PDA

View Full Version : Media Days.....

GTHOM
07-13-2016, 10:24 AM
I love SEC football as much as anyone but Media days is so boring. I cant watch more than 15 minutes or so before I've had enough. All it is is ''experts'' flapping their jaws and reporters asking questions that we dont care about for the most part. I didnt even watch much of Dan being up there after the he answered the Simmons deal. Everything else anyone says is just hot air. Malzahn basically started the Jeremy Johnson for Heisman campaign at media days last year. Just shows its all coach speak

AusTexDawg
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
That's why I miss Spurrier's turn at the podium. Less coach-speak than all the others combined.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Media Days is a dumb & really has no place in the modern market.

It started as newspaper guys flying around to each campus & then it evolved into the SEC just bring all the coaches to one place.

However, now with the SEC Network, numerous talk radio shows, & postcast apps like BSR, there is simply no need for this. It's boring & we don't learn anything.

Bo Bounds was saying that there's about 40% less media there this year than in the past, & I think that's a sign that this thing is dying. Neither the NFL, MLB, or the NBA have media days, so why should the SEC?

GTHOM
07-13-2016, 11:04 AM
Having some coaching experience myself I can tell you that 99 percent of what these guys say, they say it because they have to. You cant tell me all these coaches even wanna be there, I'm sure the kids love it being in the spotlight and feeling like all those reporters value your opinion but I agree this is a waste of time. I could care less, all it does for me is tell you football is here