PDA

View Full Version : I Have No Idea What Comes Next Regarding OM

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 03:54 PM
But I will say it's gonna be wild one way or the other.

I said awhile back, that if no staff members were fired before media days, Ole Miss is gonna skate by. I still believe that.

Let's be honest, when we say "OM won't do this, or OM won't do that" who are we really talking about? It's the Chancellor, the AD, a few big time boosters, and Hugh Freeze.

If the Chancellor KNOWS that they will get killed if heads don't roll, heads would roll.

That said, if the Chancellor BELIEVES that all is good, and all turns out not good, EVERYBODY'S head will roll including his own.

Shit rolls down hill, and cover thy own ass is the law of the land.

So Hugh believes they will skate or he would have rolled some heads. (With very handsome parachutes for his guys)

So Bjork think they skate, or heads would have been rolled, maybe even Hugh's. (Again with very handsome parachutes)

So the Chancellor thinks they will skate, or heads would have rolled. (Again with very, very handsome parachutes)

The boosters heads can't roll. They will continue to run things because they pay to run things.

As I said a while back, the strategy was to have lower level boosters take the blame, which really has no effect on the boosters what so ever, and to save Hugh Freeze.

They think they have done it. I really think they have complete faith that they have dodged the bullet.

So when we loosely say "They are all in" we are only talking about 3 men and a group of boosters.

Those 3 men have no innate, true love and loyalty to Ole Miss. It's a well paying job and they are loyal to the check and the advancement of their careers.

I can see Hugh being all in because what choice does he have? He's done if it goes south no matter what. Might as well hang on to the end.

Bjork realizes, like Freeze, that he's dead in the water no matter what if it is major penalties. Might as well hang on to the end also. They are joined at the hip. If Freezes gets it, Bjork gets it. Freeze can survive Bjork getting the axe. Bjork can't survive Hugh getting it. He may be AD, but he is less valuable the the main boosters than Freeze, and he knows it.

The Chancellor is dead if the other 2 get hit. But he could save his own ass if he sees it coming.

Therefore, again, either he truly believes they will skate, or he has been badly fooled.

The boosters will be their normal selves no matter what.

If they get hit they will fire everybody. They will cry crocodile tears over what Freeze did to "Their" program, knowing all along, that they are the most guilty guys in the room.

They will say assistants lied to Freeze, then Freeze lied to Bjork, then Bjork lied to the Chancellor, then the Chancellor lied to us.

They will then vow to never let it happen again, then go right out and hire a new snake oil salesman.

It's the Culture of Corruption.

But they really think they are gonna get off light. They truly do.

And it looks like, by their actions, or really non actions, that they will.

And if they don't?

Oh, boy, gonna be one hell of a show.

Reason2succeed
07-12-2016, 04:08 PM
No, even the chancellor was hired to be all in too.

They BELIEVE that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to drop a program crippling bomb on them so they are calling the bluff. As a veteran SEC coach [named Nick Saban] said if the NCAA does not hammer them it's going to be the "Wild wild West"

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2016, 04:18 PM
I look at it two ways:

1. Ole Miss gets hammered and the collegiate model is preserved. In this case MSU continues to do business as they have done under Mullen.

2. Ole Miss gets off and everyone will see that the NCAA has no ability to convict in the face of overwhelming evidence. In this case, MSU boosters have a meeting with Stricklin & Keenum the next morning and outline a plan to set up a similar network. If they refuse, then we do what Ole Miss did, find a way to get a new AD and Pres.

maroonmania
07-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Or it could be they know heads are going to roll either way so its better just to ride it out. I mean they have 8 Level 1 violations in the first NOA and they really didn't dispute much of any of the findings as being inaccurate.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 04:22 PM
No, even the chancellor was hired to be all in too.

They BELIEVE that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to drop a program crippling bomb on them so they are calling the bluff. As a veteran SEC coach [named Nick Saban] said if the NCAA does not hammer them it's going to be the "Wild wild West"

This ain't done in a vacuum. If the Chancellor really thought it was gonna be bad, he'd have rolled some heads. He's safe. The boosters can't fire him for "Saving" Ole Miss football from devastating penalties. OM is bigger than Freeze in the long run.

The NCAA penalties ain't like the OJ verdict. Where the guilty have no idea what's coming. They are given the courtesy "heads up" to lessen the blow.

See Croom, Sylvester, King of the Penalty Softeners.

No coach has ever survived a case like this if harsh penalties are possible.

Not Switzer, Dye, Bowden, Ford, Dubose, Sherrill, Pell, or even Paterno.

Much less assistants.

AGAIN, I was heard from one that will be there making decisions no matter who gets fired, that it ain't gonna be that bad, that boosters will be blamed, we saved Freeze and that was the main thing.

msstate7
07-12-2016, 04:34 PM
This ain't done in a vacuum. If the Chancellor really thought it was gonna be bad, he'd have rolled some heads. He's safe. The boosters can't fire him for "Saving" Ole Miss football from devastating penalties. OM is bigger than Freeze in the long run.

The NCAA penalties ain't like the OJ verdict. Where the guilty have no idea what's coming. They are given the courtesy "heads up" to lessen the blow.

See Croom, Sylvester, King of the Penalty Softeners.

No coach has ever survived a case like this if harsh penalties are possible.

Not Switzer, Dye, Bowden, Ford, Dubose, Sherrill, Pell, or even Paterno.

Much less assistants.

AGAIN, I was heard from one that will be there making decisions no matter who gets fired, that it ain't gonna be that bad, that boosters will be blamed, we saved Freeze and that was the main thing.

Well then what did your guy say would be the penalties? From all accounts, theres still an ongoing investigation (or just ended) and I have a hard time believing the NCAA says don't sweat it, freeze is fine

Dawgology
07-12-2016, 04:39 PM

I said awhile back, that if no staff members were fired before media days, Ole Miss is gonna skate by. I still believe that.

Let's be honest, when we say "OM won't do this, or OM won't do that" who are we really talking about? It's the Chancellor, the AD, a few big time boosters, and Hugh Freeze.

If the Chancellor KNOWS that they will get killed if heads don't roll, heads would roll.

That said, if the Chancellor BELIEVES that all is good, and all turns out not good, EVERYBODY'S head will roll including his own.

So Hugh believes they will skate or he would have rolled some heads. (With very handsome parachutes for his guys)

So Bjork think they skate, or heads would have been rolled, maybe even Hugh's. (Again with very handsome parachutes)

So the Chancellor thinks they will skate, or heads would have rolled. (Again with very, very handsome parachutes)

The boosters heads can't roll. They will continue to run things because they pay to run things.

As I said a while back, the strategy was to have lower level boosters take the blame, which really has no effect on the boosters what so ever, and to save Hugh Freeze.

They think they have done it. I really think they have complete faith that they have dodged the bullet.

So when we loosely say "They are all in" we are only talking about 3 men and a group of boosters.

Those 3 men have no innate, true love and loyalty to Ole Miss. It's a well paying job and they are loyal to the check and the advancement of their careers.

I can see Hugh being all in because what choice does he have? He's done if it goes south no matter what. Might as well hang on to the end.

Bjork realizes, like Freeze, that he's dead in the water no matter what if it is major penalties. Might as well hang on to the end also. They are joined at the hip. If Freezes gets it, Bjork gets it. Freeze can survive Bjork getting the axe. Bjork can't survive Hugh getting it. He may be AD, but he is less valuable the the main boosters than Freeze, and he knows it.

The Chancellor is dead if the other 2 get hit. But he could save his own ass if he sees it coming.

Therefore, again, either he truly believes they will skate, or he has been badly fooled.

If they get hit they will fire everybody. They will cry crocodile tears over what Freeze did to "Their" program, knowing all along, that they are the most guilty guys in the room.

They will say assistants lied to Freeze, then Freeze lied to Bjork, then Bjork lied to the Chancellor, then the Chancellor lied to us.

They will then vow to never let it happen again, then go right out and hire a new snake oil salesman.

And if they don't?

It's been my understanding that firing a coach would be tantamount to admitting culpability. They don't want to do that as they are arguing the majority of the violation's severity. To fire a coach then argue against the allegations would swear your own argument. In regards to statements by the Chancellor I have no idea because I haven't heard them. I do know that "nothing to see here" has been UNM's party line since day one and I don't expect that to change. I would be interested to see if he was referring to their own "investigation" or the NCAA's investigation. All in all I imagine they will be singing "nothing to see here" as the ship burns and sinks.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Well then what did your guy say would be the penalties? From all accounts, theres still an ongoing investigation (or just ended) and I have a hard time believing the NCAA says don't sweat it, freeze is fine

He didn't, and he didn't seem to care as long as Freeze was safe. I figure he thinks they will tack on a few more scholly's, but no show cause.

To tell the truth, that's what most State fans want, Freeze's ass, and what OM fan's want is to save Freeze.

I said all along it will be slightly worse than OM fans think, not near bad enough for us.

msstate7
07-12-2016, 04:53 PM
He didn't, and he didn't seem to care as long as Freeze was safe. I figure he thinks they will tack on a few more scholly's, but no show cause.

To tell the truth, that's what most State fans want, Freeze's ass, and what OM fan's want is to save Freeze.

I said all along it will be slightly worse than OM fans think, not near bad enough for us.

I want at least 1 year of postseason ban and 25-30 scholarships... That will end freeze in due time

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:03 PM
I want at least 1 year of postseason ban and 25-30 scholarships... That will end freeze in due time

Can't see it. If they thought that bad was coming, they'd shitcan somebody to lessen it.

M.Fillmore
07-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Can't see it. If they thought that bad was coming, they'd shitcan somebody to lessen it.

I see 20+ now. But more coming under NOA, part II. To some degree, they will get what they have long deserved.

Tripp McNeely
07-12-2016, 05:16 PM

I don't question your loyalty or honesty whatsoever. ...I do, however question your ability to "consider the source"

GreenheadDawg
07-12-2016, 05:19 PM
I don't question your loyalty or honesty whatsoever. ...I do, however question your ability to "consider the source"

I'm starting to question it. Literally every post is something downplaying the situation. He says "nothing to see here" more than any OM buddy I have.

BossDawg
07-12-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm with maroonmania that they're in "ride it out" mode. I really do believe there's an alliance of sorts with Freeze, Bjork, and the assistants, and that they have agreed to let the NCAA make the decisions for them. Why? How do you think it would go over if Freeze fired, say, Kiffin or Womack? Don't you think they'd be a little upset and might sing like a bird about some shenanigans Freeze has pulled?

I think at this point they are all pretty much holding each other hostage.

Turfdawg67
07-12-2016, 05:26 PM

With all due respect, you are full of it... The NCAA isn't going to spend 3+ years investigating a school, close said investigation with 8 Level 1 violations... reopen the investigation thanks to a player admitting, on national tv, that he took money from coaches... disregard all of that plus the fact that multiple sports, coaches and ADs were involved over many different regimes and then give OM a slap on the wrist.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:28 PM
I see 20+ now. But more coming under NOA, part II. To some degree, they will get what they have long deserved.

This guy wasn't talking to me. I don't bug him with this crap, and he doesn't me. We share a fishing interest together. A dumbass OM fan asked him about it in front of me and that was his answer.

There is no one bigger, influence wise, and he hasn't been to jail like the one who is on his level. Archie is on that level, the Fed Ex guy and a couple of more guys.

Dawgology
07-12-2016, 05:34 PM
So your source said the Chancellor said this?

Virgil Caine
07-12-2016, 05:34 PM
It's been my understanding that firing a coach would be tantamount to admitting culpability. They don't want to do that as they are arguing the majority of the violation's severity. To fire a coach then argue against the allegations would swear your own argument. In regards to statements by the Chancellor I have no idea because I haven't heard them. I do know that "nothing to see here" has been UNM's party line since day one and I don't expect that to change. I would be interested to see if he was referring to their own "investigation" or the NCAA's investigation. All in all I imagine they will be singing "nothing to see here" as the ship burns and sinks.
I don't think the NCAA would treat firing a coach as admitting cuplability. That would incentivize programs to keep crooked coaches and play the odds, hoping that they would avoid liability altogether. A better rule would be to not consider firing the coach. That way if a program finds a problem, they can fire the coach(es) without necessarily opening themselves up to NCAA punishment.

I don't think we should read something into OM keeping their coaches one way or another. It could mean something or it could mean nothing.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm starting to question it. Literally every post is something downplaying the situation. He says "nothing to see here" more than any OM buddy I have.

I'm a realist. I don't deal in hope and maybes.

Look back during the recruiting season and see everybody that attacked me for saying exactly what you just did.

See how many times I was right, and them wrong.

When the LB from SHS was gonna announce , look who was "negative" but right.

I don't post rumors, only stuff I know 1st hand. And I know that the powers to be at OM think they will be ok.

I think they should get hammered. I also think Kate Upton needs to call me and offer a 3 way with me , her and her friend that's hotter than her. So it doesn't matter what I think.

You want sunshine pumped up your ass, then I ain't your man.

Tripp McNeely
07-12-2016, 05:38 PM
This guy wasn't talking to me. I don't bug him with this crap, and he doesn't me. We share a fishing interest together. A dumbass OM fan asked him about it in front of me and that was his answer.

There is no one bigger, influence wise, and he hasn't been to jail like the one who is on his level. Archie is on that level, the Fed Ex guy and a couple of more guys.

But like every om fan, even when they are talking to their own, they will always go with the most pro-om spin possible. From Archie down to Joe Blow from Pontotoc, they're all the same. They're not trying to "deceive the State fan" or anything to that affect...when they get the cliched label of "most delusional fanbase", it's based on statistics and no outside perception

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:40 PM
With all due respect, you are full of it... The NCAA isn't going to spend 3+ years investigating a school, close said investigation with 8 Level 1 violations... reopen the investigation thanks to a player admitting, on national tv, that he took money from coaches... disregard all of that plus the fact that multiple sports, coaches and ADs were involved over many different regimes and then give OM a slap on the wrist.

I didn't say they were getting a slap on the wrist. The damn title of my post was I don't know whats gonna happen.

I do know the people that matter, not their dumbass fans, think they are gonna be ok.

I just don't see them risking total devastation if they didn't think it so. Maybe they haven't gotten the "heads up" yet.

But I fully think if they go in front of that committee with no one being fired, it ain't gonna be that bad.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:41 PM
So your source said the Chancellor said this?

The Chancellor wasn't hired without this guy's ok.

Tripp McNeely
07-12-2016, 05:41 PM
I'm a realist. I don't deal in hope and maybes.

...but they do, across every one of their demographics and influence levels. So, when you take what one of them says as gospel, this is the "information" you are getting

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't think the NCAA would treat firing a coach as admitting cuplability. That would incentivize programs to keep crooked coaches and play the odds, hoping that they would avoid liability altogether. A better rule would be to not consider firing the coach. That way if a program finds a problem, they can fire the coach(es) without necessarily opening themselves up to NCAA punishment.

I don't think we should read something into OM keeping their coaches one way or another. It could mean something or it could mean nothing.

Bama fired Davis, we fired Mirando.

Believe me, it matters

msstate7
07-12-2016, 05:42 PM

So, you overheard an answer from an om high up to some random om guy and take what he said as the gospel? Maybe, just maybe he didn't tell everything that he knows and perhaps he put some wishful thinking in his response. Maybe he knew you were playing PI and spun it. Personally I have a hard time believing anyone affiliated with om knows exactly what the penalties will be

msstate7
07-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Bama fired Davis, we fired Mirando.

Believe me, it matters

Who did usc fire? I know Pete Carroll bolted, but can't remember who else was fired

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:45 PM
But like every om fan, even when they are talking to their own, they will always go with the most pro-om spin possible. From Archie down to Joe Blow from Pontotoc, they're all the same. They're not trying to "deceive the State fan" or anything to that affect...when they get the cliched label of "most delusional fanbase", it's based on statistics and no outside perception

He isn't a typical fan. Scruggs and the like disgust him. He loves OM but you wouldn't think he was as big as he is. Unlike 99.9% of those fools, he hardly ever mentions OM

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Who did usc fire? I know Pete Carroll bolted, but can't remember who else was fired

If you think Pete would have survived that, you are naive.

msstate7
07-12-2016, 05:49 PM
If you think Pete would have survived that, you are naive.

You're saying freeze will survive this when the rules have changed to hold the HC responsible.

BTW, I wasn't saying Carroll would've survived it. I was just wondering if they fired anyone or rode it out like om is doing

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 05:56 PM
You're saying freeze will survive this when the rules have changed to hold the HC responsible.

BTW, I wasn't saying Carroll would've survived it. I was just wondering if they fired anyone or rode it out like om is doing

No. Damn can anyone comprehend what they read?

This was a thread basically saying that OM believes they will skate, and are risking nine tons of hell if they are wrong. That's all. no prediction of what's gonna happen. AGAIN, that's the damn title of this thread.

As far as what I AM saying it is that I can see in no sane universe where OM, which again is really the Chancellor and 5-7 boosters, risk everything to save a damn football coach on a roll of the dice. Therefore THEY truly believe it's gonna be ok. If they are wrong it will be one hell of a show. That's ALL I'm saying.

My guy would save OM over Freeze any day. I know that 100%

AlmostPositive
07-12-2016, 05:58 PM
"I Have No Idea What Comes Next Regarding OM"

I agree with the original poster's first sentence.

But if you want to make sure you are wrong about the penalty, listen to give some credence to what any Ole Miss source says.

They will be well and truly sodomized before this is over.

msstate7
07-12-2016, 05:59 PM
No. Damn can anyone comprehend what they read?

This was a thread basically saying that OM believes they will skate, and are risking nine tons of hell if they are wrong. That's all. no prediction of what's gonna happen. AGAIN, that's the damn title of this thread.

As far as what I AM saying it is that I can see in no sane universe where OM, which again is really the Chancellor and 5-7 boosters, risk everything to save a damn football coach on a roll of the dice. Therefore THEY truly believe it's gonna be ok. If they are wrong it will be one hell of a show. That's ALL I'm saying.

My guy would save OM over Freeze any day. I know that 100%

If you say an om guy believes freeze is safe and then go on to build the guy up as a guy in the know, aren't you in essence saying I believe what the guy says?

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:02 PM
If you say an om guy believes freeze is safe and then go on to build the guy up as a guy in the know, aren't you in essence saying I believe what the guy says?

Yes I do. I think he truly believes that. If he has been lied to, like I said, it will be one hell of a show.

Reason2succeed
07-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Freeze is a false prophet. Bjork proved on Finebaum in Destin that he is a very talented liar. I don't doubt that people around their program think that they are going to skate.
They also think they are SEC elites.
They think every one else is jealous of their success.
They think Oxford is the center of the southern social universe.
They think black players enjoy playing under confederate banners and slogans.
They think they are a well respected academic university.

They may THINK they are going to skate but they are not. If Vegas had odds on it I would place a bet and I'm not a betting man. Eight level 1 violations and four more possible means that at the very least the NCAA has to hammer them or the NCAA will cease to exist.

msbulldog
07-12-2016, 06:07 PM

I don't think saving Freeze is going to help them. If they lose enough scholarships, they are going to lose. I don't think freeze is a good enough recruiter to overcome a major loss of scholarships. Matter of fact, I don't know how good a recruiter he is without cheating.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Freeze is a false prophet. Bjork proved on Finebaum in Destin that he is a very talented liar. I don't doubt that people around their program think that they are going to skate.
They also think they are SEC elites.
They think every one else is jealous of their success.
They think Oxford is the center of the southern social universe.
They think black players enjoy playing under confederate banners and slogans.
They think they are a well respected academic university.

They may THINK they are going to skate but they are not. If Vegas had odds on it I would place a bet and I'm not a betting man. Eight level 1 violations and four more possible means that at the very least the NCAA has to hammer them or the NCAA will cease to exist.

You are talking about their dumbass fans. Not the actual decision makers, or at least not all. Those guys didn't get where they are by being stupid.

msstate7
07-12-2016, 06:08 PM
You are talking about their dumbass fans. Not the actual decision makers, or at least not all. Those guys didn't get where they are by being stupid.
Where they are is in a crap load of trouble, so the decision makers haven't been doing such a sound job imo

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Where they are is in a crap load of trouble, so the decision makers haven't been doing such a sound job imo

I agree, but had Tunsil not started whooping ass, they had been doing pretty good.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:15 PM
I still think the ACT stuff is what they will have to pay dearly for. Cann't put that on Hugh, even though I believe he was in on that on the ground floor when he was on staff under Eddie O. THat's why they are fighting so hard for Nix. He's accused as the same stuff as Vaughn, and Vaughn got fired. If they can get Nix out of it will soften the blow because he has been on both staffs, unlike the others there now.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:18 PM
I don't think saving Freeze is going to help them. If they lose enough scholarships, they are going to lose. I don't think freeze is a good enough recruiter to overcome a major loss of scholarships. Matter of fact, I don't know how good a recruiter he is without cheating.

They think he's a damn X & O guru. That can out coach anybody. He can't. If not for Wallace and Kelly he's a 7-6 6-6 coach.

But hell, we gotta admit, he's coached circles around Mullen for the most part.

TrapGame
07-12-2016, 06:21 PM

Stupid? No, but arrogant and full of their own hubris. Pride goeth before a fall.

AlmostPositive
07-12-2016, 06:32 PM
It's too late for Ole Miss to quit lying now.

Spiderman is listening to some desperate dishonest folks.

They will get hammered.

Dawgcentral
07-12-2016, 06:36 PM

Since this was a big time OM booster talking the party line to a lesser booster, I have a hard time believing his version of truth will prevail. Just considering the source and who he was talking to. Why would he lie? Please don't ask me for a list.

msbulldog
07-12-2016, 06:37 PM
I don't think you can count on the their chancellor being smart, impressive credentials, but smart doesn't run in his family. His brother David Vitter was a congressman from over here in Louisiana, was run out of Congress for messing with hookers. Then he was dumb enough to run for governor and got beat by a crooked democrat. Stupid runs in that family, sorry the chancellor has book sense, but lacking in common sense.

Reason2succeed
07-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Maybe it's just me but I feel like this thread is essentially an intervention where we are trying to talk Spider-Man out of his addiction to listening to lying OM boosters.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yQEDQKbWf03v2/giphy.gif

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Since this was a big time OM booster talking the party line to a lesser booster, I have a hard time believing his version of truth will prevail. Just considering the source and who he was talking to. Why would he lie? Please don't ask me for a list.

If you were with George Bryan, a sanderson or a Seal and they said something like that to some one, would you not be on here reporting what you heard? Would you believe it?

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Maybe it's just me but I feel like this thread is essentially an intervention where we are trying to talk Spider-Man out of his addiction to listening to lying OM boosters.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yQEDQKbWf03v2/giphy.gif

maybe this is why I don't melt down like 99% of people here when things don't go the way we want.

I'm just a realist. Again, if you want sunshine up your ass, i aint your man.

Would love to report only good news, but that ain't the real world

i hope like hell they get the death penalty and that they are never heard from again.

1bigdawg
07-12-2016, 06:57 PM
My Ole Miss booster source, who has access to the top boosters believes they will skate, also. He says they have exhibited exemplary cooperation and have over penalized themselves already. They thought 9 over 3 was harsh, but wanted to show good faith by over-penalizing themselves. So, they figured out they could count one back and penalized themselves one more.

msstate7
07-12-2016, 06:58 PM
If you were with George Bryan, a sanderson or a Seal and they said something like that to some one, would you not be on here reporting what you heard? Would you believe it?

Probably so, but I'd realize that guys in their position don't go around telling everyone everything they know. I'd take what I heard with a grain of salt

Dawgcentral
07-12-2016, 07:03 PM

Absolutely not. You've said you were fishing with these guys. If either of the two or more of which you were fishing could get wind of your statement here, and you'd never hear a peep from them again. I'd never risk my access to the source in that manner.

But I understand that that's just me.

I can honestly say that one significant booster might have been trying to appease another. It depends greatly on the context of the conversation I guess, and how this guy feels about the other. I have no idea of the dynamic of the relationships of those present.

M.Fillmore
07-12-2016, 07:07 PM
I have no doubt the upper level bears are confident. However, they underestimate the animus against the SEC across the nation. I have a buddy who has coached in the CWS. A couple of years ago their archrival was in the CWS finals against South Carolina. He was pulling for his archrival because the opponent was an SEC team. Can you imagine Cohen pulling for the Bears to win the national title?

The nation wants an SEC school to get pounded. The Bears are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Absolutely not. You've said you were fishing with these guys. If either of the two or more of which you were fishing could get wind of your statement here, and you'd never hear a peep from them again. I'd never risk my access to the source in that manner.

But I understand that that's just me.

I can honestly say that one significant booster might have been trying to appease another. It depends greatly on the context of the conversation I guess, and how this guy feels about the other. I have no idea of the dynamic of the relationships of those present.

I never said we were all fishing together. When we see each other we talk fishing, because we have places on the same lake. So does the other guy, he's not just some dude.

We were all at a cooking together when this guy walked up and asked. I was there and heard it.

The guy he told it to was no stranger.

Dawgcentral
07-12-2016, 07:12 PM
You could be dead on correct Spider-Man. For now, I'm going to have my doubts. While I have scratched my head as to why no one has been fired, I still can't accept that this won't be really bad for OM.

M.Fillmore
07-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Deleted. Double post.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 07:18 PM
You could be dead on correct Spider-Man. For now, I'm going to have my doubts. While I have scratched my head as to why no one has been fired, I still can't accept that this won't be really bad for OM.

Correct about what?

I have never said what Ole Miss will or won't get.

Common sense, which they may have none of, says somebody has to be sacrificed to appease the NCAA if it's bad. But that's a rational guess.

Maybe common sense is my downfall.

GreenheadDawg
07-12-2016, 07:18 PM
My Ole Miss booster source, who has access to the top boosters believes they will skate, also. He says they have exhibited exemplary cooperation and have over penalized themselves already. They thought 9 over 3 was harsh, but wanted to show good faith by over-penalizing themselves. So, they figured out they could count one back and penalized themselves one more.

L.O.****ing. L

scottycameron
07-12-2016, 07:21 PM
You guys aren't getting it. Spider ain't fishing with nobody. It's too f'n hot for that anyway. What just happened was the uNM chancellor just spoke publicly for the first time since he has taken the job. He is new and he has remained silent. Now he's talking and he is saying what spider said. Wow, big coincidence spider was fishing while their chancellor was commenting on it for the first time. I don't like where this is going, we need to find out more about new allegations. Not rumors, but actual evidence of it.
Their chancellor drew the line in the sand and that is what spider is referring to (nice story about the sources but complete f'n BS).
I posted this in another thread, this is going to get interesting, and somebody is completely full of it.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Texas fired Vaughn before he was sanctioned. Just the allegation was enough.

Bama fired Davis for a minor thing.

I just can't wrap my head around 3 coaches being named as Level 1 violators and still having a job.

Like I said, Freeze and Bjork have no loyalty but to themselves. They seem to be willing to go down in flames.

It just seems amazing that OM is gonna let them take them with them.

Reason2succeed
07-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I'm not arguing that boosters are t confident. I'm saying boosters get lied to too. Bernie Madoff made a killing lying to people like them. Bjork has those types of "skills" and Freeze is better than a silver tongue televangelist. The fact that you are buying it because they are buying it is what I'm critical of.

AlmostPositive
07-12-2016, 07:24 PM
I never said we were all fishing together. When we see each other we talk fishing, because we have places on the same lake. So does the other guy, he's not just some dude.

We were all at a cooking together when this guy walked up and asked. I was there and heard it.

The guy he told it to was no stranger.

Just show up for your plate of crow when the time comes.

Spiderman
07-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Just show up for your plate of crow when the time comes.

for what?

basedog
07-12-2016, 07:29 PM
I pretty much agree with Spider. I've heard similar stories from OM friends. Hope I'm wrong but not firing anyone by now is very strange.

basedog
07-12-2016, 07:32 PM

NCAA is worthless, useless and just as bad as today's politicians. I have no trust in them.

Dawgcentral
07-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Correct about what?

I have never said what Ole Miss will or won't get.

Common sense, which they may have none of, says somebody has to be sacrificed to appease the NCAA if it's bad. But that's a rational guess.

Maybe common sense is my downfall.

Correct in trusting your source enough to make the post.

AlmostPositive
07-12-2016, 07:38 PM
OM friends.

Not who you should be giving any credence at this point.

basedog
07-12-2016, 07:41 PM

Just saying.

The Network will regroup quickly, they've been around since the JV days. No doubt OM has circled all of their wagons.

Tripp McNeely
07-12-2016, 08:04 PM

My point exactly! I don't care about their level of influence, income, or knowledge of the situation...I'm some ways "they are all alike". Delusion has its levels of extremity, but it's present in ALL of them...no matter how "rational" they seem to be

Bothrops
07-12-2016, 08:08 PM

And if they don't?

Well I can tell what's going to happen to Ole Miss, they're gonna be forced to eat a dick..that's what's gonna happen.

PMDawg
07-12-2016, 08:38 PM
maybe this is why I don't melt down like 99% of people here when things don't go the way we want.

I'm just a realist. Again, if you want sunshine up your ass, i aint your man.

Would love to report only good news, but that ain't the real world

i hope like hell they get the death penalty and that they are never heard from again.

I appreciate your insight and you posting your information. You are more accurate than 99.9% of the folks on here. Keep it up!

Reason2succeed
07-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Why do we as State alums and fans feel the need to affirm the sentiments of our rival? The level of their delusion is only matched by the degree to which some of us have bought into their hype.

Dawgowar
07-12-2016, 09:05 PM
It's simple - UNM cannot know one way or the other. The NCAA has not selected the from the pool for the COI handling their case.

A date has not been set.

We all have theories and predictions on the outcome of the COI, but really nobody knows.

There is a good track record on this board as to what is happening in relation to the actual NCAA investigation. Per C34, the consensus at UNM when the NCAA left was "OH SHIT"

Another NOA appears to be coming. C34 and Rosy - decent track records on the investigation.

Now their Chancellor says 'All Clear' - so did SMU's before he said 'Stop Misbehaving', before his boosters kept rolling.

Nobody knows what the COI will do period. We have wishful thinking on penalties. UNM boosters have wishful thinking on penalties. That's it.

Just let it play out. They are scared now and bluffing more to convince themselves all is well. It's not.

nsvltndog
07-12-2016, 09:06 PM
It should definitely be hammer time, but if any school out there could find a way out of this mess it would be them.

I still think the NCAA hammers them. If Freeze survives it will be interesting watching him coach when every recruit has to produce in order for them to remain relevant.

AlmostPositive
07-12-2016, 09:13 PM
for what?

For this:

"I said awhile back, that if no staff members were fired before media days, Ole Miss is gonna skate by. I still believe that."

OM is not skating.

Todd4State
07-12-2016, 09:50 PM
My memory may be fuzzy because it was 20 years+ ago but the last time Ole Miss was being investigated even close to this level in the early 90's they didn't fire Billy Brewer until they were absolutely forced to. Which to my recollection wasn't until after they were put on probation. So, I don't think the fact that they haven't fired anyone means much at this point.

I think for the most part right now they are in let's ride this out as long as we can mode. Firing coaches right now doesn't make much sense from where I sit because they could very well skate and in the highly unlikely event that happens- as in if Ole Miss skates I could see it pissing people like Alabama, Georgia, and Texas off enough that they break away from the NCAA and the organization altogether. Anyway if they fire coaches and skate they're going to look ridiculous and guilty. Plus what kind of coaches are going to want to go there with this massive investigation going on right now? That would be like me taking a high level management job at Enron after things went down there a few years ago. Odds are very good that Freeze will be gone when this is all said and done and when that happens that usually means a completely new staff comes in and takes over. Plus, it's not like anyone associated with Freeze is going to be a great reference right now anyway in wake of the other former Ole Miss assistants that have been fired. What NCAA team right now would take that kind of risk on right now anyway?

Plus, they're going to be trying to stockpile as much talent as they can right now because they know that they are about to be hit with something. Even if they lost 9 over three- that could affect their depth and recruiting down the road as I imagine they use the final spots in their class on the Denzel Nkemdiche's to get some type of connection with some top prospect down the road. Firing coaches right now is going to hurt their recruiting.

And none of this is taking into account the fact that Ole Miss thinks that all they have to do to get their way is lawyer up and sue. Which takes me to my next point which is whatever they get I'm 100% sure that they are going to appeal it. Which is going to drag all of this out even longer.

My guess is we won't know what Ole Miss is going to get until the summer of 2017. And that's just for the first NOA. I think once that happens- and then this second NOA comes to light THEN something will happen to their coaches.

Dawgology
07-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Have you guys ever been involved in a criminal trial as jurors or witnesses? I've been part of more than a few major cases throughout my career. Maybe you've even seen this on TV. The guiltiest of the guilty NEVER plea. Never. Why? Because the toss of the dice offers more hope than certainty of the plea. If you don't have a bargaining chip then you don't plea. You circle the wagons and you take your chances...otherwise you get destroyed in sentencing on the plea.

UNM is exhibiting this behavior. They don't have a bargaining chip. They know that if they concede the NCAA will hammer them into oblivion so they are tossing the dice. I'm sorry but you don't fire a coach if you plan on fighting it. To fire a coach would be to, hands down, concede defeat. How could you argue the severity of a violation AFTER firing a coach for said violation? No. You hang on to everyone and argue your case. I don't expect anyone to be fired until the NCAA hands down their first set of sanction then, after the second investigation becomes public knowledge, you will see the rest of the regime go away (resignations or firing).

tireddawg
07-12-2016, 10:48 PM

You say you don't know what's gonna happen but you do think they won't get hit hard. Correct?

HSVDawg
07-12-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm with maroonmania that they're in "ride it out" mode. I really do believe there's an alliance of sorts with Freeze, Bjork, and the assistants, and that they have agreed to let the NCAA make the decisions for them. Why? How do you think it would go over if Freeze fired, say, Kiffin or Womack? Don't you think they'd be a little upset and might sing like a bird about some shenanigans Freeze has pulled?

I think at this point they are all pretty much holding each other hostage.

Exactly. It's the prisoner's dilemma. They know that they maximize their collective chances by sticking to the same story and not taking any actions (like firing some assistants) that would implicitly suggest their story isn't true or encourage other parts of the story to come out.

I also don't think that anyone at OM (regardless of how high up the ladder they are) has any idea of what the NCAA is going to do.

Todd4State
07-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Have you guys ever been involved in a criminal trial as jurors or witnesses? I've been part of more than a few major cases throughout my career. Maybe you've even seen this on TV. The guiltiest of the guilty NEVER plea. Never. Why? Because the toss of the dice offers more hope than certainty of the plea. If you don't have a bargaining chip then you don't plea. You circle the wagons and you take your chances...otherwise you get destroyed in sentencing on the plea.

UNM is exhibiting this behavior. They don't have a bargaining chip. They know that if they concede the NCAA will hammer them into oblivion so they are tossing the dice. I'm sorry but you don't fire a coach if you plan on fighting it. To fire a coach would be to, hands down, concede defeat. How could you argue the severity of a violation AFTER firing a coach for said violation? No. You hang on to everyone and argue your case. I don't expect anyone to be fired until the NCAA hands down their first set of sanction then, after the second investigation becomes public knowledge, you will see the rest of the regime go away (resignations or firing).

I have not served on a jury but what you are saying makes a lot of sense. That plus they are trying to enjoy staying relevant as long as possible. It's just how they roll.

I do think right now that they have a lot of what they "hope will happen" going on right now.

That said, it doesn't make sense for the NCAA to let them skate from the NCAA's point of view because the NCAA has more to lose from their standpoint by letting them skate.

HoopsDawg
07-12-2016, 11:33 PM

I believe what you are saying. Here's where you are off. I do think the chancellor and the 5-7 boosters are willing to roll the dice on Freeze. They know the ncaa has been a toothless organization. And Freeze is everything they want in a coach.

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 07:26 AM
For this:

"I said awhile back, that if no staff members were fired before media days, Ole Miss is gonna skate by. I still believe that."

OM is not skating.

They won't get off scoot free by any means, but if this current staff stays together, logic is that it shouldn't be much worse than the self imposed stuff. Few more schollys and the length of probation.

That's an OPINION, not a prediction.

Boodawg
07-13-2016, 07:27 AM
Did the NCAA really say that UM has had "Exemplary Cooperation"? I thought this was shot down by the latest from NCAA.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-13-2016, 08:06 AM
They won't get off scoot free by any means, but if this current staff stays together, logic is that it shouldn't be much worse than the self imposed stuff. Few more schollys and the length of probation.

I haven't read the whole thread, so this may have been brought up...

I agree with the logic, but in Freeze's interview the other day on ESPN he was asked about the Tunsil draft night texts and whether they were true or not. Freeze said that he couldn't comment due to the fact that it's still being looked into and wasn't finalized. If that's true, then there's still a chance either Barney or Miller could be let go or more stuff comes out.

AlmostPositive
07-13-2016, 08:42 AM

Did you think OJ was framed?

For some reason you have fallen for the only gambit OM has left: keep lying and hope to pull a plum out of a turd pie

No one in the Western Hemisphere is going to have the word "skate" in mind after the final penalties are announced.

I will give you 20 - 1 odds that there will be multiple show causes, bowl bans, double the scholarship reductions OM proposed, or all of the above.

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 09:05 AM

For some reason you have fallen for the only gambit OM has left: keep lying and hope to pull a plum out of a turd pie

No one in the Western Hemisphere is going to have the word "skate" in mind after the final penalties are announced.

I will give you 20 - 1 odds that there will be multiple show causes, bowl bans, double the scholarship reductions OM proposed, or all of the above.

Hope you are right.

But if you are offering a legit 20-1 on all of the above,

Let's get this straight.. Bowl BANS (plural) double the proposed scholarship reductions, and the MULTIPLE show causes on current staff members, I'll take $100.

Hell, I'd win either way.

Gladly pay $100 for all that to come true.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-13-2016, 09:28 AM

That's pretty confident...dare I say almost positive?

AlmostPositive
07-13-2016, 09:39 AM
Anyone Ole Miss fires now can probably bring the program down unless they are paid off with a healthy multiple of what they would have made over the next year or two.

Does anyone seriously think OM coaches were acting on their own, risking show causes without any input from on high?

You are playing with fire if you fire someone for doing exactly what they were told to do so you can make yourself look better in the eyes of the NCAA...

Johnson85
07-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Hope you are right.

But if you are offering a legit 20-1 on all of the above,

Let's get this straight.. Bowl BANS (plural) double the proposed scholarship reductions, and the MULTIPLE show causes on current staff members, I'll take $100.

Hell, I'd win either way.

Gladly pay $100 for all that to come true.

Looks like the be is an "OR", not an "And". If it were all of the above, I'd go in for as much as he had an appetite for at 20-1. I'd still bet $100 to $500 for the "OR" bet, but I think there's a decent chance that two current staff members get show causes and that we still end up a little disappointed with the overall penalties.

Boodawg
07-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Any more info on the hit piece that's supposed to come out today or tomorrow morning?

AlmostPositive
07-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Looks like the be is an "OR", not an "And". If it were all of the above, I'd go in for as much as he had an appetite for at 20-1. I'd still bet $100 to $500 for the "OR" bet, but I think there's a decent chance that two current staff members get show causes and that we still end up a little disappointed with the overall penalties.

I would seriously bet any reasonable sum as stipulated

a) it is indeed any of the above
b) "bowl bans" means there will be a bowl ban, not necessarily multiple ones... as in "Shots Fired!" when there si just one...
c) Multiple show causes for OM staff past and present.

The same Ole Miss folks who have blustered and whistled past the graveyard every step of the way and have been proven wrong at every turn deserve zero credibility. Don't waste you time even listening. They are bluffing.

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 10:14 AM

b) "bowl bans" means there will be a bowl ban, not necessarily multiple ones... as in "Shots Fired!" when there si just one...

The same Ole Miss folks who have blustered and whistled past the graveyard every step of the way and have been proven wrong at every turn deserve zero credibility. Don't waste you time even listening. They are bluffing.

Well hell, everybody knows Saunders and Vaughn probably get show causes.

On the current staff, Nix is the most likely. That's why they are fighting his charge so hard. In fact that is the only one I believe that they outright denied in their answer.

BTW, what "positive " Blabber was Yancy tweeting about this morning?

blacklistedbully
07-13-2016, 10:17 AM

I don't want Freeze gone unless it's necessary to get crippling scholarship reductions and bowl-bans. I think a Hugh Freeze program, under the microscope and limited by significant scholly reductions, is a loser program. He and his staff have not shown much ability to develop players, rather depending on a bevy of, "bought & paid for", "ready-made" elite athletes to raise their program.

Hugh Freeze without, "Bama-level" recruits is a combination I'd love to see us face for years to come.

thf24
07-13-2016, 10:19 AM
What I want to know is how Freeze is going to avoid a show cause when he's pegged with both recruits and a booster in his home at the same time.

Dawgology
07-13-2016, 10:20 AM
Well hell, everybody knows Saunders and Vaughn probably get show causes.

On the current staff, Nix is the most likely. That's why they are fighting his charge so hard. In fact that is the only one I believe that they outright denied in their answer.

BTW, what "positive " Blabber was Yancy tweeting about this morning?

Excited about the transexual bathrooms.

AlmostPositive
07-13-2016, 10:24 AM
OM will show Freeze their own cause once he tries to navigate the SECW without grand-scale illegal inducements.

I am confident the Bears will be able to replace him with a Orgeron/Nutt-level candidate.

blacklistedbully
07-13-2016, 10:29 AM
I didn't say they were getting a slap on the wrist. The damn title of my post was I don't know whats gonna happen.

I do know the people that matter, not their dumbass fans, think they are gonna be ok.

I just don't see them risking total devastation if they didn't think it so. Maybe they haven't gotten the "heads up" yet.

But I fully think if they go in front of that committee with no one being fired, it ain't gonna be that bad.

I wonder if it's possible the NCAA is sending these guys false-signals, knowing UNM is dirty and knowing this case if under a magnifying glass. I wonder if the NCAA, realizing they need to make an example, are setting guys like your booster-friend up for a big fall so they are left scrambling when the ax falls.

ILOATHEBears
07-13-2016, 10:31 AM
What I want to know is how Freeze is going to avoid a show cause when he's pegged with both recruits and a booster in his home at the same time.

That's what I want to know as well. Plus it seems as if the NCAA has figured much of the network out with multiple coaches involved. That alone freeze can't deny and since he is the head man with the new rules he has to go.

blacklistedbully
07-13-2016, 10:43 AM

I would also question what a guy like that would say to a random OM fan. Assuming he's as smart and as discrete as you say he is, I could see him not giving straight answers, or even playing this fan to maintain the UNM, "narrative" as Hugh freeze likes to say. It could be they feel that narrative is a factor in curbing public opinion in hopes it will soften the blow coming from the COI.

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 10:45 AM

Good question, and one that should, but won't be asked tomorrow.

If it were it would be "longtime brothers in Christ", "had nothing intentional behind it", "a mistake"

You wanna get commode hugging drunk tomorrow? Take a drink every time you hear "mistake", "faith" "How we do things", and "perception" come out Freeze's mouth.

M.Fillmore
07-13-2016, 10:50 AM
That said, it doesn't make sense for the NCAA to let them skate from the NCAA's point of view because the NCAA has more to lose from their standpoint by letting them skate.

This in spades.

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 10:56 AM
I would also question what a guy like that would say to a random OM fan. Assuming he's as smart and as discrete as you say he is, I could see him not giving straight answers, or even playing this fan to maintain the UNM, "narrative" as Hugh freeze likes to say. It could be they feel that narrative is a factor in curbing public opinion in hopes it will soften the blow coming from the COI.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

Everyone please read this....

The guy that said it owns some neighboring property to us. We get together every now and then for a drink and to talk fishing and hunting. There is another neighbor who is a close friend of his that comes around more than me. This guy is a die hard Rebel, and typical. It's all he talks about. He asks all the time what the guy knows. I've heard him ask and be told stuff many times. It's never been wrong.

I don't bug the main guy about that crap and he doesn't bug me about it.

The main guy was cooking and this other neighbor walked up and asked what was gonna happen. He was told QUOTE " Some boosters are gonna take the blame, the plan was to save Freeze, and that's the main thing. So it ain't gonna be that bad."

He's only known this other guy like 35 years.

Is it gonna be that bad? Who the hell knows?

But I think my friend really believes what he was saying. And if so, that means the people that matter at OM believe that. Because believe me, he matters up there.

And that can be the only logical reason they have not fired somebody.

And that's all I have said.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

The guy that said it owns some neighboring property to us. We get together every now and then for a drink and to talk fishing and hunting. There is another neighbor who is a close friend of his that comes around more than me. This guy is a die hard Rebel, and typical. It's all he talks about. He asks all the time what the guy knows. I've heard him ask and be told stuff many times. It's never been wrong.

The main guy was cooking and this other neighbor walked up and asked what was gonna happen. He was told QUOTE " Some boosters are gonna take the blame, the plan was to save Freeze, and that's the main thing. So it ain't gonna be that bad."

But I think my friend really believes what he was saying. And if so, that means the people that matter at OM believe that. Because believe me, he matters up there.

Was this discussion before or after the Tunsil night draft deal?

blacklistedbully
07-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

WTF is your problem? This is the post you made I was responding to:

"This guy wasn't talking to me. I don't bug him with this crap, and he doesn't me. We share a fishing interest together. A dumbass OM fan asked him about it in front of me and that was his answer.

There is no one bigger, influence wise, and he hasn't been to jail like the one who is on his level. Archie is on that level, the Fed Ex guy and a couple of more guys."

Now you're describing this guy as, "another neighbor who is a close friend of his", etc. Then you're acting like my response was ridiculous, in part because of this new description.

Dawgology
07-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Jesus Christ!!!!!!!

WTF is your problem? This is the post you made I was responding to:

"This guy wasn't talking to me. I don't bug him with this crap, and he doesn't me. We share a fishing interest together. A dumbass OM fan asked him about it in front of me and that was his answer.

There is no one bigger, influence wise, and he hasn't been to jail like the one who is on his level. Archie is on that level, the Fed Ex guy and a couple of more guys."

Now you're describing this guy as, "another neighbor who is a close friend of his", etc. Then you're acting like my response was ridiculous, in part because of this new description.

His story is a fluid situation.

Johnson85
07-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Anyone Ole Miss fires now can probably bring the program down unless they are paid off with a healthy multiple of what they would have made over the next year or two.

Does anyone seriously think OM coaches were acting on their own, risking show causes without any input from on high?

You are playing with fire if you fire someone for doing exactly what they were told to do so you can make yourself look better in the eyes of the NCAA...

All the coaches involved in this know the deal when they get into it. If they get sacrificed, they will get taken care of enough and they will be quiet. If they squeal, they are completely done with coaching and have nothing to show for it. If they keep their mouth shut, they get some combination of a connection for their next job and/or a sweet contracting gig the results in a good payment quickly.

Johnson85
07-13-2016, 11:51 AM

Hell, that's not much of a bet. You're already half way to meeting the "multiple show causes for OM staff past and present" with Saunders and virtually guaranteed to get there with the UT coach. Even if you're talking about current staff, you've already got Barney, Kiffen, and Nix that seem likely to be on the chopping block.

LockeDawg
07-13-2016, 12:01 PM

I said all along it will be slightly worse than OM fans think, not near bad enough for us.Not true for me. I want crippling scholarship restrictions and I want to witness Freeze trying desperately to field a team that compete with those scholly losses. Then the whole nation will see if Freezus' faith and prayers are as powerful as Moses' while he leads his flock through the wilderness.

lastmajordog
07-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Is anything being brought up involving their Def Cord ?? He seems to give Mullen fits, it would be good if he was elsewhere IMO......

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Was this discussion before or after the Tunsil night draft deal?

I don't know about, nor have I heard about, Draft night stuff.

I'm strictly talking the NOA they have now

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Which coaches are tied to the level 1 violations that we know about for sure?

Spiderman
07-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Which coaches are tied to the level 1 violations that we know about for sure?

Harris, Kiffin, Nix. Freeze should be because of the in home with a booster present and the booster at his house

gravedigger
07-13-2016, 05:15 PM
Did the NCAA really say that UM has had "Exemplary Cooperation"? I thought this was shot down by the latest from NCAA.

No it didnt. Om did in their response. They stole the term from the ncaa's coi penalties describing how ULL cooperates with the investigators.

thf24
07-13-2016, 05:34 PM
No it didnt. Om did in their response. They stole the term from the ncaa's coi penalties describing how ULL cooperates with the investigators.

Best part is how the Tunsil stuff dropped soon after and revealed that their cooperation had been anything but "exemplary."

Dawgcentral
07-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Best part is how the Tunsil stuff dropped soon after and revealed that their cooperation had been anything but "exemplary."

That's the thing that sticks with me. The NCAA spent 3 years there. They question all of those coaches,..Kiffin, Barney,...and you know they asked the question: Do you know of improprieties,..blah,blah, and more blah.

Every time they had to lie, and answer NO! Lying to the NCAA used to be a bad, bad deal. Like when our receivers coach did it and was immediately fired.

These people have an institution of liars, from the AD, to the Good Reverend,..all the way to the guy washing jocks in the locker room. They've all been questioned. They've all lied.

Smoking Crater.

DawgPoundtheRock
07-13-2016, 09:19 PM
I have been reading this board for several years, and one of the things that I've learned is never dismiss out-of-hand anything that Spiderman says regarding OM. He has ventured an opinion based on a brief conversation that he overheard. That conversation involved someone that Spidey believes to be in the know and is influential at OM. The contents of that conversation seem to fly in the face of what we view as inarguable fact; i.e., the contents of the NOA. Others have added persuasive arguments such as the COI hasn't even been selected as of yet to counter Spidey's opinion. The only point of agreement is that we all hope that Sidey's information and opinion are wrong (including Spiderman). Nobody wants OM to "skate" which brings me to the point...finally...

Will someone define "skate"? Will they have skated if the NCAA adds little or nothing more than what they have self-imposed to their penalties? Will they skate if there is no postseason ban or no show cause or a significant increase in scholarship reductions? In other words, at what point are they "getting away with it"?

sandwolf
07-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Will someone define "skate"? Will they have skated if the NCAA adds little or nothing more than what they have self-imposed to their penalties? Will they skate if there is no postseason ban or no show cause or a significant increase in scholarship reductions? In other words, at what point are they "getting away with it"?

If they lose less than 20 scholarships and receive no bowl ban, then I will feel like they skated in a big way. I would be ok with it if they lost 20 scholarships and got a 1-2 year bowl ban......but if the NCAA truly wants to send the message that they are still willing and able to enforce their rules and that the risk of cheating isn't worth the reward, then they need to hit them at least as hard as they hit USC.

Spiderman
07-14-2016, 07:31 AM
If they lose less than 20 scholarships and receive no bowl ban, then I will feel like they skated in a big way. I would be ok with it if they lost 20 scholarships and got a 1-2 year bowl ban......but if the NCAA truly wants to send the message that they are still willing and able to enforce their rules and that the risk of cheating isn't worth the reward, then they need to hit them at least as hard as they hit USC.

If all coaches survive, if very punitive scholly reduction are not levied, and if every national writer is not roasting OM and Freeze for being publicly lying hypocrites, who were a cesspool of corruption, then in my opinion, they skated.

If the NCAA agrees to the weakass self imposed stuff and maybe just add a couple more schollys on top of it, I'm done ever worrying about cheating by anyone.

Johnson85
07-14-2016, 08:49 AM

Anything where the juice is clearly worth the squeeze is skating. Think about every school that has had basically no national relevance since integration. If they look at the run UM has had the last few years, and look at the penalties and how long it will take to recover from them and say, "sign me up" with no hesitation, then they skated. I think their either has to be a show cause for freeze, or there has to be scholarship reductions significant enough that it makes it hard to recover after the scholarship reducations are over. I think 20 over 4 is still skating, although that is starting to get close. I don't have a good handle on how big of an impact the different levels of scholarship reduction would hurt, but it seems like 20 over 4 would not make them bad enough that it made it difficult to recruit moving forward.

msstate7
07-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Anything where the juice is clearly worth the squeeze is skating. Think about every school that has had basically no national relevance since integration. If they look at the run UM has had the last few years, and look at the penalties and how long it will take to recover from them and say, "sign me up" with no hesitation, then they skated. I think their either has to be a show cause for freeze, or there has to be scholarship reductions significant enough that it makes it hard to recover after the scholarship reducations are over. I think 20 over 4 is still skating, although that is starting to get close. I don't have a good handle on how big of an impact the different levels of scholarship reduction would hurt, but it seems like 20 over 4 would not make them bad enough that it made it difficult to recruit moving forward.

Usc (national brand in an easier conference) lost 30 scholarships and still hasn't recovered fully

Johnson85
07-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Usc (national brand in an easier conference) lost 30 scholarships and still hasn't recovered fully

If they get 30 over 3, I would not consider that skating. They'd finish with at most, what, 55 scholarship players on the roster? And depending on redshirts, that wouldn't get any better for the year after the limitations end. And with each of three classes down to 15 signees, it'd be hard to semi-legitimately recruit anybody good, as they'd know the scholarship limitations are going to prevent them from any decent success for part of their career.

But with 20 over 4, they're dropping down to a max of 65 players, which I think is still enough to put together a team that can win OOC games and Vandy. With 20 players in a class, you know you're going to have 5 weak signees anyway, so while it definitely hurts because you don't know that you are actually culling the weak signees, it's not such a small class that potential signees see it as crippling. It'd be like taking basically all the same high school players except one or two and cutting out your JUCO signees. Maybe I'm completely wrong about how devastating 20 over 4 would be. I definitely see it shrinking the margin of error and putting you in a position where some bad evaluations or bad attrition really hurts; but I don't see it as something that will even definitely put you out of bowl contention for even one year, and I think sanctions that essentially guarantee a couple of years where bowl eligibility is out of reach, and a few years after that struggling, is what is necessary to stop it from being open season.