PDA

View Full Version : My Oxford experience

Bodaski
07-07-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm 63 and on O2 pretty much 24/7. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I parked in a handicap spot and as I was getting out of the car this guy about 40-45 made a smart ass remark saying,"you sure are brave to be in Oxford with that MSU alumni sticker on your car". I said, I sure as hell hadn't seen anything yet that would cause me any concern. He just looked at me and smiled and walked off. I said loud enough for him to hear me, what a asshole.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 03:17 PM
The problem/difference is the UM fans that live in Starkville don't get treated like complete & utter shit. They may just get ignored, if anything. Ugh. Drives me insane. We're too nice & they're over the edge trashy & classless.

Jack Lambert
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Did you get a BJ while there? I hear they are easy to get in Oxford.

Duckdog
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM

Nice

Taog Redloh
07-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Dude, learn some verbal self-defense. The guy wanted a reaction and you gave him one. An appropriate response would have been, "If I switched, could I stop paying taxes?" or something like that. He would have been floored, maybe even had a laugh with you.

A response out of anger is EXACTLY what they want.

TrapGame
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
The problem/difference is the UM fans that live in Starkville don't get treated like complete & utter shit. They may just get ignored, if anything. Ugh. Drives me insane. We're too nice & they're over the edge trashy & classless.

Some guy was wearing a big red OM shirt at Super Bulldawg back in April. He was sitting about ten rows over but that red pos shirt stuck out like a sore thumb. No one said a thing to him as far as I could tell.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Some guy was wearing a big red OM shirt at Super Bulldawg back in April. He was sitting about ten rows over but that red pos shirt stuck out like a sore thumb. No one said a thing to him as far as I could tell.

WELL COLOR ME SHOCKED!

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2016, 03:35 PM

Probably because being total assholes to strangers just because they have on a different shirt or car sticker isn't something MSU fans pride themselves on. I for 1 appreciate that we haven't sunk to that level of idiocy.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Instead we just roll over & take it. I, for one, don't like that tactic either. I'm sick of it.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Instead we just roll over & take it. I, for one, don't like that tactic either. I'm sick of it.

I don't roll over & take anything. I'm my own individual but I don't go around being a total dick & dumbass to any & every person with any kind of OM apparel on. I can't tell you what the answer is but being total assholes just because I can't get on that train. Give me a reason & I'm there but doing something just to do it I'll pass.

thedawg
07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
I don't roll over & take anything. I'm my own individual but I don't go around being a total dick & dumbass to any & every person with any kind of OM apparel on. I can't tell you what the answer is but being total assholes just because I can't get on that train. Give me a reason & I'm there but doing something just to do it I'll pass.

I ignore ole miss fans and expect the same from them.. If i see you walking down the street in Starkville or France for that matter and you have an Ole Miss shirt on or any shirt for that matter then I will ignore you... I don't make a habit of harassing strangers because of shirts they wear.. In the about four times I have had experiences like the one that started this thread my go to response is "Hey why don't you go f*** urself and not worry about my shirt" doesn't matter if they are an 18 year old smart ass or 78.. Typically if you tell them that they will walk away hurriedly in my experience..

BiscuitEater
07-07-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm about the same age. Went to my first Egg Bowl in Oxford at age 6. Got spit on because I was wearing a State jacket. More toxic my a$$.

jwbigcreek
07-07-2016, 05:39 PM
if you gonna bitch about it, why didn't you kick the shit out of him?

Dawgology
07-07-2016, 05:43 PM

rep given!

Maroonthirteen
07-07-2016, 05:52 PM
I ignore ole miss fans and expect the same from them.. If i see you walking down the street in Starkville or France for that matter and you have an Ole Miss shirt on or any shirt for that matter then I will ignore you... I don't make a habit of harassing strangers because of shirts they wear.. In the about four times I have had experiences like the one that started this thread my go to response is "Hey why don't you go f*** urself and not worry about my shirt" doesn't matter if they are an 18 year old smart ass or 78.. Typically if you tell them that they will walk away hurriedly in my experience..

This is how I handle them as well. You're wearing OM garb? You're invisible to me.

I walked into a physical therapist and the receptionist made a smart ass comment about my State shirt. I ignored the comment but asked the receptionist to reschedule my appointment at the other location. The PT came out and apologized. They are douches.

Duckdawg
07-07-2016, 05:54 PM
My wife and I were at our cabin at lake Martin over in Alabama a few weeks ago. My wife went to a nearby hooty tooty market to pick something up. She was in my truck which has a state plate on the front. A guy walked by and asked her if she went to state, she said yes she had. He asked "if you went to state, how can YOU afford a place over here". She just looked at him. He then said he had gone to ole miss. She said "you didn't have to tell me, I already figured that out".

BrunswickDawg
07-07-2016, 06:02 PM
My wife and I were at our cabin at lake Martin over in Alabama a few weeks ago. My wife went to a nearby hooty tooty market to pick something up. She was in my truck which has a state plate on the front. A guy walked by and asked her if she went to state, she said yes she had. He asked "if you went to state, how can YOU afford a place over here". She just looked at him. He then said he had gone to ole miss. She said "you didn't have to tell me, I already figured that out".
You would be shocked how often it happens to me and my kids in coastal GA. My teenagers hear it from 50 year old douches on St. Simons. My daughter normally replies with "you couldn't get into UGA and chose your school based on its party rep and Confederate flags. Your parents must have been proud."

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-07-2016, 06:20 PM
I ignore ole miss fans and expect the same from them.. If i see you walking down the street in Starkville or France for that matter and you have an Ole Miss shirt on or any shirt for that matter then I will ignore you...

was at a remote orange juice stand on a Greek island wearing an M state shirt & 4 girls rode up on two four wheelers. One said Do you go to state? I said Hail yeah. so she said We go to ole miss! I said Boooo. We exchanged pleasantries & they drove off without orange juice. I like to think I would've ignored them if the shirt was on the other foot.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2016, 06:35 PM

Agreed. Like I said all day, there has to be a way to fight back without sinking to their level. But we must start rallying around other Dawgs like C34 when they pull this bullshit of going after people on a personal and professional level.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2016, 06:47 PM
I was in Oxford after Mullen thrashed them in '09. Don't know exactly when, but at some point one of their fans ripped the front license plate bracket off my truck that had a Big Dawg tag on it. Not specifically an MSU plate, just one of the generic "If you can't run with the big dogs..." plates you've probably seen. Regardless, one of those assholes predictably took offense and vandalized my truck. The plate was similar to this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/UScAAOxyFH1RjBmx/s-l300.jpg

BossDawg
07-07-2016, 07:09 PM
But we must start rallying around other Dawgs like C34 when they pull this bullshit of going after people on a personal and professional level.

This is the main thing that has upset me...we have so many of our very own fans that completely fault Coach in all this. It's almost as if they take pride in it, too. They want to blame him for the things he has said on the Internet in the past, but hell how many other people have behaved the same way? Coach just so happened to have his identity revealed somehow, but that's beside the point.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-07-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm 63 and on O2 pretty much 24/7. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I parked in a handicap spot and as I was getting out of the car this guy about 40-45 made a smart ass remark saying,"you sure are brave to be in Oxford with that MSU alumni sticker on your car". I said, I sure as hell hadn't seen anything yet that would cause me any concern. He just looked at me and smiled and walked off. I said loud enough for him to hear me, what a asshole.

I get physically sick just driving through that piece of shit town.

LC Dawg
07-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Dude, learn some verbal self-defense. The guy wanted a reaction and you gave him one. An appropriate response would have been, "If I switched, could I stop paying taxes?" or something like that. He would have been floored, maybe even had a laugh with you.

A response out of anger is EXACTLY what they want.

I agree. I couldn't go to the super regional because I was already scheduled to play in the state USTA tournament. I was wearing my State gear and I asked one opponent what would be a good place close to my hotel to watch the game and get some good beer. He said The Bulldog has a good beer selection if you can overlook the name. I asked him if they were going to show the Ole Miss game. His response was "Touch?, I guess I deserved that" and we laughed and had an enjoyable tennis match. The next day a couple of us are watching a match and watching game 2 on a phone and an Ole Miss dickhead asks who's winning and we said State and his response was "Go Wildcats". I responded "Well I'm really a Tulane fan. "Have a seat and at the next commercial break we'll see if we can find the Ole Miss game". He sulled up and walked off.
I left both encounters feeling pretty good and I think both those Rebels knew a Bulldog bested them.
We don't have to lash out at these idiots. We are smarter than them. We can come up with something clever and shut them up and then just walk away smiling.

archdog
07-08-2016, 08:10 AM
I always ask every guy I see with a Ole Miss shirt on or a sticker on their car, if their wives used to be one of the recruiting girls.
CJ Johnson says hello.

archdog
07-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Wasn't Hotty Totty the dance the slave owner would do after he visited the women's slave quarters?

Mjoelner34
07-08-2016, 08:49 AM
Wasn't Hotty Totty the dance the slave owner would do after he visited the women's slave quarters?

We can keep pushing the slavery thing and the old south but with them its a helluva lot more than that. They are an elitist group that arose from plantation owners and if you aren't part of the clique, either from one of the old families or choose to be indoctrinated, then you are to be looked down upon regardless of race, creed, sex or religion. Remember, Mississippi A&M was to be part of the college in Oxford but the rich plantation owners wouldn't hear of having their sons attend college with the lowly farmers and mechanically inclined people.

Here is a taste of their 'self-worth' and to hell with everybody else attitude from their own city newspaper. This guy writes like he's applying for a job at the C-L.

As Dr. David Sansing states in his sesquicentennial history of Ole Miss, “Mississippi farmers and the state’s agriculture press preferred their own agricultural college, separate and independent from the old aristocratic state university at Oxford.” Bullshit! It was them that did not want US there!

The students and alumni of Mississippi State University had one more thing to be thankful for from Ole Miss — their own existence. Ok. That AND the SEC baseball title. Got it!

When I was teaching at Marshall Academy in Holly Springs a number of years ago, I had a student that was graduating and he had decided to attend Mississippi State. I told him that I thought he was not suited for MSU since both his mother and father were graduates of Ole Miss. A few years later I saw him on the Ole Miss campus and he told me he had transferred to Ole Miss.

I asked him why he had changed universities and he stated: “Mr. Mayfield, you were correct in telling me I was not suited for MSU. One day I was walking in front of one of the girl’s dorms on campus and I spotted a very good-looking coed. I thought that I might get acquainted with her and ask her for a date. When I got closer to her, I noticed she had a spit cup and was dipping snuff. I knew then and there I was not suited for State.”

BrunswickDawg
07-08-2016, 09:22 AM
When I got closer to her, I noticed she had a spit cup and was dipping snuff. I knew then and there I was not suited for State.”[/B]
I call BS on that - I've never known an OM douche afraid of a woman willing to put anything in her mouth.

confucius say
07-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Just ask them if they've heard this radio play by play call that was labeled best of the year by fox sports

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/tulane-baseball-home-run-call-todd-graffagnini-060516

SDDawg
07-08-2016, 10:06 AM

Sounds typical from my experience. They're so obsessed that they're accosting a person that's ill on their way to see the doctor. Hotty MF'ing Toddy, you Oxford assholes.

msbulldog
07-08-2016, 12:37 PM
I call BS on that - I've never known an OM douche afraid of a woman willing to put anything in her mouth.

Now that's funny, I just moved from Macon, Ga recently.

Dawg61
07-08-2016, 01:24 PM
My response to Old Misses folks is to tell them they are beautiful and that OM has a beautiful campus. They need to hear these kind words the delicate little flowers that they are.