PDA

View Full Version : Tom Fornelli Names MSU the Nation's Most Disrespected Program

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2016, 12:27 PM
It must be due to recruiting rankings. That's all I can figure. Mullen has done a ton to increase the expectations of MSU fans, but for whatever reason, the SEC media hasn't caught on to the fact that Croom is no longer our coach. It's odd, but we are almost more respected nationally than we are in the SEC foot print. Perhaps that's because nationally people look at things more objectively & are less likely to be biased by old, out dated perceptions.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/friday-five-the-most-disrespected-programs-in-college-football-2016/

Brando
07-15-2016, 01:01 PM
I agree, we are respected more nationally than we are in the SEC if that makes sense.... I cant stand watching SEC network most of the time because its Bama this, Bama that, maybe TN will win this yr, blah, blah, blah... There are only a couple people on SEC network that gives us any credit...

Dawg61
07-15-2016, 01:08 PM
I agree, we are respected more nationally than we are in the SEC if that makes sense.... I cant stand watching SEC network most of the time because its Bama this, Bama that, maybe TN will win this yr, blah, blah, blah... There are only a couple people on SEC network that gives us any credit...

I attribute this to the same reason the Clarion Liar is a problem for us. We don't have MSU grads in these media jobs. It's a problem everyone just keeps ignoring. Name one MSU grad that works for the SECNetwork? I can't think of one.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2016, 01:10 PM
We desperately need to beat Bama. As great as it was beating 3 top ten teams in a row, none of the 3 ended up as great teams. UM gets mileage out of beating Bama and then Bama only having 1 or 2 losses. We need a win against a team that ends up in the top ten at the end of the year.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2016, 01:11 PM
I attribute this to the same reason the Clarion Liar is a problem for us. We don't have MSU grads in these media jobs. It's a problem everyone just keeps ignoring. Name one MSU grad that works for the SECNetwork? I can't think of one.

It is a disgrace that Smoot isn't on the SEC network. There isn't a better talker ever in the SEC.

Dawg61
07-15-2016, 01:19 PM
Difficult to have a voice at the dinner table when we never actually send anyone to sit down and eat. Who do we blame for this? Whose job is it to produce MSU grads in these media jobs?

DawgHouseUnited
07-15-2016, 01:27 PM
We desperately need to beat Bama. As great as it was beating 3 top ten teams in a row, none of the 3 ended up as great teams. UM gets mileage out of beating Bama and then Bama only having 1 or 2 losses. We need a win against a team that ends up in the top ten at the end of the year.

It's funny hearing the "They (ncaa) are just going after OM because OM is beating Bama" story. Conveniently ignoring the timeline of when the NCAA actually began their investigations. As if, after two losses, Darth Saban called up the NCAA last fall and told them to make something up to bring that uppity rebal school to heel.

JoseBrown
07-15-2016, 01:51 PM
We're number 1 !!!!!!!!!

IMissJack
07-15-2016, 03:01 PM
It's simple, we get ZERO positive press from our own State's largest media outlets. Our rival gets ZERO negative press. How do we expect other media to respect our program?

Mutt the Hoople
07-15-2016, 06:04 PM
A lot of it has to do when The Mississippi State University defied the Racist, bucktoothed, Klan Cock Gobbling Ole Miss Legislature, and went to the NCAA basketball tournament. This less than 6 months after the 82nd Airborne bitchslapped Ole Miss because they refused to acknowledge a black man as a human being.

They"ve never forgiven us for caring more for the content of a man's character, not the color of his skin.

Reason2succeed
07-15-2016, 08:25 PM
It's simple, we get ZERO positive press from our own State's largest media outlets. Our rival gets ZERO negative press. How do we expect other media to respect our program?

On top of the fact that we are one of only three states that actually have two SEC programs in them. In Tenn Vanderbilt knows they won't get as much coverage as UT and accepts it.