PDA

View Full Version : Things we already know vs other hearsays!

Bodaski
07-11-2016, 10:32 AM
The following are hearsays I've heard that could show their face in the tcun investigation.
- Bo Scarborough unofficial visit.
- Sheim Carter visit
- an un-named Bama recruit where a booster and HF were present. This may already have been questioned by the NCAA
- there is no way anyone but the NCAA knows what else may be discovered until the other notice comes out. I choose to believe there is much more info for the NCAA to discover.

ShotgunDawg
07-11-2016, 10:39 AM
there is no way anyone but the NCAA knows what else may be discovered until the other notice comes out. I choose to believe there is much more info for the NCAA to discover.

Agree. Not sure though if the NCAA should expend the resources to figure everything out. At some point & they may already be there, the NCAA will have to ask how much worse the sanctions will be if they find more.

Does it make a difference in the sanctions if the NCAA finds out that 30 boosters were involved versus 15-20? Does that constitute the death penalty rather than imposing a 30+ scholarship reduction?

Other than disassociating more boosters, what's the point? Just nail them with a 40 scholarship reduction over 4 over years with a 3 year bowl ban. Let's get it over with instead of worrying about how there may be 5 boosters who get away with not being disassociated.

spbdawg
07-11-2016, 10:49 AM
#

ShotgunDawg
07-11-2016, 10:53 AM
This is interesting. How much energy will the NCAA expend if they have enough already to pop UMiss with the maximum number of scholly losses that they intend to sanction and will they expend more energy even if it won't net additional sanctions? I can't see the NCAA popping UMiss or anyone beyond 30-35 schollies lost....that's close to half the roster.

For the record no amount of violations will yield the death penalty in this investigation......you have to be a repeat offender to get that penalty and UMiss isn't a repeat offender today.

Agree. I don't see the point in wasting massive amounts of money & extending the timeline on this thing for another year, just to punish 5 more boosters. The boosters that get away will have to watch an awful on field product as their punishment. It's just not worth the time or money

Now, if the NCAA doesn't currently have enough for their maximum penalty, then Yes, they should continue to investigate if they think more is there.

Bodaski
07-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I see this as a monumental case for the NCAA. I think the depth and corrupt allegations this investigation has already uncovered is just the kind of case the NCAA needs to put their teeth back into governing the members of the NCAA. If they don't come down hard on OM, they lose total control and college football goes rogue sure enough. There are too many eyes on this one to turn a blind eye.

ShotgunDawg
07-11-2016, 11:20 AM
I see this as a monumental case for the NCAA. I think the depth and corrupt allegations this investigation has already uncovered is just the kind of case the NCAA needs to put their teeth back into governing the members of the NCAA. If they don't come down hard on OM, they loose total control and college football goes rogue sure enough. There are too many eyes on this one to turn a blind eye.

Absolutely. If the NCAA doesn't pound Ole Miss, then I believe what we consider "cheating" would have to be altered. Hence forth, not paying players or heavily involving boosters in the recruiting process, would be equivalent to only signing 20 players when you can sign 25 or having one less assistant coach than you are allowed. If cheating is going to be allowed & not severely punished, then it isn't against the rules & something that boosters should & must pressure Presidents & Athletic Directors to participate in.

If Ole Miss isn't severely punished, then I expect our top boosters to have a meeting set up with Scott Stricklin the next morning to discuss player payroll.

Why not?

Boodawg
07-11-2016, 11:21 AM
I would consider them repeat offenders, when, while the NCAA investigation was ongoing, UM continued to commit violations at the same time. If they are brash enough to cheat while the NCAA is in their back yard, then I'd hit them as hard as possible if I'm the NCAA. That alone would piss me off enough if I worked for NCAA.

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-11-2016, 11:38 AM
delete..wrong thread

maroonmania
07-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Absolutely. If the NCAA doesn't pound Ole Miss, then I believe what we consider "cheating" would have to be altered. Hence forth, not paying players or heavily involving boosters in the recruiting process, would be equivalent to only signing 20 players when you can sign 25 or having one less assistant coach than you are allowed. If cheating is going to be allowed & not severely punished, then it isn't against the rules & something that boosters should & must pressure Presidents & Athletic Directors to participate in.

If Ole Miss isn't severely punished, then I expect our top boosters to have a meeting set up with Scott Stricklin the next morning to discuss player payroll.

Why not?

If they don't pound the Bears on this then I am 100% for doing away with all recruiting rules and just letting it be anything goes. That would actually be more fair than what we have now if you are going to have the schools with institutionalized cheating where goodness knows how much money is being funneled to those associated with a recruit have no real fear of reprisal while other schools who are at least trying to follow the rules and have their boosters follow the rules just end up losing out on top end recruits because of trying to play "fair". Its better just to give everyone equal opportunity to throw their best bid out to these elite recruits and quit wasting our time on a bunch of rules that nobody is really serious about enforcing.

msbulldog
07-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Agree. Not sure though if the NCAA should expend the resources to figure everything out. At some point & they may already be there, the NCAA will have to ask how much worse the sanctions will be if they find more.

Does it make a difference in the sanctions if the NCAA finds out that 30 boosters were involved versus 15-20? Does that constitute the death penalty rather than imposing a 30+ scholarship reduction?

Other than disassociating more boosters, what's the point? Just nail them with a 40 scholarship reduction over 4 over years with a 3 year bowl ban. Let's get it over with instead of worrying about how there may be 5 boosters who get away with not being disassociated.

Lack of institutional control.

tireddawg
07-11-2016, 12:27 PM
A booster from State told me "the stuff we saw on draft might is just the tip of the iceberg". He's been right about a few things thus far. I asked him how he knows. He said "trust me".
Maybe the NCAA wants to get to the bottom of the iceberg.

basedog
07-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Lots of speculation on what the Ncaa should or may do. Trusting the Ncaa to do the right thing is ify.

Who knows really what the Ncaa is going to do. I like so many others will be glad when this is all done, I just don't see TSUN every just quitting what they have been doing since JV days. Slow them down yes, but forever no.