at least 15 scholarships and a postseason ban and had its head coach keep his job? I'm trying to recall.

DawgHouseUnited
07-15-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't know, but by the way the OM crowd is acting, it will take catching The Rev red handed with 40 dead virgins and GTHOM tattoo'd on his beavertail to get rid of him. Translated: they seem to want to keep all of them (Freeze/Bjork, etc.) even with all the violations and whatnot. They're desperately clinging to the idea that the administration is guilty of nothing worse than a few small "mistakes," so why get rid of such a successful group over those small mistakes that are blown way out of proportion? I don't think the NCAA punishment will make them get rid of The Rev and Co. I think it would take the NCAA virtually doing it themselves.

confucius say
07-15-2016, 04:49 PM
I don't know, but by the way the OM crowd is acting, it will take catching The Rev red handed with 40 dead virgins and GTHOM tattoo'd on his beavertail to get rid of him. Translated: they seem to want to keep all of them (Freeze/Bjork, etc.) even with all the violations and whatnot. They're desperately clinging to the idea that the administration is guilty of nothing worse than a few small "mistakes," so why get rid of such a successful group over those small mistakes that are blown way out of proportion? I don't think the NCAA punishment will make them get rid of The Rev and Co. I think it would take the NCAA virtually doing it themselves.

I agree. Just will be interesting. How do you spin keeping your coach when your program gets hammered like that? (and yes, 15 schollies and a postseason ban is hammered)

Bully13
07-15-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure if I give 2 shits whether he gets canned or not. 20 over 4 and a 2 yr bowl ban will wreck their asses. If Ole Miss has to croot based on the "gentleman's code", they are back to the bottom where those vermin belong. Even to stay mid pack they are forced to go over and beyond normal crootin protocol. If the NCAA comes down on them to the point where they have to play by the rules, then that alone is going to fry their ass.

Scholarship reductions and bowl bans will just get their demise on fastrack. Let's see how well Freeze can coach without cheating. Wouldn't bother me one iota.

JoseBrown
07-15-2016, 05:04 PM
They will keep him for the same reason they hired him. All they will need to do is shuffle around a few boosters. I guess it's like the mob when a captain gets taken out, they will just select from those in line for promotion to captain and have their next booster in that area.

They will justify keeping him because he didn't make the "mistakes", if they are able to negotiate down the "mistakes" he did make. And he just loves the players so much, they couldn't imagine anyone with the same level of sweetness for those guys. Plus he has orphanages in Haiti and Africa, and moving to the MS Delta soon. Lots of big, athletic players in the Delta need jobs and 'hepping' and whatnot.

Liverpooldawg
07-16-2016, 01:31 AM
The only way they will fire Frezze is if they are forced to. The only way they will quit cheating is if they have no program to cheat for.

Political Hack
07-16-2016, 08:59 AM
He will still purchase the best players he can with his remaining 65 scholarships. Their margin for error goes down, but it's not like this is going to stop them from getting Little or Tunsil or Treadwell or Kimchee.

To answer the original post though, this is uncharted territory. I don't think any other university has ever had this many allegations leveled against them in one investigation and now they have a 2nd issue to juggle.

scottycameron
07-16-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure if I give 2 shits whether he gets canned or not. 20 over 4 and a 2 yr bowl ban will wreck their asses. If Ole Miss has to croot based on the "gentleman's code", they are back to the bottom where those vermin belong. Even to stay mid pack they are forced to go over and beyond normal crootin protocol. If the NCAA comes down on them to the point where they have to play by the rules, then that alone is going to fry their ass.

Scholarship reductions and bowl bans will just get their demise on fastrack. Let's see how well Freeze can coach without cheating. Wouldn't bother me one iota.

Pardon me while I point out the gross error in your logic. The NCAA was camped out in the coaches offices this past year and they signed a top 5 class, the best class they have ever signed. What makes you think they'll start playing by the rules AFTER the NCAA leaves? That doesn't make any sense.

Corn Bread
07-16-2016, 09:40 AM
Pardon me while I point out the gross error in your logic. The NCAA was camped out in the coaches offices this past year and they signed a top 5 class, the best class they have ever signed. What makes you think they'll start playing by the rules AFTER the NCAA leaves? That doesn't make any sense.

Is there a 2nd NOI letter forth coming? If so then it's gonna get ugly. But, there bears I know keep telling me not much is going to come of this.

Bully13
07-16-2016, 10:23 AM

Understand what you are talking about. I'm just wondering if the NCAA has any tools at their disposal that would force the confeds into playing ball like the rest.

sandwolf
07-16-2016, 10:46 AM

They will have to tone it way down while they are on probation....they can't risk getting caught during the 'repeat offender' window.

dawg27
07-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Understand what you are talking about. I'm just wondering if the NCAA has any tools at their disposal that would force the confeds into playing ball like the rest.

Unless they get 2 to 3 year bowl ban not much is going to change.My ? is are they going to get a bowl ban.