PDA

View Full Version : Who starts on the offensive line?

Taog Redloh
07-11-2016, 03:11 PM
My guess is:

LT - Rankin, RJr.
LG - Calhoun, RSo.
C - Clayborne, Sr.
RG - Desper, RSr.
RT - Senior, RSr.

Jenkins, RSo. backing up the Tackles, Johnson, RSr. backing up the Center and maybe the Guards. Cochran is another 3rd year player. That's a starting 5 with 4 4-year+ players and one 3 year guy who is pretty talented. I bet our line isn't as terrible as we think. The 2014 line wasn't great until.....well, 2014.....when they grew up and had a majority of experienced players.

I don't know enough about Story, Williams and the freshmen, but expect they'll all get dirt-rolled if we play them. I am more worried about next year when we lose 3 of those starters.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Early reviews have been favorable for both Story & Williams but until they get real game action you never know.

Coach34
07-11-2016, 03:35 PM
We played Senior at LT all Spring for a reason

LT- Senior
LG- Calhoun
C- Clayborn
RG- Desper
RT- Rankin

Swing Tackle is Jenkins
J. Johnson will play some

Lord knows after that

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2016, 03:36 PM

LT- Senior
LG- Calhoun
C- Clayborn
RG- Desper
RT- Rankin

Swing Tackle is Jenkins

Lord knows after that

I agree but I think Darryl Williams becomes that 3rd guy. I think he's a better Deion Calhoun.

Coach34
07-11-2016, 03:39 PM
that would be good news

notoriousdog
07-11-2016, 03:42 PM
I'd love for Jenkins to get in the lineup somewhere. He seems to have more tools than most of our OL.

mparkerfd20
07-11-2016, 03:46 PM
We have a Offensive line??

Johnson85
07-11-2016, 03:51 PM

LT- Senior
LG- Calhoun
C- Clayborn
RG- Desper
RT- Rankin

Swing Tackle is Jenkins

Lord knows after that

J. Johnson making the cut before "Lord knows after that" makes me a little depressed. And Senior at LT doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies either, although I don't guess anybody would give me the warm and fuzzies at this point.

GTHOM
07-11-2016, 03:56 PM
I think Jenkins will find a spot somewhere he looked good last year, which it wasnt hard to look good compared to the rest of our OL. I will say this though, a characteristic of a good OL is guys who have all been playing together for a while. We have that

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2016, 05:19 PM
The fact that Desper is still a projected starter should make everyone here furious. He got abused last season and is still out of position at G. If Jenkins or Calhoun don't beat him out, that isn't a good thing. Someone's gotta step it up.

Taog Redloh
07-11-2016, 06:09 PM
The fact that Desper is still a projected starter should make everyone here furious. He got abused last season and is still out of position at G. If Jenkins or Calhoun don't beat him out, that isn't a good thing. Someone's gotta step it up.

A lot of them dudes in 2014 weren't that great until their RSr. year either. Day was always fairly decent. Malone had talent but he got worked a lot too. Clausell straight got abused, as in, flat-backed, up until 2014.

I'm willing to give Desper a shot, a lot of times the light clicks. They say the light had clicked for Damein Robinson last year too until he got hurt. Redshirt seniors are the payoff of these 'developmental' programs.

Bothrops
07-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Desper did get raped, especially late in the season.