PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Liar did it to us again

Goldendawg
07-07-2016, 09:42 PM
I know most Elitedawgs don't go to the "Liar" anymore, but I still do to read the State, UM, and Recruiting Headlines especially when they give a limited # of reads free. It takes me a while to use the free reads because there is so little positive MSU articles and so many biased UNM articles. A couple of days ago or so there was an article about the two 6' 5" wide receivers enrolling in summer school at State. The "journalist", ( I don't remember who wrote it), then stated that they were joining 9 Freshmen football players already in summer school. He then had to point out one of them was Simmons and rehashed what he was involved in this past summer. Surprise, surprise, I never see them discussing the past problems of other school's athletes when their names come up. Guess MSU also forgot our place if we were in the "hepping business". Business as usual from them.

Reason2succeed
07-07-2016, 10:15 PM
No one is surprised. Quit giving that rag clicks. I don't care if they paid me to click their ads.

We need to push MSU business leaders to stop advertising with them until they make substantial changes. If not stop shopping with businesses that support it. Vote with your dollars. Sam Hall, a MSU grad, should get the message sooner rather than later.

tireddawg
07-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Sam ain't gettin shit. I've corresponded with him through email & he maintains he will look into but there's no bias. Blah, blah bullshit. Remember he's got a family to feed. Integrity is obviously not is strong suit.

MSUDawg99
07-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I honestly can't understand how Sam doesn't see the direction that the Sports section has gone. If he has a family to feed then you'd think he wouldn't alienate half the potential readers that would read their articles. It infuriates me to know end.

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 10:07 AM
It's not that they're unfair in their coverage of State. That's news worthy about Simmons.

It's just that they wouldn't dare do that shit to OM. They won't even cover what could be the biggest NCAA investigation in the history of football. I think someone said this is the most allegations ever directed to a team from a single investigation? Can someone confirm? Meanwhile the CL throws it's hands up in the air and says "oh well" because they can't get a set of documents. The Washington Post would have 40 people lined up to interview by 6 AM the day after they confirmed an investigation was ongoing and the athletic director had lied about it... Which is also news worthy and got ZERO attention from the CL.

gtowndawg
07-08-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't click thru to their site, I don't follow any of them on twitter, nor facebook. I can't buy the paper here anyway. Point being, I don't help them succeed in any possible way. Even following them on twitter helps because most journalist have quotas for followers. I know that for a fact from a local sports TV journalist in the Memphis market.

coastdoglover
07-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Never a word about Stringfellow who probably should be in jail. Just get over them, the Ledger reporters want to keep their jobs and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who is calling the shots over there. I don't care what Courtney Cronin or Kellenberger say, the paper is as biased as they come to Ole Miss.

MSUDawg99
07-08-2016, 10:25 AM
It's not that they're unfair in their coverage of State. That's news worthy about Simmons.

It's just that they wouldn't dare do that shit to OM. They won't even cover what could be the biggest NCAA investigation in the history of football. I think someone said this is the most allegations ever directed to a team from a single investigation? Can someone confirm? Meanwhile the CL throws it's hands up in the air and says "oh well" because they can't get a set of documents. The Washington Post would have 40 people lined up to interview by 6 AM the day after they confirmed an investigation was ongoing and the athletic director had lied about it... Which is also news worthy and got ZERO attention from the CL.

They don't want to get Riley Blevins'd. They're skeered.

Dawgology
07-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Sam ain't gettin shit. I've corresponded with him through email & he maintains he will look into but there's no bias. Blah, blah bullshit. Remember he's got a family to feed. Integrity is obviously not is strong suit.

The thread died quickly and the one response it got was from someone who probably works for the CL claiming that employees had to keep their jobs. I will bump it back to the top.

Reason2succeed
07-08-2016, 11:52 AM
30 for 30 Scooped: How A State Media Outlet Was Complicit in Coverup of Largest NCAA Investigation Ever

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 01:47 PM
30 for 30 Scooped: How A State Media Outlet Was Complicit in Coverup of Largest NCAA Investigation Ever

I like that title. We might have to film it though. I know some great interviews we could get.