PDA

View Full Version : So How will Dan handle Simmons ?'s

confucius say
07-10-2016, 10:01 AM
In sure he knows they are coming. I think it best to go ahead and address it during opening remarks to "pull the stinger" so to speak. I'm sure he will get the whole "his suspension is equal to a targeting penalty suspension" question. Thoughts?

BrunswickDawg
07-10-2016, 10:19 AM
I hope Dan calls them out on their double standard. Call out OM for the "anal intruder". Where was the press when OM admitted that guy? Fact is if Simmons wasn't a football player no one would have known this happened, and the kids would start school at State his freshman year without question. And that is not meant to defend the action, just shows the subjectivity of how the media has handled Simmons.

Coach34
07-10-2016, 10:20 AM
He is going to address it before being questioned and talk about how it happened before he was at State. Then outline his penalty and guidelines set for him at State. The media will just have to accept what he says- it wont change

Tripp McNeely
07-10-2016, 10:30 AM
You think Freeze does essentially the same thing about the investigation(s) and refuses to answer any questions?

JDog13
07-10-2016, 10:46 AM
You think Freeze does essentially the same thing about the investigation(s) and refuses to answer any questions?

Wurd is Freezus will say he can't comment on an ongoing investigation that his AD said was over. That wasn't over.

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Wurd is Freezus will say he can't comment on an ongoing investigation that his AD said was over. That wasn't over.

Do you think any journalist calls him out on this bullshit? Journalist: Coach Freeze can you give us any information on the NCAA investigation? Beaver: I can't speak on that since it is currently ongoing. Journalist: Would you like to comment on Bjork claiming the investigation was over months ago and if it isn't true then he lied to the media? Beaver: I just got the shits so I have to leave due to a medical emergency.

Reason2succeed
07-11-2016, 01:45 AM
Is Simmons the first player to ever be suspended for something he did before he was even a student here? If so, go with that. As far as not taking a stud(ent) because his prior history check with the university and see what their policy is. If they don't have a policy why should Mullen have to make up one for him.

And yes, if you want to play that game lets pull out the rap sheet for the entire SEC and we could really get some juicy discussion going.

Having said all that Mullen will play it cool and watch this story disappear as soon as Simmons starts sacking QBs and is the honor roll.

Bucky Dog
07-11-2016, 07:38 AM
I think Dan has to say something to the affect that they looked into the kids background, found this to be a very isolated incident, and that as serious as they take the stand against domestic violence, this was a highly emotional moment where JS admitted he should have done things differently,and they are looking forward to him growing as a man and player and contributing in many ways to the team.

Mjoelner34
07-11-2016, 07:39 AM
I would mention the extensive interviews and gathering of background information that took place and ask the media member that brought up the question if they did any extensive research into the topic or if they just read somebody else's headline and watched the video. Although Mullen would get roasted by the media if he did that, I think we all know what the answer to the question would be.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Mullen is going to get hammered no matter what he says. May as well just lay it all out there now & get it over with & say this is the last time we'll talk about it & the team & Jeffery are moving on.

rbdog82
07-11-2016, 08:32 AM
That being said, I've heard that Simmons has been a very good student / leader of that class since he's set foot on campus.

spiral
07-11-2016, 09:33 AM
I agree with the investigation statement (Because we know the CL does not do much investigation).

He should tell them that in no way could there have been a decision made off of viewing a few seconds of a video (because that's what everyone has done). He then explains that no one should ever make a decision based on such skimpy facts. Tell them State took its time and interviewed a lot of people and feels it made the best decision it could after all information was gathered.

Fingers crossed he then says: That Stringfellow guy knocked a woman out and you did not bring that up. He's even been arrested since getting to Ole Miss too. Still no questions. And let's be sure to ignore their incoming recruit who DAILY anally intruded those younger and weaker than he. But hey, at least it wasn't domestic violence.

confucius say
07-11-2016, 09:40 AM
But hey, at least it wasn't domestic violence.

Neither was the Simmons incident.

Mjoelner34
07-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Neither was the Simmons incident.

^^^THIS!!!^^^

starkvegasdawg
07-11-2016, 09:47 AM
When he is asked that I hope the Dan Mullen that hates the press comes out. Then answers the question with a question and asks that reporter how many other schools in the nation do you think would lighting Simmons' phone up wanting him to come play for them if he kicked him off the team. Then ask that reporter if he watched the entire video or the edited version.

Tbonewannabe
07-11-2016, 10:32 AM
I would start by apologizing to the Beaver since we didn't rescind Simmons scholarship so he could be signed and taken to Haiti to have his sins washed away. He would then start game 1.

Reason2succeed
07-11-2016, 11:04 AM
I agree with the investigation statement (Because we know the CL does not do much investigation).

He should tell them that in no way could there have been a decision made off of viewing a few seconds of a video (because that's what everyone has done). He then explains that no one should ever make a decision based on such skimpy facts. Tell them State took its time and interviewed a lot of people and feels it made the best decision it could after all information was gathered.

Fingers crossed he then says: That Stringfellow guy knocked a woman out and you did not bring that up. He's even been arrested since getting to Ole Miss too. Still no questions. And let's be sure to ignore their incoming recruit who DAILY anally intruded those younger and weaker than he. But hey, at least it wasn't domestic violence.

Plus, a coaching staff only has a limited amount of time to interact with a recruit. Without allowing Simmons on campus it was impossible to get a good understanding of the situation. Once on campus and concluding the investigation they found this to be an isolated and abnormal incident. That's how OM would spin it.

scottycameron
07-11-2016, 11:18 AM
No good way other than as briefly as possible. Say as little as you can. Whatever you do DO NOT say ANYTHING that would encourage another question. Make it as brief as possible and as boring as possible. Please DO NOT take the approaches mentioned above (of course this is being handled by smart folks so no chance of that unless Dan gets rattled/pissed and goes off script - that would be the worst case scenario).

And WTF is Dan Wolkens problem all the sudden? He finally writes his pre meeting days article and he forgets what the hell hes doing in the first place. Talk about a puss out.