PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Chappelle

CadaverDawg
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
I was watching an interview with Jeremy Chappelle that was in a link Engie had linked a few days back. I think Chappelle is going to be our Chris Smith this season. He has a fairly similar build and while not blazing fast, he seems to have decent speed. But the big reason I see him playing a lot...his run blocking. If you saw that interview, he talks about loving contact and how when he hears Collin's defense getting juiced, it makes him want to hit them. I think Mullen and Co will reward that physicality and utilize him on our sweeps and bubble screens to help bust some long runs with LDP and crew.

Just a thought, but I expect to see him on the field early and often regardless of his impact in the passing game.

Maybe Engie could link that video interview...I think it was the same one with JRob and LDP in it.

bocfarm
08-23-2013, 11:13 AM
http://youtu.be/W1wB0QqKTBw

MSUDawg4Life
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
I actually think he's going to be better than that. I think he's going to catch more passes than Chris did last year in addition to being a good downfield blocker.

CadaverDawg
08-23-2013, 11:24 AM
I actually think he's going to be better than that. I think he's going to catch more passes than Chris did last year in addition to being a good downfield blocker.

If so, that is great. I think Chris was a solid possession guy that we as fans greatly undervalued as a go-to receiver and a downfield blocker. In my opinion, many of our long runs for TD's the past 2-3 years were sprung because of Smith and Clark being good downfield blocking WR's