PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask Mullen one question today and he be forced to give an honest answer

starkvegasdawg
07-12-2016, 12:20 PM
What would it be?

Tbonewannabe
07-12-2016, 12:26 PM
What are we doing to upgrade the Oline since we get dominated by good D lines like Bama, LSU, and UM? Follow up question, do O line recruits truly hate Hevesy?

shoeless joe
07-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Is that gel or do you hit it with a wet comb every half hour?

ILOATHEBears
07-12-2016, 12:42 PM
What would it be?

Does Hevesy have "pics" of u in a precarious situation and is that why he is still here despite he and his area of expertise is what is holding this program from taking another step forward

Gutter Cobreh
07-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Is that gel or do you hit it with a wet comb every half hour?

Rep. awarded.... this is priceless

FISHDAWG
07-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Do you plan to interview elsewhere after the season ?

MoreCowbell
07-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I've been wanting to share this for a while and now have an opportunity.. My boss's son was decent 3 star OL recruit like 4/5 years ago and was courted by State and a few others. I was asking him about the recruiting process and how he liked State and he told me that his son liked State and wanted to play in the SEC but couldn't stand the guy recruiting him, "The Hevesy guy recruiting him is a real asshole and blank(son) cant stand him." This was before I knew much about the Hevesy saga and just figured it was a kid being soft. Needless to say I wasn't surprised when learning of Hevesy shortcomings in recruiting. He just obviously doesn't have the personality for recruiting. That attitude may help him when it comes to coaching but we obviously need somebody else recruiting the guys for him to coach.

Coach34
07-12-2016, 01:44 PM
"Coach, how frustrating is it trying to beat top 15 teams with an OL that gets tossed around like rag dolls? Why isnt 7 years long enough to figure out that changes need to be made somewhere to get better offensive lines on the field?"

Political Hack
07-12-2016, 01:54 PM
What did Chris Jones tell you about Ole Miss's recruitment of him?

lastmajordog
07-12-2016, 02:30 PM
What will you do different this year to beat UNM......

msujan
07-12-2016, 02:34 PM
I've been wanting to share this for a while and now have an opportunity.. My boss's son was decent 3 star OL recruit like 4/5 years ago and was courted by State and a few others. I was asking him about the recruiting process and how he liked State and he told me that his son liked State and wanted to play in the SEC but couldn't stand the guy recruiting him, "The Hevesy guy recruiting him is a real asshole and blank(son) cant stand him." This was before I knew much about the Hevesy saga and just figured it was a kid being soft. Needless to say I wasn't surprised when learning of Hevesy shortcomings in recruiting. He just obviously doesn't have the personality for recruiting. That attitude may help him when it comes to coaching but we obviously need somebody else recruiting the guys for him to coach.

Anyone remember this: Hevesy was recruiting in Louisiana when he saw Dak Prescott he told Dan he needed to get this kid. The rest is history.

HoopsDawg
07-12-2016, 02:42 PM
What would it be?

Every single assistant coach under Mullen has either been fired or offered a better job except for Hev and Knox. O-line is consistently our weakest position group both on the field and in recruiting. It's so frustrating, almost maddening that a change hasn't been made. The high school coaches in this state who I have talked to, do not care for Hev or respect him AT ALL. He hasn't managed to sign a single recruit to be drafted by the NFL. This year we are going to find it difficult to run the ball and 2017 could be REALLY bad. Dak had to do it all last year.

MoreCowbell
07-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Anyone remember this: Hevesy was recruiting in Louisiana when he saw Dak Prescott he told Dan he needed to get this kid. The rest is history.

Could it be possible that he's a good evaluator of talent but a pathetic recruiter? Yea, I'd say that's glaringly obvious.

Forrest4Moore
07-12-2016, 11:27 PM
I'd dial it back to December 2009 and ask him to describe in detail the last 2 weeks of Cam Newton's recruitment.

louisvilledawg
07-13-2016, 08:25 AM
Every single assistant coach under Mullen has either been fired or offered a better job except for Hev and Knox. O-line is consistently our weakest position group both on the field and in recruiting. It's so frustrating, almost maddening that a change hasn't been made. The high school coaches in this state who I have talked to, do not care for Hev or respect him AT ALL. He hasn't managed to sign a single recruit to be drafted by the NFL. This year we are going to find it difficult to run the ball and 2017 could be REALLY bad. Dak had to do it all last year.

This is not a dig at all, but did he not sign Gabe Jackson?

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2016, 08:37 AM
Could it be possible that he's a good evaluator of talent but a pathetic recruiter? Yea, I'd say that's glaringly obvious.

I don't see why everyone thinks he is a good evaluator just because he happen to hit on one player. His track record is atrocious.

He has to invite every O-line recruit to camp because he can't evaluate them on film. This causes MSU to behind the 8 ball in recruiting these players. We are slow to go all in on him because Hev has to get them to camp.

I think the guy is a good coach, but sucks at everything else

Tbonewannabe
07-13-2016, 09:27 AM
This is not a dig at all, but did he not sign Gabe Jackson?

I believe Gabe was committed to Sly Croom when Mullen got the job so I guess Hevesy didn't run him off before he could sign.