PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a new om article before freeze gets his turn at media days?

msstate7
07-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Any news?

DancingRabbit
07-13-2016, 10:17 PM
No info to base it on, but I think something will drop tomorrow morning.

Bucky Dog
07-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Maybe Fat Hugh will say how excited Hypocrite Hugh is to spread the love and tell his side of the story. He is unaware of any intentional cheating but innocent mistake may have been made and they will deal with that and look forward to moving past this no investigation thing. Or something along that line I'm sure.

msstate7
07-13-2016, 10:44 PM
No info to base it on, but I think something will drop tomorrow morning.
If there is a major hit piece released tomorrow, the writer is really not a fan of om. The writer would be giving freeze and the om pr hardly any time to prepare before getting grilled.

DancingRabbit
07-13-2016, 10:50 PM
If there is a major hit piece released tomorrow, the writer is really not a fan of om. The writer would be giving freeze and the om pr hardly any time to prepare before getting grilled.

Well somebody that is not a fan of OM gave Pat Forde the NOA scoop a week before signing day. But Hugh is such a good liar it had no impact on their class.

Obviously the "hacker" didn't give Softie or Hugh any time to prepare on draft night.

We can hope :)

ElectroDawg
07-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Hell yeah! The CL will release a fluff piece about the great Hugh Freeze or how the football team is on the verge of winning a natty****

mic
07-14-2016, 12:31 AM
Another announcement may hit twitter tomorrow that UMiss fans arent going to be pleased with at all as well..

BossDawg
07-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Another announcement may hit twitter tomorrow that UMiss fans are going to be pleased with at all as well..

"Are" or "aren't" going to be pleased with?

mic
07-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Fixed it..

DancingRabbit
07-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Stolen from DawgSmack on twitter - maybe this will be Hugh's explanation of how he reels in the top recruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrYvNb5cl0

phatdog
07-14-2016, 05:06 AM
Hoping for a beaver hitting on a bong video.

starkvegasdawg
07-14-2016, 06:59 AM
Hoping for a beaver hitting on a bong video.

http://i.imgur.com/ZrhnhXx.png

DawgPoundLazer
07-14-2016, 07:57 AM
What the hell.....I thought we were all pretty confident a major hit piece was coming this week. Freezus starts in ~3 hours and he can use the bullshit excuse of "I haven't had an opportunity to read the article" at this point. IMO, if there is an article, someone has made a major mistake by not having released it yet. Considering you have a high profile/unsuccessful new coach and a coach on the hot seat also taking questions today, releasing it after he takes questions isn't going to have the same effect because of all the other distractions. If there isn't an article, how were all the sources wrong on this? It's been rumored for weeks.

HSVDawg
07-14-2016, 08:45 AM
What the hell.....I thought we were all pretty confident a major hit piece was coming this week. Freezus starts in ~3 hours and he can use the bullshit excuse of "I haven't had an opportunity to read the article" at this point. IMO, if there is an article, someone has made a major mistake by not having released it yet. Considering you have a high profile/unsuccessful new coach and a coach on the hot seat also taking questions today, releasing it after he takes questions isn't going to have the same effect because of all the other distractions. If there isn't an article, how were all the sources wrong on this? It's been rumored for weeks.

What in the world are you talking about? There was already an article released on 6/29 which was the Pete Thamel article with the Lindsey Miller quotes. That was the one that was rumored to be released before media days, and it was. After it was released, there were many people who said there may be additional articles released later, but I don't think anyone said it would be prior to media days.

MrKotter
07-14-2016, 08:47 AM
What in the world are you talking about? There was already an article released on 6/29 which was the Pete Thamel article with the Lindsey Miller quotes. That was the one that was rumored to be released before media days, and it was. After it was released, there were many people who said there may be additional articles released later, but I don't think anyone said it would be prior to media days.

There was one rumored to be released yesterday or today by Wolken or Forde.

Political Hack
07-14-2016, 08:51 AM

That's correct. There have been other interviews according to multiple sources, but no one knows anything about when an article could come. They could always stop pursuing it too. Happens all the time.

MadDawg
07-14-2016, 09:13 AM
We were told to expect an article that included former recruits telling their story. That wasn't the Thamel article. I sure hope we aren't starting to put out misinformation just for shits and giggles. Let's leave the fabricating up to the bears.

msujan
07-14-2016, 09:23 AM
We were told to expect an article that included former recruits telling their story. That wasn't the Thamel article. I sure hope we aren't starting to put out misinformation just for shits and giggles. Let's leave the fabricating up to the bears.

Why in the world do those bears continue to believe anything YP says when he admitted on their board that he posts false/misleading info to throw people off?!?!?!

HSVDawg
07-14-2016, 01:47 PM

Exactly but no one said any of that would be prior to media days. The Thamel article was known about by everyone (including OM fans) before it was ever released. And it was released prior to media days just as everyone said it would be. The suggestion by the OP that everyone's sources for the last 3 weeks would be wrong if no additional article comes out before Freeze takes the podium is BS. There were some rumblings last night that a Forde article with former player interviews MIGHT come out today, but nothing definitive was ever said and it for sure hasn't been discussed the past 3 weeks.

LockeDawg
07-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Exactly but no one said any of that would be prior to media days. The Thamel article was known about by everyone (including OM fans) before it was ever released. And it was released prior to media days just as everyone said it would be. The suggestion by the OP that everyone's sources for the last 3 weeks would be wrong if no additional article comes out before Freeze takes the podium is BS. There were some rumblings last night that a Forde article with former player interviews MIGHT come out today, but nothing definitive was ever said and it for sure hasn't been discussed the past 3 weeks.I saw/read the Forde article this morning with his interview with Freeze on the NCAA investigation, etc. Was THAT article supposed to be the "hit piece" that was rumored to drop before Freeze took the podium? If that was it, then it was some weak ass sauce.

LeakyD
07-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Was Jeff Scott disgruntled when his career ended? It was interesting to see Paulling reaching out to former players.

spiritual_machine2005
07-14-2016, 02:54 PM
I think the "hit piece" article has turned out to be a false rumor. You had the SI article that kind of fleshed out already known details and then the Forde article today that was pretty generic. Obviously there is no "hit piece" article in the works in my opinion.

OlePissSux
07-14-2016, 02:59 PM
I think the articles have just cooled down for awhile. What much more can they really write about the first NOA. I think when fall rolls around and the second NOA comes out like Steve has been talking about the articles will get started back up. Everything from draft night on I think will come out towards the end of fall or early spring. OM may get punished next spring too for the first violations so should be an interesting time.