PDA

View Full Version : New Article on Freeze

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Just a run down of today's event, but George Schroeder kind of laid it out in a way that makes Freeze look ridiculous.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2016/07/14/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-ncaa-investigation/87092752/

Freeze is clearly playing the we didn't know card & hoping the NCAA will have sympathy & mercy because he's a big christian, the mistakes were not intentional, & since he says he would never attempt to cut a corner. Problem, however, is that even if all that were absolutely true, the NCAA would be opening the most massive loophole in the history of amateur sports by accepting that excuse. As cops say, "Someone has to go to jail." because the moment you have mercy or sympathy for Ole Miss, is the moment 20 other schools break rules & say, "They were mistakes & we didn't intentionally do this". The NCAA has no choice but to set precedent & make it known that breaking the rules is breaking the rules whether it was intentional, not intentional, or even if you are biggest holy roller in existence.

Even if you are the biggest Ole Miss sucker in the world & believe everything Freeze has said, Ole Miss still has to fry in order to be a deterrent to other schools. In a business in which EVERY coach has to take a rule test before being allowed to recruit, mistakes aren't acceptable & there are penalties.

Bodaski
07-14-2016, 11:56 PM
Here's the deal with me about breaking the rules. You, as a certified NCAA coach have to take a course and pass a test. Why does OM say they made mistakes, but yet they didn't report all of the ones they knew about. That came out of Freeze's mouth in his interview with Marty Smith Tuesday. He said,"we reported most of the ones we knew about. Well, why not all of the ones you knew about is my question? When you lying as much as they have, you get confused and can't keep up with the lies and that is where they have found themselves.

TUSK
07-15-2016, 12:03 AM
Here's the deal with me about breaking the rules. You, as a certified NCAA coach have to take a course and pass a test. Why does OM say they made mistakes, but yet they didn't report all of the ones they knew about. That came out of Freeze's mouth in his interview with Marty Smith Tuesday. He said,"we reported most of the ones we knew about. Well, why not all of the ones you knew about is my question? When you lying as much as they have, you get confused and can't keep up with the lies and that is where they have found themselves.

I thought I was the only one that caught that...

ckDOG
07-15-2016, 12:06 AM
If the aww gee shucks defense works, then we are ****ed. We don't know how to cheat.

MedDawg
07-15-2016, 12:44 AM
Just a run down of today's event, but George Schroeder kind of laid it out in a way that makes Freeze look ridiculous.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2016/07/14/hugh-freeze-ole-miss-ncaa-investigation/87092752/

>>>>In the article:

Don't misunderstand. Freeze insists the violations on his watch were mistakes rather than intentional. And what has hurt him most, he admitted, was the implication that he either personally cheated or simply condoned it.

>>>>After that I can't believe Freeze said this:

'Everybody's got a narrative,' he'd said earlier. 'You have one, I have one, our rivals have one.'

The truth, he said, 'is probably somewhere in the middle.'

>>>>>>That's something you say about two or more other people because they may not know your truth, but you don't say that about yourself. Shouldn't his narrative be the truth? He just admitted that he is/has been lying.

Dawgowar
07-15-2016, 06:47 AM
If the aww gee shucks defense works, then we are ****ed. We don't know how to cheat.

It's not. UNM's spin machine is better than most school's by a mile. They own the major outlets in the state. Not even Bama has that going for them. Despite that, they are reduced to arguing for leniency from the COI based on reporting most of what they knew?

The NCAA knows those coaches and administrators took tests. They know they have a compliance department. And the COI is made up of people who have walked the same ground as UNM does without breaking these rules.

For round one they are on approach to their date with the COI. We will see in time how legit the second NOA talk is in due course. Willing to believe there is something to it.

They are scared and nervous right now. It's showing.

Dawgface
07-15-2016, 07:11 AM
He said,"we reported most of the ones we knew about. Well, why not all of the ones you knew about is my question?

I thought I was the only one that caught that...

If you are truly a man of faith, how could you not report all the one's you know about? After all......he's all about doing everything the right way. He is such a hypocrite.

Tripp McNeely
07-15-2016, 11:36 AM
It's been stated before and apparently "bears" repeating...Freeze's knowledge, and/or lack thereof, of underhanded dealings, DOESN'T MATTER!!

Read... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214880/article/chip-kellyera-violations-at-oregon-punished-by-ncaa

TrapGame
07-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Freeze is really going into this kind of territory.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/images/simplejack.jpg

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2016, 11:52 AM
http://truegif.com/pictures/gif/3209.gif

http://38.media.tumblr.com/35f711ddac2698ee8b1427408f0d4aab/tumblr_n7cw4qhEco1smcbm7o1_500.gif

tireddawg
07-15-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't understand this:

"I serve a God that I want to make His name great,? he said. ?And so it does bother me with that.?

God's name is already great. What does he mean by this?

RocketDawg
07-15-2016, 12:42 PM
It's been stated before and apparently "bears" repeating...Freeze's knowledge, and/or lack thereof, of underhanded dealings, DOESN'T MATTER!!

Read... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214880/article/chip-kellyera-violations-at-oregon-punished-by-ncaa

I didn't know Kelley had gotten a show cause for what happened at Oregon. Given that, Freeze (and probably others) have no chance unless they can somehow convince the NCAA that nothing at all happened.

maroonmania
07-15-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't understand this:

"I serve a God that I want to make His name great,? he said. ?And so it does bother me with that.?

God's name is already great. What does he mean by this?

All this stuff goes right along with Freeze's apparent philosophy of getting as much mileage as possible out of advertising to everyone how great a Christian he is. Or as more aptly put, ask not what I can do for God but rather what God can do for me.

smootness
07-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Guilty people often use the defense of, 'I would never do that. I'm more against that than anybody ever,' so as to appear as though it couldn't possibly be them. So when someone says, 'The idea that I'd be tempted to cut corners at the expense of my family and my name - it sickens me,' it doesn't really ring as true. It rings as overkill.

They also often become increasingly angry as people continue to question them.

TrapGame
07-15-2016, 02:12 PM
Guilty people often use the defense of, 'I would never do that. I'm more against that than anybody ever,' so as to appear as though it couldn't possibly be them. So when someone says, 'The idea that I'd be tempted to cut corners at the expense of my family and my name - it sickens me,' it doesn't really ring as true. It rings as overkill.

They also often become increasingly angry as people continue to question them.

As The Bard said, "He doth protest too much."

shannondawg
07-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Mistakes? With the world class Compliance Dept they have and he so brags about?

MadDawg
07-15-2016, 03:42 PM
“To me, there is a difference in making a mistake and a willful attempt to circumvent rules to try and gain an advantage,” Freeze told reporters Tuesday afternoon at the Southeastern Conference spring meetings in Destin, Florida. “We’ve owned these mistakes and, for each of these, have taken action with self-imposed penalties that have been punitive ...

“I stand here today owning the mistakes, but that is what they are and not some staff out trying to buy players. They are mistakes that in my opinion did not rise to the level of termination.”

This is why Freeze hasn't fired anyone. He contends, as he still does, that nothing done rises to the "level of termination".

I guess we will see who is right eventually.

Gutter Cobreh
07-15-2016, 03:47 PM
If the people at Alabama are aware that placing the National Championship trophy in the wrong place where recruits could see it, or whatever the issue was, and self reports that violation - how does Freeze claim "mistakes" as an excuse....

Either their compliance department is truly awful at what they do, or he flat cheated and knows it....

TrapGame
07-15-2016, 03:53 PM
“To me, there is a difference in making a mistake and a willful attempt to circumvent rules to try and gain an advantage,” Freeze told reporters Tuesday afternoon at the Southeastern Conference spring meetings in Destin, Florida. “We’ve owned these mistakes and, for each of these, have taken action with self-imposed penalties that have been punitive ...

“I stand here today owning the mistakes, but that is what they are and not some staff out trying to buy players. They are mistakes that in my opinion did not rise to the level of termination.”

This is why Freeze hasn't fired anyone. He contends, as he still does, that nothing done rises to the "level of termination".

I guess we will see who is right eventually.

So if I keep repeating that I and my staff have done nothing wrong it will all go away. That's what it sounds like.