PDA

View Full Version : One thing to keep reminding your OM friends on the Investigation

Coach34
07-08-2016, 01:15 PM
If the NCAA was going to accept the self-imposed sanctions- there would be no need for them to go before the COI. It would be over

Technetium
07-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Is that true? I listened to that podcast with Buckner and he seemed to imply a school under investigation would still go before the COI, but the COI may simply agree to the sanctions proposed by the university.

Coach34
07-08-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure we didn't with Redmond

Jack Lambert
07-08-2016, 01:48 PM

Your right. The NCAA accepted what we offered up. Which at the time sucked and still does but at lest we self reported and really led the way in the investigations which I don't think there was really any investigation. They just took what we said for truth. With that said I think we built up some street cred with NCAA.

Notice you are not hearing any thing about the Bama situation? Same deal as ours. They self reported, fired a coach and the NCAA will not investigate and will accept what Bama offers up.

Ole Miss is really dirty, doing everything they can't to hind the stink with cheap after shave and the NCAA just isn't smelling the old spice ole miss is wearing.

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Your right. The NCAA accepted what we offered up. Which at the time sucked and still does but at lest we self reported and really lead the way in the investigations which I don't think there was really any investigation. They just took what we said for truth. With that said I think we built up some street cred with NCAA.

Notice you are not hearing any thing about the Bama situation? Same deal as ours. They self reported, fired a coach and the NCAA will not investigate and will accept what Bama offers up.

Ole Miss is really dirty, doing everything they can't to hind the stink with cheap after shave and the NCAA just isn't smelling the old spice ole miss is wearing.

I think it's more of an issue that they can't let the culprits go who are complicit in this ordeal or else they risk eating themseleves alive from the inside out. If they fire Barney, that purple dinosaur is going to sing all the way to indianapolis. Nix will rat on them before he can take his PlayStation headset off (that's how coaches can have unlimited contact with recruits).

confucius say
07-08-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm really shocked they have not let some assistants go. Kiffin especially. That's investigation response 101. Either they are really confident all is well, or they are severely out of touch with reality.

BiscuitEater
07-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Correct .. to avoid extending the time line, we fired the coach and agreed to summary. Thus, avoided the drawn out COI process.

Looks like OM may just get to go through the WHOLE COI process twice.

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm really shocked they have not let some assistants go. Kiffin especially. That's investigation response 101. Either they are really confident all is well, or they are severely out of touch with reality.

or held hostage by assistants that will taddle tell on them if let go

jalakin
07-08-2016, 05:51 PM
I believe Steve said the Redmond case went to summary judgement which is a much quicker process. However, Ole Miss does not have that option and must go before the COI due to multiple sports being involved.

Reason2succeed
07-08-2016, 11:51 PM
These coaches are staying on payroll long enough to create enough nest egg to survive for a while because they aren't getting hired anywhere else in college football for a LONG TIME.

Remember Hypocrite Hugh's four promises. He's just heppin the coaches one last time before they take HS jobs. (That's probably why they ran Lee away from SP. That's Nix's next gig.)

http://twitter.com/CoachCMQ/status/701261101346979841/photo/1

Heck, Freezus' coaches weren't getting hired BEFORE the NCAA investigation. After they are up the collegiate creek without a paddle.

ElitedawgRecruiting
07-09-2016, 06:11 AM
If Trooper and Curtis can still get college jobs, so will these guys. Hell the cat behind the act scandal has a job right now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Hell the cat behind the act scandal has a job right now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Who is the cat?

Bodawg
07-09-2016, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=ElitedawgRecruiting;580983]If Trooper and Curtis can still get college jobs, so will these guys. Hell the cat behind the act scandal has a job right now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here[/QUO

Believe he has a coaching job at Pearl River Community College. If I'm not mistaken, his name is Sanders.

Coursesuper
07-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Who is the cat?

David Sanders, currently the head football coach at Pearl River CC. He has hired a bunch of UNM types including Jerrell Powe as assistant coaches.

Reason2succeed
07-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Did Trooper and Curtis get show clauses? I don't remember that. We may all know he was dirty but I don't remember him being tagged like OM coaches are about to be.
Also, Pearl River is under the NJCAA not the NCAA so that kind of proves my point. Saunders is out of "college" football and is in "junior college" football.

Coursesuper
07-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Did Trooper and Curtis get show clauses? I don't remember that. We may all know he was dirty but I don't remember him being tagged like OM coaches are about to be.
Also, Pearl River is under the NJCAA not the NCAA so that kind of proves my point. Saunders is out of "college" football and is in "junior college" football.

David Sanders has bee taken care of plain and simple. He has a pretty good gig and can still help out UMN in the right situation.