PDA

View Full Version : Jared Poche

MSUDawg99
07-13-2016, 04:38 PM
He is coming back to LSU for his senior season "to win the natty" & has halted talks with the Padres.

https://twitter.com/Jared_Poche/status/753328847714590720

Todd4State
07-13-2016, 04:42 PM
LSU is somehow able to brainwash their players and recruits into coming back to school. I have no idea how they do it other than local pressure.

Hope it works out for him because someone is going to get a good pitcher for 1000 dollar bonus next year. Probably the Cardinals as cheap as their GM and owners are.

MarketingBully
07-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Shit, we had a guy sign who wasn't even drafted. That's our luck. Granted it was Paul Young and he showed absolutely nothing for us but I digress.

Todd4State
07-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Shit, we had a guy sign who wasn't even drafted. That's our luck. Granted it was Paul Young and he showed absolutely nothing for us but I digress.

Yeah- the last guy that I remember doing something like that for us was Graveman and maybe Kruger.

Tbonewannabe
07-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Well at least Maneri isn't as bad as Skip about ruining pitchers arms. Still a really dumb move l

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeah- the last guy that I remember doing something like that for us was Graveman and maybe Kruger.

I don't follow. Is Jack not coming back?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Never mind....I misunderstood you Todd.

Homedawg
07-13-2016, 08:10 PM

Conner powers is about as high as we've had return off the top of my head.

Homedawg
07-13-2016, 08:12 PM

Two totally different deals. Young had zero scholarship and wasn't guaranteed to pitch at all, poche has both I'm sure.

Tbonewannabe
07-13-2016, 08:56 PM
Two totally different deals. Young had zero scholarship and wasn't guaranteed to pitch at all, poche has both I'm sure.

If Poche is from Louisiana then he might be a walkon with their schollies.

maroonmania
07-13-2016, 09:33 PM

Yes, Paul Young and Jared Poche should not really even be put in the same sentence.

Todd4State
07-13-2016, 11:04 PM
Conner powers is about as high as we've had return off the top of my head.

We've had a few but my perception is that LSU has at least one high end college guy coming back every year. Probably not reality. But it does seem like their guys don't care as much about pro ball as our guys do and they would rather win a NC at LSU than go pro. Again, my perception that probably isn't totally true. It would be really nice if a guy like Dakata Hudson decided to come back and try to win the NC for us his senior year- and I understand Poche isn't nearly the prospect Hudson is but still...

MarketingBully
07-13-2016, 11:58 PM
We've had a few but my perception is that LSU has at least one high end college guy coming back every year. Probably not reality. But it does seem like their guys don't care as much about pro ball as our guys do and they would rather win a NC at LSU than go pro. Again, my perception that probably isn't totally true. It would be really nice if a guy like Dakata Hudson decided to come back and try to win the NC for us his senior year- and I understand Poche isn't nearly the prospect Hudson is but still...

Where Poche was selected, it would have been like Daniel Brown or if Nate Lowe would have come back. Those are the equivalents.

Todd4State
07-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Where Poche was selected, it would have been like Daniel Brown or if Nate Lowe would have come back. Those are the equivalents.

Good point. Or Austin Sexton.

maroonmania
07-14-2016, 08:38 AM
Good point. Or Austin Sexton.

Sexton was actually one that I was hoping would at least consider coming back. Seems to be a guy that is a really good college pitcher but doesn't jump out to you with an arm that you would think he is going to excel in professional baseball. Also he is a legacy. But alas, off he goes to the minors.