PDA

View Full Version : CBS sports radio

archdog
07-12-2016, 07:06 PM
I was driving back from a bid today and caught about an hour's worth of CBS sports radio at 3. Doug Gottlieb sided with Dan Mullen and MSU in their approach with Jeffrey Simmons. Stated that most people were incorrectly equating this incident to Rice, Hardy, and Reyes. Said he watched the video multiple times and just didn't see the intent to do real damage in a criminal way. If you watch the video, why didn't the other people not try to break up the situation once the two women hit the ground.

I just watched the video again. Finebaum makes it sound like this guy beat her to a pulp with the intent of inflicting life endangering injuries. Finebaum has a very personal issue with MSU ever since we canned Croom and reported a known infraction during the Cam scandal. Which MSU was correct in both actions. Finebaum should not be allowed on campus. Simple as that. A blind person can see the difference between Ray Rice and Simmons situations.

Turfdawg67
07-12-2016, 07:49 PM
I was driving back from a bid today and caught about an hour's worth of CBS sports radio at 3. Doug Gottlieb sided with Dan Mullen and MSU in their approach with Jeffrey Simmons. Stated that most people were incorrectly equating this incident to Rice, Hardy, and Reyes. Said he watched the video multiple times and just didn't see the intent to do real damage in a criminal way. If you watch the video, why didn't the other people not try to break up the situation once the two women hit the ground.

I just watched the video again. Finebaum makes it sound like this guy beat her to a pulp with the intent of inflicting life endangering injuries. Finebaum has a very personal issue with MSU ever since we canned Croom and reported a known infraction during the Cam scandal. Which MSU was correct in both actions. Finebaum should not be allowed on campus. Simple as that. A blind person can see the difference between Ray Rice and Simmons situations.

Yep, and Robert Smith on Sirius said the same thing... He said watch the whole video, not the last 20 sec

archdog
07-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah, seems like the people that actually reference specific details of the video (actually watched it) have a different opinion than the constant talking heads on TV. Agenda? Maybe?

DancingRabbit
07-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Just have to bite our tongue and wait for it to blow over. The current environment of click-bait media and idiots on twitter is what it is.

Half the folks going after Dan think it's about domestic violence.

And yes, Dan was correct on the wife/daughter question. Doubtful they would be starting a brawl while making fun of a recently deceased infant.

Turfdawg67
07-12-2016, 09:48 PM
This is the last I'll say about this unless Simmons gets in trouble again... Dan cut Cox, our starting safety, from the team while we were still in the hunt for an SEC Championship. Our starting safety! I don't care how many stars Justin had coming out of HS... he was our STARTING safety and he was cut for domestic violence. Don't dare compare us to OM on disciplining players.

MedDawg
07-12-2016, 09:57 PM
This is the last I'll say about this unless Simmons gets in trouble again... Dan cut Cox, our starting safety, from the team while we were still in the hunt for an SEC Championship. Our starting safety! I don't care how many stars Justin had coming out of HS... he was our STARTING safety and he was cut for domestic violence. Don't dare compare us to OM on disciplining players.

Yep, and later, after the football season, the charges were dropped or he was found not guilty. We sure could have used him.

Corn Bread
07-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Yep, and later, after the football season, the charges were dropped or he was found not guilty. We sure could have used him.

For the university and our fan base to stand behind Jeffery Simmons, yes we should and will! Mullen having a bad day, 17. He needed to be better prepared for today's cluster 17.