PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Graveman: Flouting Conventional Wisdom

oildawg
07-15-2016, 11:38 AM
I am enjoying following Kendall Graveman's performance for the A's this year. He had a rough patch (he lost 5 straight starts), and I was afraid he was going to get sent to AAA. But, he has bounced back extremely well. The A's have won the last 6 games that he started (he got 3 of the W's and pitched well enough in the other 3 to allow his team to eventually win).

So far this season, he leads the A's in ERA (4.37) and Innings Pitched (94.2). I think it's really cool to be an established, solid guy in the rotation. Keep fighting, keep competing, keep on establishing yourself as a pitcher at the highest level in the world.

Here is a fascinating article about him:

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2016/7/13/12172990/kendall-graveman-flaunting-conventional-wisdom

somebodyshotmypaw
07-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the article. Good read.

AlmostPositive
07-15-2016, 11:57 AM
The English major in me thanks you for using the appropriate half of flouting/flaunting....

HSVDawg
07-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Really proud of Kendall for sure. But man, how bad does the rest of the staff suck if a 4.37 ERA is best on the ballclub?

MStateME13
07-15-2016, 07:31 PM
Great to see Kendall playing well in the big leagues. Still amazed that he was able to do mechanical engineering and play ball, and he did both well. Great guy

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Exactly....The boy is smart for sure.

JohnnyQuid
07-16-2016, 12:04 AM
doesn't help he's on a terrible team they're near the bottom offensively in all of baseball. be curious what his run support has been in loses

Political Hack
07-16-2016, 08:56 AM
The English major in me thanks you for using the appropriate half of flouting/flaunting....

You's gotten one-ah dem der English dergrees?

Glad to se Graveman doing so well. It's got to be insanely hard to be that productive against MLB bats.

HSVDawg
07-16-2016, 09:51 AM
You's gotten one-ah dem der English dergrees?

Glad to se Graveman doing so well. It's got to be insanely hard to be that productive against MLB bats.

I got to see him pitch in Toronto last year when I was up there for work. He looked a lot like he did with us and was getting a lot of ground balls and pitching to contact. Unfortunately, he didn't get a whole lot of help from the defense in that particular game. Oakland's SS botched an easy double play that would have gotten them out of a jam but instead 2 runs came across to score. Then Coco Crisp let a ball bounce over his head that turned a single into a triple.