PDA

View Full Version : Saw on ESPN Battlefrog college competition

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Anyone know why UM has a team but State doesn't? UM actually made it to the final four on ESPN.

TheRef
07-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Because...we don't have one? I dunno.

Bass Chaser
07-09-2016, 09:13 PM
What is Battlefrog?

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2016, 09:17 PM
It is one of the obstacle course race similar to Spartan Race. It was on ESPN today.

Todd4State
07-09-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm sure we could find a couple of Pike's and a couple of athletic girls on campus to have a respectable team.

scottycameron
07-10-2016, 10:34 AM
LOL, Todd. I have no idea what it is but it's sounds pretty gay. The fact OM is apparently good at it confirmed it for me.

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2016, 02:08 PM
LOL, Todd. I have no idea what it is but it's sounds pretty gay. The fact OM is apparently good at it confirmed it for me.

It is basically a navy seal obstacle course and West Point has won it the last 2 years which makes sense. The only way I can see that UM is in the thing is not many colleges have teams. But still they just got a couple of hours free marketing on ESPN (not ESPNU). The cadets got a $10,000 for their general fund.

The final four were Army, VTech, Colorado, and UM.

ScoobaDawg
07-10-2016, 10:04 PM
they finished in 2nd to west point last year. If you think it is gay, you are probably fat or just lazy. Check out an OCR sometime and see how eazy it is.
Todd.. can't just grab a couple frat boys either...but it shouldn't be hard to field a team by looking for any "Elite" or "competitive" students that have done an OCR event.
We might not have made the cut, I don't think they take all the teams.. it's only the top 16 for the show

Corn Bread
07-10-2016, 10:46 PM
It is basically a navy seal obstacle course and West Point has won it the last 2 years which makes sense. The only way I can see that UM is in the thing is not many colleges have teams. But still they just got a couple of hours free marketing on ESPN (not ESPNU). The cadets got a $10,000 for their general fund.

The final four were Army, VTech, Colorado, and UM.

Waiting for the NCAA investigation regarding Battlefrog recruitment at TSUN.