djaymsu5
07-07-2016, 08:01 AM
When is he supposed to make it to campus? Is he going to qualify

Jacksondevildog
07-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Paul Jones says August.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2016, 10:07 AM
He should be here in August question is will he be cleared in time to go on the Italy trip. He could really use that practice & game time.

the59dawg
07-07-2016, 12:08 PM
He should be here in August question is will he be cleared in time to go on the Italy trip. He could really use that practice & game time.

He'll have to hustle. Trip is planned fm Aug 2 - 15.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-07-2016, 12:14 PM
He'll have to hustle. Trip is planned fm Aug 2 - 15.

I'm guessing if he's cleared in the next couple of weeks but not enrolled in summer school he could still go.

MarketingBully
07-08-2016, 08:36 AM
My take is go with the 12 we got. Get Ado in and weather the storm of the youth on this team this year. I am not sure a grad transfer would be worth it in the long run. Andrew White would play the same position and take away from Kegler's PT this year. We have the OOC schedule to really build the confidence of this young team before SEC season starts and once we get into the SEC season, who knows what could happen. The OOC schedule is fairly weak which is perfect for this young team and why I like it. I think this is an NIT team that more then likely will win 20+ games (and if you saw the OOC schedule you would see that is an attainable goal). I'm excited about basketball and really can't wait for tipoff in November. :)

Ifyouonlyknew
07-08-2016, 08:46 AM
My take is go with the 12 we got. Get Ado in and weather the storm of the youth on this team this year. I am not sure a grad transfer would be worth it in the long run. Andrew White would play the same position and take away from Kegler's PT this year. We have the OOC schedule to really build the confidence of this young team before SEC season starts and once we get into the SEC season, who knows what could happen. The OOC schedule is fairly weak which is perfect for this young team and why I like it. I think this is an NIT team that more then likely will win 20+ games (and if you saw the OOC schedule you would see that is an attainable goal). I'm excited about basketball and really can't wait for tipoff in November. :)

White is a 2/3. Kegler is playing the 4 & may have some spot duty at the 3 but I doubt if it's very much.

MarketingBully
07-08-2016, 08:52 AM
White is a 2/3. Kegler is playing the 4 & may have some spot duty at the 3 but I doubt if it's very much.

Ahh gotcha. Still would take time away from a player like an Eli Wright or Stapleton when he comes back. We could also play Kegler at the 3 and start Holman at the four with IJ and Q in the backcourt. I'm just thinking if our chemistry is already good with who we have then introducing a wild card for one year may disrupt that.

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 09:53 AM
BH is smart enough to control that. If he doesn't fit well, he won't play, but I think you always give a coach as many quality chess pieces as you can and then let them decide.

I think we've got a chance to be pretty good despite being young. Look at what Q did as a freshman. Kegler won't back down and Ado's presence in the middle is going to help a lot and steal a lot of offensive minutes from opponents. We've got a great mix of players. It's the first time in a LONG time I can see how our personnel will work together... And we even have a little depth to boot!

djaymsu5
07-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Ok guess we will just have to play that one by ear. Do you expect Strugg or Datcher to contribute? I have a feeling Strugg is going to get processed. Datcher may end up being a pretty good one. I really hope Holman makes a big jump this year. I can see his potential but he just looked timid at times last year. Coming off of an injury and being a freshman I can understand that. I think he is going to make some strides this year.

Dawg61
07-08-2016, 11:13 AM
After watching Kegler in the national championship tournament I don't think it's a bad thing to have White start over him.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Ok guess we will just have to play that one by ear. Do you expect Strugg or Datcher to contribute? I have a feeling Strugg is going to get processed. Datcher may end up being a pretty good one. I really hope Holman makes a big jump this year. I can see his potential but he just looked timid at times last year. Coming off of an injury and being a freshman I can understand that. I think he is going to make some strides this year.

I don't know if Strugg will ever get back 100%. I think Datcher could give spot minutes but he's going to have to adjust to not being the biggest guy on the floor & just overpowering people. I expect Holman to have a good year.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-08-2016, 11:35 AM
After watching Kegler in the national championship tournament I don't think it's a bad thing to have White start over him.

Yes he had a bad championship game but he was their 2nd leading scorer for the year (14.2). He has the potential to lead this team in scoring this year.

Dawg61
07-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Yes he had a bad championship game but he was their 2nd leading scorer for the year (14.2). He has the potential to lead this team in scoring this year.

We take White if he'll have us is the point. If Kegler leads us in scoring this year we are going to suck.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-08-2016, 12:33 PM
We take White if he'll have us is the point. If Kegler leads us in scoring this year we are going to suck.

Of course we'd take White. If I made it seem like we wouldn't then that was my fault. Outside of Q, I'd put my money on Mario as much or more than anybody on the team to lead us in scoring. I think you're really underestimating Mario's ability. His scoring is why he was a top 30 prospect. He can score from all over the floor in any fashion. He's the only freshman we have that could produce a 1 & done season.

MarketingBully
07-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Ahh leave it to Dawg61 to bring in some idiotic comments regarding our basketball team. My guess is you will eat your words on Kegler come March.

MarketingBully
07-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I think we will be pretty even in scoring with the starting five. I think it will go like this -

PG IJ Ready - 10 ppg/ 5 apg
SG Q - 16 ppg/ 2 apg/ 4-5 rpg
SF Wright - 8 ppg/ 4-5 rpg
PF Kegler - 13 ppg/ 6-7 rpg
C Herard - 10 ppg/ 7-8 rpg

Dawg61
07-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Ahh leave it to Dawg61 to bring in some idiotic comments regarding our basketball team. My guess is you will eat your words on Kegler come March.

Really? You've been an emotional tampon for the last six months and you're throwing jabs at me? Ok cupcake I'll take that bet. Come this March either you'll eat your words again or I will regarding Kegler.

Political Hack
07-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Of course we'd take White. If I made it seem like we wouldn't then that was my fault. Outside of Q, I'd put my money on Mario as much or more than anybody on the team to lead us in scoring. I think you're really underestimating Mario's ability. His scoring is why he was a top 30 prospect. He can score from all over the floor in any fashion. He's the only freshman we have that could produce a 1 & done season.

He's not gonna out score Q, but I agree he could easily be 2nd.

MarketingBully
07-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Really? You've been an emotional tampon for the last six months and you're throwing jabs at me? Ok cupcake I'll take that bet. Come this March either you'll eat your words again or I will regarding Kegler.

I'm only taking a jab at you because you are downing a player that hasn't even played for us yet and you are already saying we will suck if he leads us in scoring. This player Maryland, Indiana, and quite a few other schools wanted badly. I agree with IYOK that he is a kid that could produce a 1 and done season. He reminds me a lot of Dontae Jones and can score in a lot of the same ways as Jones did.

the59dawg
07-08-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't know if Strugg will ever get back 100%. I think Datcher could give spot minutes but he's going to have to adjust to not being the biggest guy on the floor & just overpowering people. I expect Holman to have a good year.

We need all the minutes we can get at the 5 position. Holman was a fouling machine last yr. Hopefully not so much this coming yr.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-08-2016, 02:43 PM
We need all the minutes we can get at the 5 position. Holman was a fouling machine last yr. Hopefully not so much this coming yr.

Holman just wasn't strong enough to bang at the 5 last year. He shouldn't spend nearly as much time at the 5 this year unless we're going with a smaller more athletic lineup or Datcher & Ado aren't ready for primetime.

Dawg61
07-08-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm only taking a jab at you because you are downing a player that hasn't even played for us yet and you are already saying we will suck if he leads us in scoring. This player Maryland, Indiana, and quite a few other schools wanted badly. I agree with IYOK that he is a kid that could produce a 1 and done season. He reminds me a lot of Dontae Jones and can score in a lot of the same ways as Jones did.

Kegler is a physical freak but he's going to go through an adjustment period. No chance he's one and done unless he's copying the Newman route.