PDA

View Full Version : Billboard leading into Lafayette county

beretta
07-13-2016, 06:10 PM
sorry no pics....i was in a hurry....

billboard on hwy 6 just before entering Lafayette county from Batesville, there was a billboard that caught my attention, it was a split billboard and on the right side it said:

Ole Miss, YOU take our money

Ole Miss, YOU fly our flag

on the left side of the billboard, it had giant Mississippi flag, and it just seemed the confederate symbol just glared at you in the face...sure doesnt paint a great picture with all the negative news with them leading into oxford....

it may not be that big of deal, but i definitely did a double take and said, "holy shti!" under my breath

msujan
07-13-2016, 07:53 PM
Someone needs to send a pic of that to as many news outlets as possible so that the national folks pick it up.

Dawgcentral
07-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Show it on a split screen as Freeze is at the podium tomorrow.

Political Hack
07-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Show it on a split screen as Freeze is at the podium tomorrow.

Lol. I think ESPN should hire you to direct the screenshots.

Bully13
07-13-2016, 09:42 PM
bump; but maybe useless since we have no PR in vegas.

LC Dawg
07-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Was the billboard paid for by supporters of the state flag and they are scolding Ole Miss for not flying the flag on campus? If that is the case we should probably just let this end.
Someone should just superimpose the rebel flag from the Tunsil video behind Freeze while he's at the podium.

Reason2succeed
07-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Ole Miss is a bastion of ole south, segregationist, and hyper-conservative thought and culture. Why are any of us surprised by the things that go on there?

sandwolf
07-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Was the billboard paid for by supporters of the state flag and they are scolding Ole Miss for not flying the flag on campus? If that is the case we should probably just let this end.
Someone should just superimpose the rebel flag from the Tunsil video behind Freeze while he's at the podium.

Yea, I don't know how someone reads that and feels like it provides them with a window to make a post like this:

Ole Miss is a bastion of ole south, segregationist, and hyper-conservative thought and culture. Why are any of us surprised by the things that go on there?

JohnnyQuid
07-13-2016, 11:32 PM
I pass it everyday going to work might try to get a pic in the morning ha

MarketingBully
07-14-2016, 12:07 AM
Yea, I don't know how someone reads that and feels like it provides them with a window to make a post like this:

I think you're missing the point. Until they change everything and finally go by University of Mississippi Black Bears, it doesn't matter if they fly the state flag on campus or not. They are still utilizing racist monikers and symbols that have heavily racist overtones. I won't take them seriously at all about trying to change their image until they get rid of "Ole Miss" or "Rebel".