PDA

View Full Version : Saban just took Finebaum to task on SEC network.

Pinto
07-13-2016, 11:23 AM
He answered how you want a coach to answer. Props to sec crew for taking him to task but Saban got the KO.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2016, 11:23 AM
He answered how you want a coach to answer. Props to sec crew for taking him to task but Saban got the KO.

Why would you post this without saying what Saban said?

LockeDawg
07-13-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm not watching/listening to any of this. Can you provide a quick run down?

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm not watching/listening to any of this. Can you provide a quick run down?

No, we are supposed to have ESP. Didn't you hear?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-13-2016, 11:28 AM
What did Finebum, I left the a out intentionally, ask Saban? What did Saban say in his reply?

Pinto
07-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Waiting for video to post and will then post it. Basically they asked Saban why Cam is not suspended, etc. Saban said the media didn't know all the facts and he was going to persecute a kid for the media.

Hunkaburningdawg
07-13-2016, 11:35 AM

I think you left out "yada, yada yada" somewhere in your post.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2016, 11:45 AM
Here's reason nobody asks Saban questions: because he's an asshole bully. No media member wants to be scolded like this.

http://i.imgur.com/JmO4nMN.jpg

LockeDawg
07-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Here's reason nobody asks Saban questions: because he's an asshole bully. No media member wants to be scolded like this.

http://i.imgur.com/JmO4nMN.jpgAnd Pawl took the scolding like a 5 yr old kid...he'll pout for a while then do everything in his power to get back into Daddy's good graces. Pawl is the biggest Saban ass kisser in existence.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Here is the video. Kind of underwhelming. Not sure where the explosiveness is. Just the media doing what the media does & blowing things out of proportion.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/video-nick-saban-paul-finebaum-explosive-exchange-sec-network/

msstate7
07-13-2016, 11:51 AM

http://i.imgur.com/JmO4nMN.jpg

Everyone backs down to Saban. Om better hope and pray Saban isn't the one pushing the NCAA on om bc they'll do what Saban wants too imo

Dawgface
07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
FB said after the interview and during a commercial that Saban really lowered the boom on him. Said he was as mad as he had ever seen him. Too bad that is not on tape.

LC Dawg
07-13-2016, 12:00 PM
It's being reported that Saban went off on the entire network crew after the interview.
I don't get why Saban is getting applauded for saying what other coaches would like to say. There is a reason why other coaches don't say things or react like Saban. They aren't allowed to. If Mullen had gotten pissed and bitched about the Simmons questions he would have been blasted even worse in the media and probably scolded by the league.

AROB44
07-13-2016, 12:00 PM
And that is how Mullen needs to act with those jerks. But.....he probably can't get away with it like Saban. Good for Saban.

TUSK
07-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Man, just think how badly MDL woulda acted if Pawwwwwwl weren't such a Bammer "homer"....

Here is the video of the off-air exchange (no audio)... MDL musta said "aight, like 10 times" by looking at his hand-gestures....

https://youtu.be/A19WkO_aYWo

tireddawg
07-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Didn't look that angry.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-13-2016, 01:11 PM

I was reading the comments under the video and look at this OM homers response? Regarding a post about pay for play at OM

Quit acting like you?ve actually read the NOA. There?s no pay for play involved whatsoever? Just stop. Also, Laremy?s response saying he received money, he was referring to scholarship money. You?ll soon find that out. Probably (hopefully) October, when Ole Miss can FINALLY say something.

Tunsil was talking about scholarship money.....wow that is quite the reach. Their fan base has to be the most delusional in America.

HSVDawg
07-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Mullen could stand to take notes from that exchange for all future questions related to Simmons. I bet 95% of people watching that sided with Saban's decision. It just goes to show that no matter what you are saying, if you speak passionately and let it be known that you could give a crap about the person's opinion that's asking the question, you won't be challenged further. I bet you won't see any articles tomorrow condemning Saban for allowing a criminal culture in his program.

archdog
07-13-2016, 01:17 PM
I wish Saban would have mentioned that the media is doing the same to J Simmons.

archdog
07-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Players are given their stipends etc at the beginning of the school term like every other student I believe. When given out monthly, they know the day they are receiving it as well.

dawggoneit
07-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Saban better be careful with the way he treats Finebaum. Pawlllllll could bite down and cause some major damage! Bad enough Saban looks down and gets blinded by the glare of his head all the time.

MarketingBully
07-13-2016, 01:36 PM
If he didn't care about what Paul would say, why did he get upset?

TUSK
07-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Saban better be careful with the way he treats Finebaum. Pawlllllll could bite down and cause some major damage! Bad enough Saban looks down and gets blinded by the glare of his head all the time.

you forgot this *

blacklistedbully
07-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Waiting for video to post and will then post it. Basically they asked Saban why Cam is not suspended, etc. Saban said the media didn't know all the facts and he wasn't going to persecute a kid for the media.

FIFY

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Paul threw out some phrase to the extent of, "that's not what the DA thought, etc, etc." All that was, was a lob at Saban to get him riled up, which he should have and did. If Paul had said something like that to Mullen, Mullen would have cowered down and flubbed the answer to the point of you asking yourself, what is he talking about? Fortunately, Mullen doesn't have the experience in dealing with this type situation with the media, but hopefully he has learned something this week, just in case he needs it in the future.

If you think about it, Mullen probably could have said what Saban did verbatim, obviously in a different tone, and been seen in a better light than what he was yesterday.