PDA

View Full Version : "Big Time OM Boosters"

Reason2succeed
07-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Okay, I keep seeing all these comments about something a "big time booster" at OM told them or they overheard. Literally every single day someone new has a source high up in the OM hierarchy. These leaves me with several conclusions:

1) Big time OM boosters have loose lips and yap all the time about sensitive information. (Not likely)
2) Some of these guys aren't really as big time as they have lead you to believe. (I can believe that at a school with a culture as pompous as OM they probably tell all the boosters they are big time.)
3) THEY ARE LYING!!! They either don't know or don't want you to know or some combination of the two. (This is the most likely conclusion to draw.)
4) Those reporting the information over here are trolls, rebel sympathizers, or don't have enough awareness to know when they are being played like a confederate fiddle.

Jack Lambert
07-14-2016, 11:47 AM

fishwater99
07-14-2016, 11:54 AM
They guys I talked to don't know what the Hell is going on and they are pissed off about it.
The NCAA hasn't told the school squat and that's just how it works.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-14-2016, 11:57 AM
A combination of 3 and 4. They more than likely don't know and don't want you to know they don't know so they throw out a narrative that they hope will come to fruition.

Spiderman
07-14-2016, 12:00 PM
A combination of 3 and 4

Yeah, that's me... 3 and 4.

90% on here are just like OM folks are about Rosebowl....... Don't like the message, kill the messenger.

And yet you laugh and mock other delusional fools

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Spider, I'm not calling you out...

Political Hack
07-14-2016, 03:42 PM
You're talking about a group of people that have historically measured their self worth by who they bump elbows with. That alone should tell you they like to chat it up.

At the same time I had an ole miss fan tell me they won the national championship the year Archie won the Heisman. I kid you not.

PMDawg
07-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Okay, I keep seeing all these comments about something a "big time booster" at OM told them or they overheard. Literally every single day someone new has a source high up in the OM hierarchy. These leaves me with several conclusions:

1) Big time OM boosters have loose lips and yap all the time about sensitive information. (Not likely)
2) Some of these guys aren't really as big time as they have lead you to believe. (I can believe that at a school with a culture as pompous as OM they probably tell all the boosters they are big time.)
3) THEY ARE LYING!!! They either don't know or don't want you to know or some combination of the two. (This is the most likely conclusion to draw.)
4) Those reporting the information over here are trolls, rebel sympathizers, or don't have enough awareness to know when they are being played like a confederate fiddle.

5.) Jealousy on your part.

spiral
07-14-2016, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=

At the same time I had an ole miss fan tell me they won the national championship the year Archie won the Heisman. I kid you not.[/QUOTE]

The "I kid you not" part really made me laugh. Mainly because it is necessary to say to understand and appreciate an om story. Sad thing is they would hate you and try to get you fired if you pointed out they were wrong on one, much less both. Truth hurts and all.

spiral
07-14-2016, 03:55 PM
"Big time" and "OM Booster" is an perfect oxymoron BTW.

Reason2succeed
07-14-2016, 04:20 PM
5.) Jealousy on your part.

Why would I be jealous? Rubbing elbows with "big time OM boosters" doesn't give me raise like it must do for you. You just showed your colors. Obviously you feel offended because you're in one of the categories listed in 4.

PMDawg
07-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Why would I be jealous? Rubbing elbows with "big time OM boosters" doesn't give me raise like it must do for you. You just showed your colors. Obviously you feel offended because you're in one of the categories listed in 4.

Yep. I've been here since day 1. 1400 posts in and finally busted! Dangit!!!

Reason2succeed
07-14-2016, 04:34 PM
I didn't call you a troll but the other two...

Spiderman
07-14-2016, 05:50 PM
I didn't call you a troll but the other two...

Yep, I'm a troll

djaymsu5
07-15-2016, 07:53 AM
You're talking about a group of people that have historically measured their self worth by who they bump elbows with. That alone should tell you they like to chat it up.

At the same time I had an ole miss fan tell me they won the national championship the year Archie won the Heisman. I kid you not.

What an imbecile