PDA

View Full Version : The most interesting thing said today...

preachermatt83
07-14-2016, 09:16 PM
At media day may have went unnoticed but Dari Noka said "Dan Mullen acknowledged that he is responsible for anything that happens within his program, we haven't heard Hugh Freeze do that". Boom! Dan is a man who takes responsibility... Hugh runs from it. Booger really went on about how great Dan did and how poor high is handling this. Then Paul said "Hugh wants it both ways". Dang they nailed Hugh and praised Dan that entire segment.

JoseBrown
07-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Yeah! Dan's a real man! Made you proud to be a bulldog, didn't it?

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2016, 09:19 PM
At media day may have went unnoticed but Dari Noka said "Dan Mullen acknowledged that he is responsible for anything that happens within his program, we haven't heard Hugh Freeze do that". Boom! Dan is a man who takes responsibility... Hugh runs from it. Booger really went on about how great Dan did and how poor high is handling this. Then Paul said "Hugh wants it both ways". Dang they nailed Hugh and praised Dan that entire segment.

Well... If Hugh says he's responsible for everything, then that's an automatic showcause. He has no choice because he's already stated that "mistakes were made".

Can you imagine the loophole the NCAA creates if they buy Hugh's mistakes were made line?

Goldendawg
07-14-2016, 09:31 PM
What's the difference in a "mistake" and breaking a rule? According to Hugh, I guess Eve just made a mistake and happened to involve Adam in that whole Garden of Eden apple deal.

Leroy Jenkins
07-14-2016, 09:34 PM
The "ignorance defense" went away after Camgate, can't play that card anymore.

Commercecomet24
07-14-2016, 09:49 PM
Dan may make decisions we don't all agree with on occasion but the man has character and has never shied away from his responsibility over the program. I am proud to have a coach that actually stands for something other than his own image(looking at you bucky).

gtowndawg
07-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Complete sidenote, but a bit more credit to ESPN. A couple of nights ago the LA edition with Neil and Stan ended with some promotion for a fight in Tunica. Neal screwed something up about Tunica being in Mississippi, (I don't recall now what it was). But anyway, as the show ended, Stan said, "And don't forget, Mississippi is hottytoddy and Mississippi State is HailState!" So at least one of them gets it.

http://14iezz3qg8u21xburg26fglg.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/21.jpg

msujan
07-15-2016, 10:40 AM
The "ignorance defense" went away after Camgate, can't play that card anymore.

When I first got to MSU as a freshman, this notice was posted on the bulletin boards on each floor of the dorm. As relevant today as it was those many years ago.

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Indndawg
07-15-2016, 10:50 AM

Lots of spicy burrito

maroonmania
07-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Well... If Hugh says he's responsible for everything, then that's an automatic showcause. He has no choice because he's already stated that "mistakes were made".

Can you imagine the loophole the NCAA creates if they buy Hugh's mistakes were made line?

The only mistakes that were made were the fact that not all the violations they have committed were concealed well enough to avoid being found out by the NCAA investigative staff. In all honesty, THOSE are the mistakes that Hugh is really concerned about.

msujan
07-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I think Freezer is worried that the powers-to-be that hired him, the one candidate that they could control and use as a pseudo-spiritual smokescreen, are the same ones that are going to throw him under the bus, run over him, then back over him. If I were looking for a soft target that I could use to shield me while I'm operating under the table behind him and them throw to the wolves when I got caught, he would fit the bill. In the meantime, my machinations have allowed me to build up my war chest so that I'm now able to compete with the big boys. Oh, wait! There's a down side to this - I could get caught!