PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on C34gate this evening...

Westdawg
07-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Been pondering this in my head tonight. You have a man who, the only thing he has really done is rattle the cages of a bunch of fans and alums of one particular school (well, two, counting the moronic fans of MSU who don't like his style). And THAT is what cost him this coaching position.
He has:
- openly told his thoughts and opinions on sports-related topics, especially recruiting.
- made a website for like-minded fans/alums of his alma mater to use without being pestered by other schools' fans
- didn't mince words about his feelings towards coaches of any school or their abilities and decisions, including MSU
- has received personal attacks (verbal attacks, physical threats, threats on his job, work, family, attempts to defame his person)

Fellas, aside from making a business decision to begin this website, that pretty much can describe the personalities of most coaches I know. I have experienced all of that as a coach.
I left coaching two years ago. Five years before that, I literally left the south because of things getting too crazy and moved out west. I only found that people act the same regardless of where I was. I made a personal decision to leave coaching and go back to what I was doing before teaching and coaching.....but if this was a true story, I know exactly how C34 felt the pull to go back into coaching. It is a strong pull. There's nothing like the game of football - chess on a field. And coaching up young boys into young men to live better lives than before you began coaching them.
So, Coach, if this was a legit move, I hope you find a place for you to land and do great things. And I hate this happened tonight.
And if this was a troll job on yours and Pogue's part, WELL DONE.

ShotgunDawg
07-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Well said West....

I think the Million Dollar question tonight is:

If Lee Wooldridge's internet name was Rebel Bruiser or Rebel Jacob, would today have turned out the same way?

That's an impossible question to answer, but it does provide food for thought. Does having an internet persona take away from what you can provide the kids? Does having an internet persona take attention away from kids?

All these are legitimate questions that I simply don't know the answer too. However, with the climate being too "toxic" for some, if Rebel Bruiser and Rebel Jacob weren't treated the exact same way C34 was today if they were in the same position, then that is discrimination & bias & basically confirms what everyone thinks.

preachermatt83
07-06-2016, 10:33 PM
I agree completely. If idiot om fans cost a man a job bc of there own personal hatred then they should be hunted down.

Westdawg
07-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Matt, I am still mad you didn't visit my tailgate this year 😁
For real though, ya gotta find me at a pre-game this fall

sandwolf
07-07-2016, 12:16 AM
If Lee Wooldridge's internet name was Rebel Bruiser or Rebel Jacob, would today have turned out the same way?

I really don't think those guys would be hired to a coaching position at any in state school, and I can promise you that they would never get hired at ****ing Starkville High. Why would the school board create that kind of headache for themselves?

I am honestly just surprised that this all got as far as it apparently did before they realized who C34 was.

Coach007
07-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Mixed emotions here. You know, a person is entitled to their own opinions and are free to speak. At the same time a PRIVATE Business has the right to not hire you based on you hurting that business. However this is a gov job. The fact that it is draws the line for me...... at the moment.

Being that it is not a business that stands to lose money, and it's a gov job, I feel he has a case to file law suit!

Todd4State
07-07-2016, 02:06 AM
I really don't think those guys would be hired to a coaching position at any in state school, and I can promise you that they would never get hired at ****ing Starkville High. Why would the school board create that kind of headache for themselves?

I am honestly just surprised that this all got as far as it apparently did before they realized who C34 was.

The difference is Coach34 is actually a legit high school coach. And apparently Starkville HS has some coaches with some Ole Miss loyalties- and after AJ Brown and Willie Gay, they may very well have some headaches over it. I'm not sure though- MSU fans aren't as bad as Ole Miss fans in general when it comes to that sort of thing.

And I will say this with all due respect to people in Batesville- they have some of the craziest football fans especially there where the team is so big. So, this is something that is going to get a lot of attention moreso than it would if Coach went to another school in the Oxford area other than maybe Oxford HS itself.

sandwolf
07-07-2016, 03:14 AM
The difference is Coach34 is actually a legit high school coach. And apparently Starkville HS has some coaches with some Ole Miss loyalties- and after AJ Brown and Willie Gay, they may very well have some headaches over it. I'm not sure though- MSU fans aren't as bad as Ole Miss fans in general when it comes to that sort of thing.

Yes, Starkville HS has some coaches with ties to OM, and I am pretty sure that a couple of the coaches at Oxford HS have ties to State (I want to say that the HC is an MSU guy, but don't quote me on that). The difference is that none of those coaches have become famous among OM/State internet fans based on nothing other than the hate that they inspire from the opposing fan base.

I would hope that some people at SHS do have a headache over Brown and Gay, because there isn't any excuse for that to happen in our back yard......but can you imagine the voice mails/emails (including screen shots of every questionable thing that they had ever posted on the internet) that they would be flooded with if word were to get out that somebody like Bruiser or Jacob were being added to the coaching staff? Plus the calls from the local sponsors informing them that they would be pulling out? It would never happen.