PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for how the first game will go.

gravedigger
08-23-2013, 08:31 PM
We, not they, jump out to a 7-0 lead with just a simple solid drive.

They follow up with a stalled drive, and we do the same.

They tie the game at 7 on a big play

We get a stop deep in their territory and return a punt to their 35 but only manage a field goal. 10-7.

They drive a typical OSU drive and score to make it 14-10.

Halftime.

We come out on the first drive and score a typical msu grind it out, running game type of TD. 17-14.

Osu drives, but throws a deep interception and msu takes over deep in it's own territory.

MSU drives enough to 'flip the field' but not any more.

OSU drives to our 4 yard line. On 4th down mid 4th quarter, their coach decides to tie the score. 17-17.

MSU drives the field but stalls mid field. Goes for it on 4th down. Razzle dazzle, msu scores on a fake middle handoff that leaves the tight end wide open for a 50 yd td. 24-17.

Late in the game after we fail to run the clock out, OSU drives to our 7 yard line. On 4th and 5 with 37 seconds remaining, they run a crossing pattern that is thrown behind the receiver.

State wins: 24-17.

Political Hack
08-23-2013, 08:59 PM
lol. you've lost it.

Homedawg
08-24-2013, 12:42 AM
The winner will have 35 points at least. Shoot me but my score is 41-24 cowboys. I'll believ when I see. Until them color me skeptical

Coach34
08-24-2013, 01:04 AM
State wins 38-30

Political Hack
08-24-2013, 06:25 AM
I'll take a 3-2 win.

Pollodawg
08-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I see something like 41-38 MSU. If you love offense........

Quaoarsking
08-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Oklahoma State reminds me of Tennessee 2012, except a little mentally tougher: Decent defense, great offense, but not going to have a lot of SEC wins. With a better coach and attitude, Tennessee would have beaten Missouri and Vanderbilt last year and gone 7-5, just like Oklahoma State did on a Big 12 schedule.

We beat Tennessee 41-31 last year, and I see the game with Oklahoma State going similarly. Maybe a couple points closer because it's neutral instead of home.

engie
08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
If we hold them to 17, it's going to be time to get really, really wooly about the defense...

Game is going to be played in the 30s... First team to 40 wins automatically -- either scoring less than 30 loses automatically.

Goat Holder
08-24-2013, 12:07 PM
......They drive a typical OSU drive and score to make it 14-10.

Halftime.

Don't know about the rest, but this quote above has become the norm in the Dan Mullen Era.

CadaverDawg
08-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Oklahoma State reminds me of Tennessee 2012, except a little mentally tougher: Decent defense, great offense, but not going to have a lot of SEC wins. With a better coach and attitude, Tennessee would have beaten Missouri and Vanderbilt last year and gone 7-5, just like Oklahoma State did on a Big 12 schedule.

We beat Tennessee 41-31 last year, and I see the game with Oklahoma State going similarly. Maybe a couple points closer because it's neutral instead of home.

Good post, they do seem similar now that I think about it

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2013, 12:18 PM

This is actually a good comparison. So lets compare teams.

QB: OSU - Although Bray is more talented than OSU's QBs, we'll say OSU because of system and coaching

OL: TENN - Here is the big one. Tennessee had one of the best OLs in college football last year.

WR: TENN - Patterson and Hunter were better than what OSU has

RB: Push - both teams seem to have good but no great

Defense: Push - Probably similar

Team chemistry: OSU - OSU has confidence and TENN did not.

Coaching: OSU - this is honestly the biggest wild card. Talent wise TENN was better than OSU, but Gundy is the wildcard.

Political Hack
08-24-2013, 12:25 PM
The Pokes are for real. They have a great program and to discount them as a soft Big 12 team is a huge mistake. They ran over 1,000 plays and had over 7,000 yards last year and only allowed 12... TWELVE... sacks. They don't fumble the ball and average 7 yards a pop. They don't know what a 3rd down looks like. they have a stellar offensive system and it's damn near impossible to stop.

It was a colossal mistake to schedule this game THIS YEAR. Next year wouldve been great. If they would've switched the USM & Okie St games it wouldve been perfect. They didn't.

Strick is LT Part 2. He's looking at dollar signs and will sacrifice the long term stability of the program for a quick payday when Slive tells him to get back in his corner and shut up. #HesNoNinja

Maroons
08-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Strick is LT Part 2. He's looking at dollar signs and will sacrifice the long term stability of the program for a quick payday when Slive tells him to get back in his corner and shut up. #HesNoNinja

You've lost your freaking mind. That's ludicrous.

Goat Holder
08-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Agreed. He's not Byrne but he's a long way from LT.

Bigohh
08-24-2013, 03:55 PM

It's not like Scott walked into Dan's office one day and said "Oh, by the way, I replaced Valley with Oklahoma State. Good, luck, we're all counting on you back here." Dan was given the choice of adding the game or getting a Valley type replacement. Dan wanted to schedule the game so we did. Of course, we thought we were playing Vandy rather than USCe this year at the time, but make no mistake the decision was Dan's.