PDA

View Full Version : tsun investigation

MaroonDawg4Life
07-13-2016, 08:55 PM
just had a tsun fan text me that he has a source in the tsun athletic department that told him today that ncaa left oxford and found no evidence on tunsil and that they are in the clear. I just laughed at him.

Coach34
07-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Because the NCAA tells the school immediately what they found upon leaving town....good grief they are so stupid

Dawgowar
07-13-2016, 09:03 PM
just had a tsun fan text me that he has a source in the tsun athletic department that told him today that ncaa left oxford and found no evidence on tunsil and that they are in the clear. I just laughed at him.

Oh gosh darn it! Foiled again. If it hadn't been for you meddling bears..."

Jack Lambert
07-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Because the NCAA tells the school immediately what they found upon leaving town....good grief they are so stupid

It's Genetics. Their parents are cousins.

Corn Bread
07-13-2016, 09:31 PM
What investigation?

fmbdawg17
07-13-2016, 09:38 PM

This is a weekly post on this board.

BossDawg
07-13-2016, 09:48 PM
I just had a fan text me that has a source in the athletic department and he told me your friend is full of shit and that his source is Yancy Porter.

Offshore Dawg
07-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Dumb "17" bears

LC Dawg
07-13-2016, 10:05 PM
I think I'm gonna start a paid Ole Miss message board. All you have to do is tell those stupid f#cks what they want to hear and cite high level sources and you make a fortune.

fishwater99
07-13-2016, 11:56 PM

I had a few drinks at the club tonight with several Big $$ Bears.
They are clueless on what is going on.
My Bama buddy and I were laughing our asses off.
They are worried about a postseason an and agreed that 20 over 4 is coming.

OlePissSux
07-14-2016, 08:10 AM

Is that after the 2nd letter or 4th letter when they left?

Acid mouth
07-14-2016, 08:29 AM

I see this troll survived thru the night

archdog
07-14-2016, 08:43 AM
I had a few drinks at the club tonight with several Big $$ Bears.
They are clueless on what is going on.
My Bama buddy and I were laughing our asses off.
They are worried about a postseason an and agreed that 20 over 4 is coming.

Alright dumb question, 20 over 4 is like only 5 a year or is it 20 scholarships for 4 years.
Does that limit them to 65 total or 80 total per year? Because to tell you the truth, 80 per year isn't that terrible.

OlePissSux
07-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Alright dumb question, 20 over 4 is like only 5 a year or is it 20 scholarships for 4 years.
Does that limit them to 65 total or 80 total per year? Because to tell you the truth, 80 per year isn't that terrible.

20 over 4 would mean 5 schollies a year lost. So that would be 80 a year.

StatesboroBlues
07-14-2016, 08:50 AM

Actually, if you keep the full roster and no one transfers it would be at 65 by year 4. You lose 5 of the 25 you can sign each year. If there is a bowl ban and players transfer or they just transfer own their own you lose the ability to make up for that scholarship past the 20 you are able to sign.

For example...

Say you are at 80 right now and you have 6 non-senior transfers, and 15 Seniors leave the program. The max you will be able to be at the next year is 79. The key in these situations is attrition...if you have any at all you have a hard time making up for it. You signing back is off the table from what I gather also...but not for sure.

Chip
07-14-2016, 08:52 AM

I'm pretty sure that isn't so. If that were the case no one would follow the rules.

My understanding is that it means that a team would only have 20 scholarships (thus losing 5) to give each year for 4 years. So cumulatively after the 4 years the team would only have 65 scholarship players rather than 85.

EDIT: Sorry posted at the same time as the post above.

Bubb Rubb
07-14-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that isn't so. If that were the case no one would follow the rules.

My understanding is that it means that a team would only have 20 scholarships (thus losing 5) to give each year for 4 years. So cumulatively after the 4 years the team would only have 65 scholarship players rather than 85.

This is correct.

Dude isn't even a good troll.

HSVDawg
07-14-2016, 09:16 AM

My understanding is that it either limits the number of signees to 20 per year, or it is cumulative (meaning in year one they are allowed 80 scholarship players, year 2 they are allowed 75, year 3 they are allowed 70, and year 4 they are only allowed 65). But then keep in mind that after year 4 when they would hypothetically be allowed 85 scholarships per year again, they are still bound by the rules that only allow a max of 25 signees going on scholarship. So that creates a situation where it still takes another 2 or 3 years to get up to a full roster and that is where severe scholarship reductions can really hurt a program. It definitely doesn't just take it down to 80 per year for 4 years. If it was just 80 per year that were still allowed, everyone would cheat their asses off to the fullest extent possible. Hell, we have hovered around the 80 scholarship mark at the beginning of fall camp for the last 2 or 3 years running just due to attrition and missing on some guys in recruiting. But it doesn't take it down to 65 per year for 4 years either.

MedDawg
07-14-2016, 09:32 AM
My understanding is that it either limits the number of signees to 20 per year, or it is cumulative (meaning in year one they are allowed 80 scholarship players, year 2 they are allowed 75, year 3 they are allowed 70, and year 4 they are only allowed 65). But then keep in mind that after year 4 when they would hypothetically be allowed 85 scholarships per year again, they are still bound by the rules that only allow a max of 25 signees going on scholarship. So that creates a situation where it still takes another 2 or 3 years to get up to a full roster and that is where severe scholarship reductions can really hurt a program. It definitely doesn't just take it down to 80 per year for 4 years. If it was just 80 per year that were still allowed, everyone would cheat their asses off to the fullest extent possible. Hell, we have hovered around the 80 scholarship mark at the beginning of fall camp for the last 2 or 3 years running just due to attrition and missing on some guys in recruiting. But it doesn't take it down to 65 per year for 4 years either.

I think it can go either way and the NCAA has to spell it out what the total number of scholarships will be allowed for each season. It can be down to 80 each season or go down 5 each season (80, 75, 70, 65). I think our 2004 probation was like the first one--we went down to 82 scholarships for two seasons, not down to 82 and then down to 79. That might be an old way, though. Seems the most recent major probations have been harder and the total scholarships are forced down each season. Penn State's penalty structure was that way until it was reversed.

StatesboroBlues
07-14-2016, 09:37 AM
I think it can go either way and the NCAA has to spell it out what the total number of scholarships will be allowed for each season. It can be down to 80 each season or go down 5 each season (80, 75, 70, 65). I think our 2004 probation was like the first one--we went down to 82 scholarships for two seasons, not down to 82 and then down to 79. That might be an old way, though. Seems the most recent major probations have been harder and the total scholarships are forced down each season. Penn State's penalty structure was that way until it was reversed.

The NCAA still has both structures of penalty that you are mentioning.

If it is worded how the above posts say...it would be a max signing of 20 per year. The other way would say something similar to...school is limited to 82 scholarships for x # of years.

confucius say
07-14-2016, 09:57 AM

Why is this bow tie, short short-wearing douschebag not banned yet?

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Yancy is just referring to his investigation of all the glory holes on campus. It is like Pokemon, he has to catchem all.

sandwolf
07-14-2016, 10:05 AM

I think that it just depends on how the sanctions are structured. In USC's case, they lost 30 scholarships over 3 years and they were limited to a maximum of 75 total scholarship players during that time (per paragraph 5 of this article (http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2015/7/20/9000965/five-years-later-sanctions-against-usc-increased-before-they-were)).

Bubb Rubb
07-14-2016, 10:22 AM
I think that it just depends on how the sanctions are structured. In USC's case, they lost 30 scholarships over 3 years and they were limited to a maximum of 75 total scholarship players during that time (per paragraph 5 of this article (http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2015/7/20/9000965/five-years-later-sanctions-against-usc-increased-before-they-were)).

That's usually how it's done. Of course, by that third year, you don't have 75 players on scholarship anymore. You can only sign 20 per year, but you're losing 25 or more through eligibility and attrition.

spbdawg
07-14-2016, 10:37 AM
#

craigmid
07-14-2016, 06:30 PM
It's funny that they keep calling it the "Laremy Tunsil investigation".
What that did is open up a whole 'nother can of worms.
The "Laremy Tunsil investigation" is just the tip of the iceburg in this recent investigation.