PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Olive Branch

Political Hack
07-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Hours ago the Ole Miss faithful and their CL mouthpiece were calling for a ceasefire. They wanted the rivalry to be less toxic. Then, a few hours later, their scout mouthpiece finds out C34 has been employed by South Panola and the gloves come right back off. They extended the olive branch. Wanted it to be less toxic, and then spit in our faces the first chance they get.

Ole Miss media exploded. Ole Miss fans on Twitter and messag boards exploded. They blew up Pouge's emails. Went to the school board. All within a matter of hours. They are toxic. They are what's wrong with the State of Mississippi. Their heritage of hate continues today just as it did a century ago.

ElitedawgRecruiting
07-07-2016, 10:19 AM
I blame Hevesy. Shit that's the excuse for everything else

TrapGame
07-07-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm sure Hugh will call a prayer meeting about it.**

Remember, everything they do is out of love.

Commercecomet24
07-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Hours ago the Ole Miss faithful and their CL mouthpiece were calling for a ceasefire. They wanted the rivalry to be less toxic. Then, a few hours later, their scout mouthpiece finds out C34 has been employed by South Panola and the gloves come right back off. They extended the olive branch. Wanted it to be less toxic, and then spit in our faces the first chance they get.

Ole Miss media exploded. Ole Miss fans on Twitter and messag boards exploded. They blew up Pouge's emails. Went to the school board. All within a matter of hours. They are toxic. They are what's wrong with the State of Mississippi. Their heritage of hate continues today just as it did a century ago.

That's in a nutshell! I am now convinced there's no hope for those people. There still living in the old south and the hate is still there, it's so deeply embedded in those people. You are right, Hack, they are what's wrong with our state. I love Mississippi and I'm proud of being from here, but as long as those idiots are running loose I'm afraid the perception of our state will never change. It's sad and tragic.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm sure Hugh will call a prayer meeting about it.**

Remember, everything they do is out of love.
Will he use his African prayer drums?

Political Hack
07-07-2016, 11:28 AM
This is symptamatic of their loss of institutional control. Their athletic department had nothing to do with this, but their rabid fan base took control and went crazy. It took less than 12 hours. They'll be proud of that, but any common person out there realizes that this is a mob mentality. The NCAA investigation, Hugh Freeze, or the damn Governor himself couldn't stop them. They have lost complete control of their program to the boosters, who will continue to act however the hell they wish. The NCAA will have ZERO impact on them.

You want to know why Barney hasn't been fired? Because they can't. The program is being held hostage.

Indndawg
07-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Time for Coach and Buck to go to Haiti and bury the hatchet and the toxicity

Taog Redloh
07-07-2016, 11:35 AM
They are what's wrong with the State of Mississippi. Their heritage of hate continues today just as it did a century ago.
You are correct. They are the elite establishment, who wants to prevent growth and stifle the middle class (engine) of life in Mississippi, so they can keep their power.

Some of us realized this a long time ago.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2016, 11:39 AM

You're missing the point. This IS civility to them. They kick the hell out of us, not just on the field, whenever they want. And we roll over and take it. Then we're expected to congratulate them for putting us back into "our place." The "toxicity" they refer to is us refusing to be run over and asserting that we, not they, are the real power in this state.

Their glory days are long gone, never coming back, and they can't handle it. The current fans were brought up on granddiddy's tales of the glory days and believe that's how it's supposed to be. Unfortunately for them, reality is something much different. So they live in a fantasy land and do whatever they can to attempt to restore the "good ol' days" of dominance. If that means having a person fired, so be it.

Taog Redloh
07-07-2016, 11:41 AM
And we roll over and take it.
As a complete fanbase, yes, we take it. But how can we not until we overwhelm them with numbers? We all know there is a problem, but we can't do anything about it until we force the issue. Unfortunately that is very hard to do. I'd love to hear suggestions.

Boodawg
07-07-2016, 11:51 AM
As a complete fanbase, yes, we take it. But how can we not until we overwhelm them with numbers? We all know there is a problem, but we can't do anything about it until we force the issue. Unfortunately that is very hard to do. I'd love to hear suggestions.

We need our own Journalism school, and Law school for one.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2016, 11:51 AM

We're already bigger than them. We have been for 20 years or more. They're the minority. There are no easy answers to the problem. I don't want to see us sink to their level. It's sick and disgusting. But on the other hand, their has to be a response and a line drawn in the sand. Where is that point? I'm not sure. For me personally, it's when they go after a person both professionally and personally.

As I said in my Pseudonym Thread further down the board, this has been happening for at least 15-20 years. It's not new, but it has to end. We shouldn't live in fear of our jobs and reputations over a damn sports rivalry. But they still have most of their people in the key positions of power in the state. One solution is we must begin electing Bulldogs to state offices. I know that sounds crazy, but it's a critical step in fixing this mess, in my mind. When they run an entire state as a minority, they get away with things like this. Hell, they're getting away with an ACT scam right now. People in Georgia went to prison for a similar scam. Not a single person involved here has been indicted. That should be a wakeup call, folks.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2016, 11:57 AM

I think boycotting the CL and all their sponsors is a good start. If their ususal mouthpieces are brought down and forced to actually be neutral then that would help. And then expand that. If they are tied to TSUN in any way then we don't do business with them. Nobody ringing a cowbell needs to be driving a car with a Canon Motor Co. decal on it. If we make one call, it damn well better not be to Richard Schwartz. And then call out every instance of them being their hypocritical sanctimonious ass selves. Just like that winner that works in the governor's office. I forgot his name. If we as a fanbase would stand up and say 17 you every time they tried to bend us over instead of just turning around and dropping our pants we could do this. Hell, back in 1776 we were badly outmanned. We couldn't overwhelm a boy scout camp with numbers. But our forefathers said enough was enough and we took what was rightfully ours. Force the issue whereever and whenever we see it needs to be forced. And then when one of us forces the issue the rest jump in and support it. I think that may be one of our problems. We'll see one guy fighting the good fight and wish him God speed and the best of luck and then watch and see how it turns out. The bears see one of theirs fighting the fight and they all drop what they're doing and get knee deep in it, too. You don't believe me then make a disparaging comment to a bear on twitter or FB about TSUN and see how quickly all their friends quit burning crosses and immediately pick up their cellphones. They're like sharks in the water when they smell blood.

If you look up the definition of bulldog in the dictionary you see adjectives as subborn, unrelenting, and strong. It's time all of us act like the mascot of the team and school we love. It's time for the hospitality and respect we are known for to go out the window when it comes to these walking turds. The gloves need to come off and come off now.

I'm off my soapbox now. Time to breathe.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2016, 12:48 PM
I think boycotting the CL and all their sponsors is a good start. If their ususal mouthpieces are brought down and forced to actually be neutral then that would help. And then expand that. If they are tied to TSUN in any way then we don't do business with them. Nobody ringing a cowbell needs to be driving a car with a Canon Motor Co. decal on it. If we make one call, it damn well better not be to Richard Schwartz. And then call out every instance of them being their hypocritical sanctimonious ass selves. Just like that winner that works in the governor's office. I forgot his name. If we as a fanbase would stand up and say 17 you every time they tried to bend us over instead of just turning around and dropping our pants we could do this. Hell, back in 1776 we were badly outmanned. We couldn't overwhelm a boy scout camp with numbers. But our forefathers said enough was enough and we took what was rightfully ours. Force the issue whereever and whenever we see it needs to be forced. And then when one of us forces the issue the rest jump in and support it. I think that may be one of our problems. We'll see one guy fighting the good fight and wish him God speed and the best of luck and then watch and see how it turns out. The bears see one of theirs fighting the fight and they all drop what they're doing and get knee deep in it, too. You don't believe me then make a disparaging comment to a bear on twitter or FB about TSUN and see how quickly all their friends quit burning crosses and immediately pick up their cellphones. They're like sharks in the water when they smell blood.

If you look up the definition of bulldog in the dictionary you see adjectives as subborn, unrelenting, and strong. It's time all of us act like the mascot of the team and school we love. It's time for the hospitality and respect we are known for to go out the window when it comes to these walking turds. The gloves need to come off and come off now.

I think that's part of the fundamental difference in our fan bases and how we view the rivalry compared to them. We realize that it's sports. It's something we love and are attached to, but it's not worth spending time, energy and money to figure out who an internet personality is and attack them personally & professionally.

Northern Miss, on the other hand, is a fan base of lynch mobbers. If they perceive a slight, they unite and fight to the death. Sports is more important to them than anything else. And when I say sports, I'm including "crootin" in that broad word. They live and die by how they believe Northern Miss is perceived.

We definitely need to get better at rallying around our own when they are besieged by the Northern Miss Mob. But I don't think we should be going after them the way they come after us. I think all of us here have a very strong dislike of RebelBruiser. But as much as I disdain the guy for comments he's made about MSU players over the years, I don't think we should try to find out who he is and have him fired from whatever he's doing. That's just the fundamental difference in true civility versus toxicity.

That said, C34 should sue the hell out of the bastards that got him fired.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2016, 12:53 PM
I don't think we should try to find out who he is and have him fired from whatever he's doing.

The thing is they do that because they have no fear of reprisal. If we stood up and fought the fight to their level it may not take but once or twice and they quit going after peoples' jobs. They're the typical neighborhood bully. You stand up and punch them back harder than they hit you and they slink off.

LC Dawg
07-07-2016, 01:16 PM
If Hugh Freeze is so worried about the toxicity of the rivalry why doesn't he step in and try to get C34 his job back and do a little preaching to his fan base about the evil of being assholes. Seems like that would be the Christian thing to do.

TrapGame
07-07-2016, 01:19 PM
If Hugh Freeze is so worried about the toxicity of the rivalry why doesn't he step in and try to get C34 his job back and do a little preaching to his fan base about the evil of being assholes. Seems like that would be the Christian thing to do.

And that's why Freeze and everybody else up there is a hypocrite and self righteous POS.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 01:51 PM

Oh please...allow me. It's CLAY (PSYCHO, I LIKE TO GET DRUNK ONLINE & MAKE AN ASS OF MYSELF) CHANDLER

Taog Redloh
07-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I think boycotting the CL and all their sponsors is a good start.
I've always thought this was ridiculous. Not just you, but everyone. They are the only major newspaper in the state. You have to change things from the inside. You're wanting to cure the headache by cutting off the head.

Now, off MY soapbox.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 02:13 PM
I've always thought this was ridiculous. Not just you, but everyone. They are the only major newspaper in the state. You have to change things from the inside. You're wanting to cure the headache by cutting off the head.

Now, off MY soapbox.

The Sports section is the problem. They don't know how to run it. Hugh needs to spend more time sharing some of his cheeseburgers with Bonner's little ass & a little less time typing Editorials that have nothing to do with Sports.

The rest of the CL is okay. They have good content. It's the Sports section that is the problem.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2016, 02:15 PM

Now, off MY soapbox.

What does it matter if they are the only major paper in the state? I don't care if they were the only newpaper in the state period. If they are biased and pushing an agenda that goes against something you hold dear they don't deserve my support or the support of those that also love MSU. The CL is not the head. TSUN is the head. Attacking the CL is attacking a very powerful outlet for their propoganda. It's even worse because those outside the state don't know it's a propoganda machine. They see it as a legit source of news. When a sports fan from another state sees something regarding the NCAA investigation and gets on google and searches newspapers in MS the first hit is going to be the CL. So he immediately gets only the party line news as approved by the politburo in Oxford. All he sees is TSUN hasn't done anything very bad and it's all those MSU fans just taking things way too seriously and causing the rivalry to be toxic. And he'll believe that because that is from the only state newspaper in MS.

Reason2succeed
07-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Now, off MY soapbox.

I disagree. It's a newspaper in the Internet age. Newspapers are already dying. Put them out of their misery. I still think that our athletic administration should block their access like it is alleged that OM threatened to do.

For those business that advertise with the CL tell them to pick a new medium.

Bodaski
07-07-2016, 02:33 PM

He can't, the fans control his ass. Why do you think he was hired? For the very reason the ncaa has been on their ass for, to cheat. Freeze knew their system, he worked under that formula under Oregeron.

BulldogBear
07-07-2016, 02:43 PM
What does it matter if they are the only major paper in the state? I don't care if they were the only newpaper in the state period. If they are biased and pushing an agenda that goes against something you hold dear they don't deserve my support or the support of those that also love MSU. The CL is not the head. TSUN is the head. Attacking the CL is attacking a very powerful outlet for their propoganda. It's even worse because those outside the state don't know it's a propoganda machine. They see it as a legit source of news. When a sports fan from another state sees something regarding the NCAA investigation and gets on google and searches newspapers in MS the first hit is going to be the CL. So he immediately gets only the party line news as approved by the politburo in Oxford. All he sees is TSUN hasn't done anything very bad and it's all those MSU fans just taking things way too seriously and causing the rivalry to be toxic. And he'll believe that because that is from the only state newspaper in MS.

It's a media problem in general. Instead of just reporting the facts, they have a spin. This is just how it works in sports as well.

maroonmania
07-07-2016, 02:49 PM
We're already bigger than them. We have been for 20 years or more. They're the minority. There are no easy answers to the problem. I don't want to see us sink to their level. It's sick and disgusting. But on the other hand, their has to be a response and a line drawn in the sand. Where is that point? I'm not sure. For me personally, it's when they go after a person both professionally and personally.

As I said in my Pseudonym Thread further down the board, this has been happening for at least 15-20 years. It's not new, but it has to end. We shouldn't live in fear of our jobs and reputations over a damn sports rivalry. But they still have most of their people in the key positions of power in the state. One solution is we must begin electing Bulldogs to state offices. I know that sounds crazy, but it's a critical step in fixing this mess, in my mind. When they run an entire state as a minority, they get away with things like this. Hell, they're getting away with an ACT scam right now. People in Georgia went to prison for a similar scam. Not a single person involved here has been indicted. That should be a wakeup call, folks.

We have a larger school enrollment but they still control most of the state institutions in that they have more in local government, the judicial system, school boards and administrators and of course lawyers. They likely also have a larger percentage of in state students that stay home as well (though they have less overall number of in state students). That being because MSU, which is much more a technical school, has a large number of students that have to leave the state to find good jobs in fields like engineering and architecture because there just aren't that many jobs in the state for those technical fields. But every town has a job for a certain number of doctors, lawyers and teachers. Heck, I would still likely be in the state if there were more job opportunities available for engineers.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 02:54 PM

I agree with you on boycotting the CL & holding their hand to the fire. Unfortunately, anyone searching for the NCAA investigation into Usiss wouldn't see any links to the CL since they HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE A PASS ON THIS NEWS STORY.

War Machine Dawg
07-07-2016, 03:04 PM
We have a larger school enrollment but they still control most of the state institutions in that they have more in local government, the judicial system, school boards and administrators and of course lawyers. They likely also have a larger percentage of in state students that stay home as well (though they have less overall number of in state students). That being because MSU, which is much more a technical school, has a large number of students that have to leave the state to find good jobs in fields like engineering and architecture because there just aren't that many jobs in the state for those technical fields. But every town has a job for a certain number of doctors, lawyers and teachers. Heck, I would still likely be in the state if there were more job opportunities available for engineers.

That is why I said we must start taking into account who is a Bulldog when we elect people to office within the state. Allowing them to continue owning the political system in this state is voting for them to continue having amnesty for anything they do wrong.

I also agree with the poster who keeps saying we need a real journalism school. That would be a big step in the right direction.

As far as lawyers, there are plenty of good Bulldogs who go to Northern Miss to get their JD. Firsthand experience talking here. Got several good friends in the profession with a JD from UM. Believe me when I say, they bleed maroon and have no love for UM. We don't have as many as they do, granted, but there are indeed plenty out there. I'd love to see us have our own law school, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. Especially as long as the IHL remains in place and we need their approval to wipe our nose. Getting rid of the IHL would be another positive step. Each school should be allowed to determine its own path forward without a governing body of Northern Miss alums dictating to everyone else.

Behrdawg
07-07-2016, 08:11 PM

Great post, Hack. I would like to hear Hugh Freeze's take on this situation. He wants it to be "less toxic" but it was his minions who struck at the livelihood of someone trying to move back home closer to family. I wonder what Freeze thinks? I wish someone would ask him.

SapperDawg
07-07-2016, 08:35 PM
One thing it is past time to do is take over the damn airwaves in our State. Billboards are cool, but if you are not already a State fan, then you are not listening to our games.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/scumglove/supertalk_zpssqcj8dta.jpg (http://s375.photobucket.com/user/scumglove/media/supertalk_zpssqcj8dta.jpg.html)

I asked our AD about this, and his response was to ask me to help him. This guy has spent his entire career in marketing and college sports, so I chalk that up to ineptness. No way we should be in a backseat to UNM on the airwaves in MS. Additionally, I live in AL, and on every radio station every day is the "Alabama Minute"...all things UA sports. We need to do this...but on a larger scale. We are the land grant institution, should be able to frame all the great things we do for MS, book farmers and whatnot, over the airwaves as PSA of some sort.

Then, we need to become the damn media. There is enough knowledge on this board to start the best damn sports journalism outlet MS has ever seen.......from HS Baseball scouting, to HS football breakdowns, player rankings and projections...etc. The problem is we all have real jobs, and cant sacrifice the time to do this, or can we?

Hell, with his current level of popularity, C34 could have the #1 afternoon drive show in the MS major markets by Monday of the next week.

Dawgfan77
07-08-2016, 05:41 AM
One thing it is past time to do is take over the damn airwaves in our State. Billboards are cool, but if you are not already a State fan, then you are not listening to our games.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/scumglove/supertalk_zpssqcj8dta.jpg (http://s375.photobucket.com/user/scumglove/media/supertalk_zpssqcj8dta.jpg.html)

I asked our AD about this, and his response was to ask me to help him. This guy has spent his entire career in marketing and college sports, so I chalk that up to ineptness. No way we should be in a backseat to UNM on the airwaves in MS. Additionally, I live in AL, and on every radio station every day is the "Alabama Minute"...all things UA sports. We need to do this...but on a larger scale. We are the land grant institution, should be able to frame all the great things we do for MS, book farmers and whatnot, over the airwaves as PSA of some sort.

Then, we need to become the damn media. There is enough knowledge on this board to start the best damn sports journalism outlet MS has ever seen.......from HS Baseball scouting, to HS football breakdowns, player rankings and projections...etc. The problem is we all have real jobs, and cant sacrifice the time to do this, or can we?

Hell, with his current level of popularity, C34 could have the #1 afternoon drive show in the MS major markets by Monday of the next week.

I understand what your saying but it's 2016 and all our games are on TV in football. Baseball and basketball are different but the big games and SEC games are televised so radio broadcasting is a dying media.
Sorry to hijack

Spiderman
07-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Aw hell, had my local school, in a predominately State town hired say, Rebel Jacob, and a bunch of State people started raising hell at the coach, principal, and superintendent. His ass would have got fired too.

No big bad Ole Miss boogey man got Coach fired. It was a whole bunch of local psycho Ole Miss fans raising hell to the school, and a bunch of other sidewalk alumni. And then I'm sure Yancy's minions emailed a bunch of crap.

Where I live, Ole Miss people could lose jobs if our fanbase was as wacko as theirs. Like I said, most of the "Powers that be" are State folks here.

Coach went into "Their" school. "Their" school more so than Oxford High or Lafayette Co. HS.

Y'all give them too much credit if you think they control most of the lives in most of Mississippi.

MSUDawg99
07-08-2016, 04:02 PM
I understand what your saying but it's 2016 and all our games are on TV in football. Baseball and basketball are different but the big games and SEC games are televised so radio broadcasting is a dying media.
Sorry to hijack

I would disagree that the big baseball games are on tv. MSU baseball on SEC Network was virtually non-existent this year. SEC Network Plus, sure, but SEC Network does a horrendous job showing spread coverage of baseball. In some of our biggest matchups this year, we weren't being aired.

The radio is a great option for those traveling on the road but if you're not in the network area covering the game, then your SOL. I tried several times listening via radio, only to run across a damn YouMiss game instead. Screw that!

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hijack

It's not about "availability" of the game, it's about promotion. Every kid should be turning on their radio on in their car and hearing the State baseball game. Every player's name should be a familiar to everyone in the state. We'll be streaming everything soon, but we should still try to dominate every media outlet we can just for exposure.

I seen it dawg
07-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Win it all. Why is that hard for some? Promotion, radio, streaming, marketing, win it ****ing all. Why not? You should want to win it all and if you don't fire everyone until the culture is such that you want to win it all.

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Win it all. Why is that hard for some? Promotion, radio, streaming, marketing, win it ****ing all. Why not? You should want to win it all and if you don't fire everyone until the culture is such that you want to win it all.

We need someone who will grind.

I seen it dawg
07-08-2016, 09:37 PM
I should have taken the AD path