PDA

View Full Version : Mullen's track-record on disciplining players vs Freeze's

blacklistedbully
07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
I'd appreciate some help from this board compiling a list of disciplinary action taken by Coach Mullen. It seems to be, he is one of the more strict coaches in this regard, certainly willing to bench or even cut talented players for their indiscretions or mistakes.

I'd also like to get a list of the same (or lack there) of Hugh Freeze.

Armed with that, I'd like to construct a response to some media personalities, including Finebaum, to include a question asking what would have been a more just outcome for the Simmons situation...that he end up under Mullen's watchful eye, or in the care of Coach Freeze?

I'd like to ask them to comment on where they think the situation would have been handled better, given the respective track records. Then I'd ask them why they have given a pass to Freeze, but have got their panties twisted with Mullen.

OlePissSux
07-13-2016, 11:55 AM
One of the biggest differences is Freeze brings in players of horrible character all the time. Freeze makes a living off players who are kicked off other rosters. Chad Kelly, Stringfellow, etc. Says a lot about your program when you have to win by bringing in trash.

lastmajordog
07-13-2016, 12:06 PM
All I know as far as RB position he has NO problem benching a more talented player......or so it seems.

SailingDawg
07-13-2016, 12:12 PM
One of the biggest differences is Freeze brings in players of horrible character all the time. Freeze makes a living off players who are kicked off other rosters. Chad Kelly, Stringfellow, etc. Says a lot about your program when you have to win by bringing in trash.

And the list is long. Makes me sick to think of Freeze's claims to glory in the name of these players. Second chance?...sure, but it's all a farce with a front of Christianity.

If God chooses Freeze to win, what do you tell the teams that lose? God is against you? Sicko...

MadDawg
07-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Freeze has certainly had more opportunities:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/college-football-arrests-2015/

You don't have to click it. The pertinent information is:

College Football Player Arrests - Last 5 Years

Ole Miss - 20
MSU - 11

thf24
07-13-2016, 12:25 PM

Ole Miss - 20
MSU - 11

And then you have the strong rumors that the OPD regularly sweeps incidents involving football players under the rug when it can get away with it, while the SPD cuts no such slack (Dak DUI). Who knows what the OM number would be if they didn't have that benefit.

msujan
07-13-2016, 12:25 PM

Freezer doesn't have to do as much recruiting as other SEC coaches because 1) he gets players qualified by hook or by crook, 2) he gets players that other coaches have worked with for years by getting them to flip, and 3) he takes rejects/bad boys/trouble makers that other teams don't want. That's a lazy kinda coach to me.

JoseBrown
07-13-2016, 12:56 PM

Ole Miss - 20
MSU - 11

Freddy Got Fingered- hope he is included**