PDA

View Full Version : Mullen time slot at SEC media days?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-12-2016, 10:46 AM
What time is Mullen scheduled to speak and is there anywhere to watch/listen to it live? TIA!

DawgNamedScuba
07-12-2016, 10:47 AM
He is speaking right now, I'm on watchespn.com

MadDawg
07-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I just started watching. Has he been grilled about Simmons so far?

jumbo
07-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I just started watching. Has he been grilled about Simmons so far?

Only 1 so far. Boner asked him about the "respect women" sign we apparently have in our locker room.

I seen it dawg
07-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Banner such a *****. Like he's being told what to ask then wants to hurry and sit down.

jumbo
07-12-2016, 10:54 AM
****ing Boner again. Asked about Simmons getting #36

MarketingBully
07-12-2016, 10:56 AM
So Bonner two questions both about Simmons.

jumbo
07-12-2016, 10:57 AM
So Bonner two questions both about Simmons.

Yes. And some dude from SDS asked if Dan thought Simmon's punishment was enough.

MarketingBully
07-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Mullen seems much more invigorated then he was all of last year at the podium today.

MarketingBully
07-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Yes. And some dude from SDS asked if Dan thought Simmon's punishment was enough.

Only three questions asked about Simmons so far and Bonner has two of them. Seems like most of the media could care less lol.

I seen it dawg
07-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Can't believe killaburger asked a legit question. It's a trap!

jumbo
07-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Can't believe killaburger asked a legit question. It's a trap!

It was absolutely a shot at Mullen. "You've have 3 different DCs the last 3 years"

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Banner such a *****. Like he's being told what to ask then wants to hurry and sit down.

F that guy

http://i.imgur.com/qeQf6.gif

STATEBALLIN
07-12-2016, 11:10 AM
It was absolutely a shot at Mullen. "You've have 3 different DCs the last 3 years"

It's legitimate though and I think it's a problem, especially if Sirmon happened to leave after this year--which I don't believe happens.

I seen it dawg
07-12-2016, 11:11 AM

It's a legit question

I seen it dawg
07-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Wonder if in 3 yrs when Simmons is at media day representing us will the media even mention his "unbelievable rehab" from his such violent past"

ElitedawgRecruiting
07-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Dan handled it as well as he could. So let's all move on. Screw what anyone else thinks now

JoseBrown
07-12-2016, 11:14 AM
I only saw the last few minutes of Dan, but did catch his response to Wolkens question about responsibility for players making mistakes. Thought Dan did a great job answering his question overall and about Simmons. Glad to hear family and kids, not love and sweetness!!

If Dan would've broke off into the love and sweetness I was ready to poke my eye out with a hot poker...

MarketingBully
07-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Wonder if in 3 yrs when Simmons is at media day representing us will the media even mention his "unbelievable rehab" from his such violent past"

The media barely cared today. If he stays clean for three years, I doubt anything is said about it ever again unless Bonner says something. Heck with as ADD as our society is now if he doesn't do anything this year, no one will mention it again.

Beaver
07-12-2016, 11:21 AM
At the beginning of Wolken's question he said something like "When you're recruiting players with a violent past..." Pretty sure Simmons had a clean record during his recruitment. 2 things media members seem to not understand: a. Simmons was still in high school and not a part of MSU when the incident occured. b. Simmons was not being recruited in April -- 2 months after signing day.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2016, 11:23 AM
The media barely cared today. If he stays clean for three years, I doubt anything is said about it ever again unless Bonner says something. Heck with as ADD as our society is now if he doesn't do anything this year, no one will mention it again.

Heck if he's clean in a couple of months no one will ever mention. Like you said as ADD as society is now, they're all just looking for the next scandal. People wake up each day looking for the next piece of dirt, whatever or whoever it may be. That's why if you just let things go they will disappear quickly.

JoseBrown
07-12-2016, 11:28 AM
At the beginning of Wolken's question he said something like "When you're recruiting players with a violent past..." Pretty sure Simmons had a clean record during his recruitment. 2 things media members seem to not understand: a. Simmons was still in high school and not a part of MSU when the incident occured. b. Simmons was not being recruited in April -- 2 months after signing day.

Good catch it just flew right past me. And you are correct the media makes these straw man positions and applies them to Simmons when writing or interviewing. Not sure they really know the facts or care to find out either.

ElitedawgRecruiting
07-12-2016, 11:39 AM
I will say this though. If that's all Dan got, Hugh gonna get a lot of softballs too

Reason2succeed
07-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Good catch it just flew right past me. And you are correct the media makes these straw man positions and applies them to Simmons when writing or interviewing. Not sure they really know the facts or care to find out either.

It's just click bait. Who cares about facts?

MarketingBully
07-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Hopefully the media asks Butch Jones about all the rapes that happened at UT and Jones covering it up and intervening with the Police. Notice how that was successfully swept under the rug. What happened at UT is 1000x worse then anything Simmons did on a 10 second video.

Edited to add link:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/ut/2016/04/13/knoxville-police-calls-ut-coach-butch-jones-rape-investigation/82467112/