PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tyler Russell's demeanor

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Was watching the video posted by Bonner yesterday, and couldn't help but notice that Tyler has a little more of 17 you attitude this year. I could be off-base and maybe reading to much into this and maybe he is just tired, but he certainly seems to be coming across as a little more of a hardened veteran this year. In past years, he has come across on video as very open, fast talking, and somewhat unrefined.

Not sure if I'm putting my finger on it, but something seems different and I kind of like it.

The deer in the headlights look is gone, and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2013/08/22/video-russell-discusses-his-2013-expectations-breaks-down-wide-receivers/

Goat Holder
08-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Probably hatched out of necessity, because our fans criticized him so damn much.

MSUDawg4Life
08-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Good.

Bubb Rubb
08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Was watching the video posted by Bonner yesterday, and couldn't help but notice that Tyler has a little more of 17 you attitude this year. I could be off-base and maybe reading to much into this and maybe he is just tired, but he certainly seems to be coming across as a little more of a hardened veteran this year. In past years, he has come across on video as very open, fast talking, and somewhat unrefined.

Not sure if I'm putting my finger on it, but something seems different and I kind of like it.

The deer in the headlights look is gone, and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2013/08/22/video-russell-discusses-his-2013-expectations-breaks-down-wide-receivers/

He was absolutely killed on Twitter after the season last year...by Ole Miss fans and especially by our own shitty fans. He seemed to have the right attitude about it then, and I hope it's driving him this year. He definitely has his limitations, but he has the tools to have a big year.

SignalToNoise
08-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Probably sick and tired of the criticism and not happy with the way he played in the Gator Bowl. Could be highly motivated to kick some ass.

jumbo
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
good. i remember seeing him at the dawg walk his RS freshman year and he kept looking around with a total "holy shit" look on his face

angusyoung
08-23-2013, 11:25 AM
He was absolutely killed on Twitter after the season last year...by Ole Miss fans and especially by our own shitty fans. He seemed to have the right attitude about it then, and I hope it's driving him this year. He definitely has his limitations, but he has the tools to have a big year.

Anyone that tweets a player is a ****ing toolshed and anyone who criticizes a player on twitter needs to have his ass whipped. All things considered, every single player on every major schools roster is an elite athlete and to think some fat piece of shit feels entitled to voice his displeasure with said player on twitter is reason enough to be tracked down and beaten.

smootness
08-23-2013, 11:32 AM
good. i remember seeing him at the dawg walk his RS freshman year and he kept looking around with a total "holy shit" look on his face

I remember seeing some fans read way too much into things.

Percho
08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I think it is called maturity. It comes with age and I'es got lots and lots of maturity.

Coach34
08-23-2013, 11:54 AM
tweeting bad shit at a player is ridiculous. Should never happen. Definitely one of the problems associated with social media

CJDAWG85
08-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Anyone that tweets a player is a ****ing toolshed and anyone who criticizes a player on twitter needs to have his ass whipped. All things considered, every single player on every major schools roster is an elite athlete and to think some fat piece of shit feels entitled to voice his displeasure with said player on twitter is reason enough to be tracked down and beaten.

This

archdog
08-23-2013, 12:54 PM
^^^^^THIS^^^^^ social media is awesome, but not if you can directly criticize players, coaches, and coaches wives. Our fans do some stupid stuff sometimes, along with every other fan base.

Bulldawg1994
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM

I agree with you on that.

RC3
08-23-2013, 03:32 PM
one major thing i take away from that video: dammmmm tyler russell has a serious receding hariline.lulz

AROB44
08-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Thank you.....very well said.

hells bells
08-23-2013, 09:24 PM
tweeting bad shit at a player is ridiculous. Should never happen. Definitely one of the problems associated with social media

First of all this is my first post. Second, I am from Meridian. Now, let's just start with the recruitment of Tyler. Croom is fired following another Egg Bowl disaster. At this point Tyler is bombarded with phone calls from other programs such as Alabama, South Carolina ect. According to what I was told Coach Mullen home visit was stiff at best. If not for Mark Hedgepeth it would have been a disaster. Over time Tyler kept his commitment and signed with State. I was also told Coach Croom contacted Tyler and reminded him about keeping his word. With all the crap posted about Tyler and I am sure he is aware of it, his attitude has changed. If you get beat down enough by your own fan base there is nothing left. Welcome to Tyler Russell 5.0.

MSUDawg4Life
08-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Who are you?

smootness
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM
First of all this is my first post. Second, I am from Meridian. Now, let's just start with the recruitment of Tyler. Croom is fired following another Egg Bowl disaster. At this point Tyler is bombarded with phone calls from other programs such as Alabama, South Carolina ect. According to what I was told Coach Mullen home visit was stiff at best. If not for Mark Hedgepeth it would have been a disaster. Over time Tyler kept his commitment and signed with State. I was also told Coach Croom contacted Tyler and reminded him about keeping his word. With all the crap posted about Tyler and I am sure he is aware of it, his attitude has changed. If you get beat down enough by your own fan base there is nothing left. Welcome to Tyler Russell 5.0.

I'm not sure what this means. Is Tyler Russell 5.0 ticked at the world and ready to set it on fire...or has he given up and couldn't care less?

Political Hack
08-23-2013, 09:47 PM

well said. he's the best QB we've ever had. Period.

Now he just needs to go out, finish his career with a great season, and shut the naysayers the hell up.

CadaverDawg
08-23-2013, 09:52 PM

**** "17", just say "****". #EliteDawgs

hells bells
08-23-2013, 10:14 PM
well said. he's the best QB we've ever had. Period.

Now he just needs to go out, finish his career with a great season, and shut the naysayers the hell up.

You got it.

dudehead
08-23-2013, 10:51 PM

This is pretty damn accurate.

Coach34
08-23-2013, 10:56 PM
The State fanbase has treated Tyler very well. He has had a few critics- and I have been one of them- but overall he really has very little to be mad at his own fanbase about. And my biggest issue has been that he didnt fit our offense- I've said it 100 times. And guess what? Mullen agrees with me because he is making changes for this season.

Thats whats so funny about this- people act like I hate Russell- thats ridiculous. I hate Russell as a Spread Option QB. Any intelligent person would because that is not what he is. I'm actually excited about the changes we have made for Russell to help him be more successful. I want Russell to have a good year, Dakota to get more experience and help us win games- and Tyler to get drafted in the 6th round by the Vikings. That would mean we had a good season.

Hopefully a pissed off Tyler Russell is what we need.

CadaverDawg
08-23-2013, 10:59 PM
The State fanbase has treated Tyler very well. He has had a few critics- and I have been one of them- but overall he really has very little to be mad at his own fanbase about. And my biggest issue has been that he didnt fit our offense- I've said it 100 times. And guess what? Mullen agrees with me because he is making changes for this season.

Thats whats so funny about this- people act like I hate Russell- thats ridiculous. I hate Russell as a Spread Option QB. Any intelligent person would because that is not what he is. I'm actually excited about the changes we have made for Russell to help him be more successful. I want Russell to have a good year, Dakota to get more experience and help us win games- and Tyler to get drafted in the 6th round by the Vikings. That would mean we had a good season.

Hopefully a pissed off Tyler Russell is what we need.

Obviously, I agree 1000% with this. My sentiments exactly

ShotgunDawg
08-23-2013, 11:29 PM
I really doubt Tyler is mad at our fan base. Some of you fans want to believe you have much more power than you really do. Heaven forbid Tyler play for LSU, like Jordan Jefferson did, or Auburn, like Kyle Frazier did, or Alabama, like John Parker Wilson did, or Aaron Murray, in the Cocktail party, or Tyler Bray, for his entire Tennessee career, or John Brantley during the bad few years for Florida, or Jarrett Lee at LSU, or Stephen Garcia at South Carolina, or ;laksdf;lja;ldjfajdf etc....

Hopefully you get the point. This is SEC football and most SEC QBs get their shit eatan and ass beat by their own fan base at some point. Tyler has been treated well as the MSU QB, but I would honestly hope that after the way he played in the Gator Bowl, Tyler would have been the first person to say that he deserved the reaction he got.

When you sign up to play SEC football, you are signing up to play big boy football, against other big boys, in enormous stadiums, and in front of millions of people on TV. Along with the fame, press, and benefits that come from that, there is another side. You are the pride of a state, a town, and people find their own self worth and significance in how successful you are.

This is what you sign up for when you sign the dotted line to play SEC football, and I have no doubt that Tyler understood that, and has no problem with the way he has been treated.

Hopefully, he is motivated, has a chip on his shoulder, is ready to put that game behind him, and ready to whip some ass, but I seriously doubt he is sitting around upset about the way his own fan base is treating him. He is too much of a leader, too strong a person, and too good a QB for that to happen.

Barking 13
08-24-2013, 10:59 AM
I really doubt Tyler is mad at our fan base. Some of you fans want to believe you have much more power than you really do. Heaven forbid Tyler play for LSU, like Jordan Jefferson did, or Auburn, like Kyle Frazier did, or Alabama, like John Parker Wilson did, or Aaron Murray, in the Cocktail party, or Tyler Bray, for his entire Tennessee career, or John Brantley during the bad few years for Florida, or Jarrett Lee at LSU, or Stephen Garcia at South Carolina, or ;laksdf;lja;ldjfajdf etc....

Hopefully you get the point. This is SEC football and most SEC QBs get their shit eatan and ass beat by their own fan base at some point. Tyler has been treated well as the MSU QB, but I would honestly hope that after the way he played in the Gator Bowl, Tyler would have been the first person to say that he deserved the reaction he got.

When you sign up to play SEC football, you are signing up to play big boy football, against other big boys, in enormous stadiums, and in front of millions of people on TV. Along with the fame, press, and benefits that come from that, there is another side. You are the pride of a state, a town, and people find their own self worth and significance in how successful you are.

This is what you sign up for when you sign the dotted line to play SEC football, and I have no doubt that Tyler understood that, and has no problem with the way he has been treated.

Hopefully, he is motivated, has a chip on his shoulder, is ready to put that game behind him, and ready to whip some ass, but I seriously doubt he is sitting around upset about the way his own fan base is treating him. He is too much of a leader, too strong a person, and too good a QB for that to happen.

X10

Coach34
08-24-2013, 11:06 AM
I really doubt Tyler is mad at our fan base. Some of you fans want to believe you have much more power than you really do.

I agree with your overall post- but let's not forget that Russell's Mom had a long post scolding our fans on Jeanspage or some shit last year after the bowl game.

Political Hack
08-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I agree with your overall post- but let's not forget that Russell's Mom had a long post scolding our fans on Jeanspage or some shit last year after the bowl game.

so fans can complain, but his mom can't? That's a two way street.

And it's his mom... not Tyler. Tyler has handled pressure as well as an QB we've ever had.

ShotgunDawg
08-24-2013, 11:27 AM

This is true, and most mothers don't understand the game and are the ones that take criticism of their babies the hardest.

I don't think Tyler has a **** you attitude because he is upset with the fan base, I think its just that he has become so mature and knowledgeable, that he is somewhat smarter than the room now.

Aaron Rodgers probably has the greatest **** you attitude of any QB in the game right now, but it has nothing to do with the Green Bay fan base. Saban also has a **** you attitude.

Here is how I think one acquires the **** you attitude.

1. Freshman year or rookie NFL season: Wow, all this media attention is great. All the girls from my hometown will see me on TV and want **** me.

2. Sophomore year or 2nd NFL season: Wow, all this media attention is great, but they hold everything I say against me. They are starting to get annoying. Man, I've screwed every girl from my hometown and they just like me because I play QB.

3. Junior & Senior year or 3rd+ NFL season: ahhh, I got to talk to the media again. I really just want to go watch film and try to help my team win games. I now have the burden on leadership on my shoulders, and I have to make sure all the freshman know what they are doing. I now know as much if not more than the coaches, and this is my last year. No time to waste. Every question comes across as annoying because the questions are 2 steps below my intelligence level and I've heard the same questions for 3 years now. Every question is 5 less minutes I can spend in the film room.

Coach34
08-24-2013, 11:50 AM
so fans can complain, but his mom can't? That's a two way street.

And it's his mom... not Tyler. Tyler has handled pressure as well as an QB we've ever had.

Actually no- she needs to keep quiet. Thats part of bigtime athletics. She gets to enjoy all the adulation during the good times- you have to endure the criticism during the bad. As I said earlier- Tyler has been treated very well by our fanbase overall- she doesnt need to react that way at the first sign of trouble.

These guys are all internet savvy and you can bet they read stuff said about them- good and bad. A small part of Tyler's motivation could be the fans- but as Shotgun said- it's mostly that he is mature 5th yr Sr that has a full year of starting under his belt. And with the way the season ended last year, plus the NFL draft ahead- he is motivated to play well and go out a winner. That's what we all want from him and for him

I seen it dawg
08-24-2013, 12:16 PM

Missed you Angus

Political Hack
08-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Actually no- she needs to keep quiet. Thats part of bigtime athletics. She gets to enjoy all the adulation during the good times- you have to endure the criticism during the bad. As I said earlier- Tyler has been treated very well by our fanbase overall- she doesnt need to react that way at the first sign of trouble.

These guys are all internet savvy and you can bet they read stuff said about them- good and bad. A small part of Tyler's motivation could be the fans- but as Shotgun said- it's mostly that he is mature 5th yr Sr that has a full year of starting under his belt. And with the way the season ended last year, plus the NFL draft ahead- he is motivated to play well and go out a winner. That's what we all want from him and for him

I disagree. She has as much of a right to come on here and post her opinions on Tyler as anyone else, and even more so if you ask me.

I agree that it would sometimes be better to keep quiet, but I don't think it's right to suggest she doesn't deserve the right to make her opinion on the matter known.

I do however fault her for using jeanspage. rookie mistake.