PDA

View Full Version : Toughest place to play OM vs State, please vote, well retweet for those that have

klong-dog
07-10-2016, 12:42 PM
twitter. https://twitter.com/BracketBattles1/status/751933704381968385

RocketDawg
07-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Davis Wade is tougher on Ole Miss than Oxford is on the Bulldogs.

BossDawg
07-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Only a dyed-in-the-wool Red & Blue homer would ever say that UM is a tougher place to play.

klong-dog
07-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah I'd put them just ahead of Vandy in the pecking order, maybe a tie with Kentucky.

JDog13
07-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Obviously vawt himmingway is the toughest. The new construction only adds to the high pitch sounds produced by the vibrating aluminum.

RocketDawg
07-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Obviously vawt himmingway is the toughest. The new construction only adds to the high pitch sounds produced by the vibrating aluminum.

Slight hijack, but I'm wondering if that sort of construction is safe when it's full of rowdy fans. I'd much rather be on solid concrete. Of course, it may never be full.

TUSK
07-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Cowbell noise has more influence than a potential lightning strike on an improperly grounded structure, IMO.

nsvltndog
07-10-2016, 06:15 PM
They usually drop everything and vote in mass on things like this. It looks like they are 300+ votes ahead at the moment. I'm sure they are still trying to recover from Virginia Tech out voting them and having Blacksburg, VA chosen as the best college town in the Garden and Gun poll several months back.

We've had some national writers go on the record about how ridiculously loud DWS has become since the expansion including both Chris Low and Stewart Mandel calling it the loudest stadium they have ever been in when we beat Auburn 2 years ago. I don't recall national sports media ever referring to VHS in this manner.

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-10-2016, 06:25 PM
They usually drop everything and vote in mass on things like this. It looks like they are 300+ votes ahead at the moment. I'm sure they are still trying to recover from Virginia Tech out voting them and having Blacksburg, VA chosen as the best college town in the Garden and Gun poll several months back.

We've had some national writers go on the record about how ridiculously loud DWS has become since the expansion including both Chris Low and Stewart Mandel calling it the loudest stadium they have ever been in when we beat Auburn 2 years ago. I don't recall national sports media ever referring to VHS in this manner.

This. My Twitter timeline is always full of this stuff from them.

Dawgcentral
07-10-2016, 06:32 PM
We were louder than them even before our expansion.

When everyone yells, it's louder than cowbells.

The rule of the past few years with no bells as the center approaches the ball has enhanced the experience. The contrast makes the place unique.

Mutt the Hoople
07-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Slight hijack, but I'm wondering if that sort of construction is safe when it's full of rowdy fans. I'd much rather be on solid concrete. Of course, it may never be full.
they're designing it to hold a load for only as long as it takes for the students to come from the Grove- halfway through the first quarter to halftime, when they leave to go back to the Grove- That's 1 Hour-15 Minutes, 7 times a year.

I'm hoping the olemiss engineers are accounting for the dynamic loads that come from drunken frat boys stumbling around, as well as corrosion caused by bad whiskey and vomit.

scottycameron
07-10-2016, 09:42 PM
This isn't even worth debating. No contest. I know a LOT of OM people and even they wouldn't hesitate to agree, they bitch about it all the time.

RocketDawg
07-10-2016, 09:51 PM
they're designing it to hold a load for only as long as it takes for the students to come from the Grove- halfway through the first quarter to halftime, when they leave to go back to the Grove- That's 1 Hour-15 Minutes, 7 times a year.

I'm hoping the olemiss engineers are accounting for the dynamic loads that come from drunken frat boys stumbling around, as well as corrosion caused by bad whiskey and vomit.

Is there such a thing?

Boodawg
07-11-2016, 07:18 AM

I don't think I'd be too concerned about the bleachers holding the weight, there's no doubt about that being taken into acct. At least I would hope so. What I'd be concerned about is someone breaking a leg or falling through the empty spaces between the bleachers. They'll probably be climbing in and out of them from underneath as well, like we did back in grade school.

Outside Dawg
07-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Any Twitter poll based on RT vs Liking will always be biased towards the option paired with Liking. There's a certain % of people who will like a tweet but for whatever reason don't want to RT it because they don't want it tweeted out from them. This is one reason why Twitter has a polls option. Not sure why the poll option isn't being used here.

Mjoelner34
07-11-2016, 08:15 AM

Even Pat Forde who has made a career out of trashing us called it "an ear splitting slice of hell".

sandwolf
07-11-2016, 10:22 AM
We've had some national writers go on the record about how ridiculously loud DWS has become since the expansion including both Chris Low and Stewart Mandel calling it the loudest stadium they have ever been in when we beat Auburn 2 years ago.

Between the return of the cowbells and the north expansion, Davis Wade has turned into a legitimately impressive and tough venue that we can be proud of. It is absolutely incredible to look at how far our entire game day experience has come since 2008.....both Mullen and Stricklin deserve a lot of credit for that.